Powers and Abilities
- Avian Physiology
- Aerial Adaptation: Icarus's entire anatomy is naturally adapted to flying. His bones are hollow like a birds, making him weigh far less than usual for a man of his build and allowing him to run faster and jump higher. His body is virtually devoid of fat and possesses greater proportionate muscle mass than an ordinary human does. His eyes are specially adapted to withstand high-speed winds which would hurt the average human eye. He also posses superhumanly sharp hearing. He possesses a special membrane in his respiratory system enabling him to extract oxygen from the air at high velocities or altitudes. His body is accustomed to low temperatures at high altitudes
- Peak Human Strength: Due to his body's natural mutation, Icarus possesses greater physical strength than an ordinary human equal to him in body weight and can lift about 500 lbs.
- Superhuman Stamina: Icarus's musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. His physical stamina while in flight is considerably greater. Icarus can fly non-stop under his own power for a maximum of approximately twelve hours. Contrary to some reports, he couldn't make a transatlantic flight solely on his own power. During his one attempt to do so, he hitched a ride on an airplane for part of the way.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Icarus's body are somewhat harder and more durable than that of an ordinary human, though he is far from invulnerable. While he can be injured in ways comparable to an ordinary human, his body is structured to withstand the friction caused by flying at high speeds. He can also withstand impact forces that would severely injure or kill an ordinary human with only mild to moderate discomfort.
- Wings: Icarus possesses the superhuman ability to fly by means of his natural wings, which span 16 feet sixteen feet from wingtip to wingtip. Fully feathered like a bird's, the wings have a very flexible skeletal structure, enabling him to press them to the back of his torso and legs with only the slightest bulge visible under his clothing. Angel flies by flapping his wings, as a bird does. They are super-humanly strong, easily capable of breaking a man's bones and tossing someone through a wall, and allow him to lift an additional 200 pounds.
- Flight: Icarus's normal cruising speed averages around 70 miles per hour (112 kph), though he is capable of diving swoops that reach up to 180 miles per hour (290 kph). He can fly at 150 miles per hour (240 kph) without the help of a tail wind for up to half an hour at a time before tiring to an appreciable degree. Though he generally flies beneath the height of the clouds ([6,500 feet)(1981 meters) he can reach a height of 10,000 feet (3000 meters)with little effort. With severe strain he can attain the highest recorded altitude of a bird in flight (African geese at 29,000 feet (8840 meters) above sea level), but he could only remain that high for several minutes. Zach prefers to fly under the clouds, and can normally fly nonstop for half a day.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Icarus possesses an accelerated healing factor that enables him to repair damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. He can completely recover from non-fatal injuries such as slash and punctures within a matter of hours and injuries as severe as broken bones within a few days. This ability extends to being transferred by blood, thus he can heal others who come into contact with his blood, provided they have the same blood type.
- Vocal Manipulation: He possessed a set of vocal cords that produced a sonic frequency beyond the range of human capability as well as creating multiple sounds or voices at once. The vocal ability allowed for more vocal control, such as hypnosis. He could also copy any sound he had heard or imagined.
- Musical Talent: Icarus played the Guitar and regardless of his mutant ability, was a excellent singer as well.
Average human male with moderate exercise
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Jay was a deeply spiritual individual, though for reasons unknown, he kept this mostly to himself - sharing such with only a chosen few.
- Zechariah is the Earth-515 counterpart of Earth-616's Joshua Guthrie
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Zechariah Guthrie (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Zechariah Guthrie (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Zechariah Guthrie (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.