Warren Worthington III is a mutant who has a pair of white fledged wings, which come out his back. As a boy, he attempted to cut off his wings.
As a young man in his early twenties, his rich industrialist father was motivated by his son's mutation to create a "cure" for mutants. Warren fled before he could be stripped of his powers and went to the X-Men for help. He was recruited into the team by Professor X. Warren's father was captured by Psylocke, Arclight and Quill. They threw him off the roof, but Warren arrived in time to save him.
Powers and Abilities
Warren is a mutant, and also the only (possibly the last) known representative of the subspecies known as the Cheyarafim.
Wings: Angel possessed the superhuman ability to fly by means of his natural wings, which spanned sixteen feet from wingtip to wingtip. He later lost his wings, due to infection and amputation, but has regrown identical techno-organic wings. Fully feathered like a bird's, the wings have a very flexible skeletal structure, enabling him to press them to the back of his torso and legs with only the slightest bulge visible under his clothing. Angel flies by flapping his wings, as a bird does.The strength in his natural wings can easily break a man's arm or leg, or even put someone through a wall.
- Aerial Adaptation: Angel's entire anatomy is naturally adapted to flying. His bones are hollow, his body processes food more efficiently than a normal human body and does not store any excess fat, and he possesses a greater proportionate muscle mass than normal. As a result, his strength, speed, agility, flexibility, endurance, reflexes, coordination, balance, eyesight and hearing are at their peak. Elements of his anatomy are comparable to those of birds, especially birds of prey. His eyes can withstand high-speed winds which would damage the average human eye. He can breathe at high velocities or altitudes, and he can cope with the reduced temperatures at high altitudes for prolonged periods of time, giving him a greater-than-normal capacity to endure low temperatures in areas such as the Arctic.
- Flight: The Angel's normal cruising speed averages around 70 miles per hour (112 kph), though he is capable of diving swoops that reach up to 180 miles per hour (290 kph). He can fly at 150 miles per hour (240 kph) without the help of a tail wind for up to half an hour at a time before tiring to an appreciable degree. Though he generally flies beneath the height of the clouds (6,500 feet/1981 meters), he can reach a height of 10,000 feet (3000 meters) with little effort. With severe strain he can attain the highest recorded altitude of a bird in flight (African geese at 29,000 feet (8840 meters) above sea level), but can only remain at that altitude for several minutes.
Techno-Organic Wings: Angel was given techno-organic wings by Apocalypse as part of his conversion to the Horseman Death. Their feathers could be launched as flechettes which hit like bullets and able to pierce steel, due in part to their incredible endurance and composition. Archangel could use them to torpedo himself through most anything blasting through and rending it apart.
- Flight: The wings enabled him to fly approximately at Mach 1, possibly even faster considering he had little trouble out-flying a fighter jet which can travel a speed of Mach 2.35 (2,903 kph) and later still showed out flying the Blackbird while above sea level at Mach 4.2 (roughly 5,189 kph).
- Wing Blades: His T.O. wings have razor sharp edges running along them, most likely mono-molecular in sharpness, making them very deadly bladed weapons for him to use. It's suggested they can cleave semblances with the toughness of diamond being sharp enough cleave stone, tear through tempered steel slice and can easily cleave grown men clean in two.
- Wing Shielding: Due to their metallic transorganic nature they made decent shields to protect his body by covering up in them. Able to resist an arrow barrage, bullet fire, flash flames, a missile strike and lastly can tank a bio-nuclear microwave blast.
- Poisonous Plumage: Warrens new wings came with dischargeable flechettes which carried a potent neurotoxin paralyzing their mark on contact.
Regenerative Healing Factor: Warren had the ability to regrow damaged and destroyed tissue due in part to both his mutations and the T.O. factor of his wings. Every time they had been extracted new ones would regrow in their place.
Hypersonic Scream: The Archangel entity could emit an intense acoustic shrieking which could cause disorientation and internal bleeding.
Energy Halo: A possible extension of his original power-set Archangel is accommodated by a surrounding wreath of bright energy.
Expert Combatant: Angel is a skilled combatant, especially in aerial hand-to-hand combat.
Business Sense: He is a talented businessman whose wealth ranks him in the lower part of the Fortune 500 list.
Swordsmanship: He aced in his fencing class without ever picking up a sword, and using only his wings. However, he is perfectly capable of using a real sword as well.
He is at peak physical strength for his age.
He has a weakness for beautiful women.
Equipment: None known.
- X-Men Blackbird, wings
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Warren Worthington III (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Warren Worthington III (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Warren Worthington III (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References