- I am not what you intended. I'm not a monster... I don't think I'd know if I was one. I am... I am.
- -- Vision
- -- Vision
When Ultron came into possession of the Mind Stone, he began to build a new body for himself using Vibranium stolen from Wakanda. However, before the body could be completed, it was stolen by the Avengers, who implanted Iron Man's artificial intelligence, J.A.R.V.I.S., into the body.
After it was brought to life by Thor, the Mind Stone integrated J.A.R.V.I.S.'s mainframe and gave birth to a completely new being, that earned the name "Vision". Unsure of his purpose for existing, the Vision was taken in by the Avengers and taught what it meant to be a hero.
He then fought alongside them for several years while trying to prevent the Prophecy of Infinity from coming true. Despite Vision's possession of the Mind Stone preventing Jean Grey from becoming the Phoenix, he was still attacked by Thanos and the Black Order. The Avengers took him to Wakanda so that Shuri could remove the Mind Stone, but the process was interrupted by the arrival of the Black Order. After a lengthy battle, Thanos was able to come face to face with the Vision, and rip the Mind Stone straight from his head.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength
- Density Shifting
- Energy Blasts
- Genius Level Intellect
Equipment: None known.
- Capable of Flight
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- The Vision's very existence is a deviation from the original future foretold in the Prophecy of Infinity. Originally, Ultron was able to complete the body and transfer his own consciousness into it before being killed by Thanos so that he could acquire the Mind Stone.
- Appearances of Vision (Earth-101)
- Character Gallery: Vision (Earth-101)
- Quotations by Vision (Earth-101)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References