Presumed to be the same like Doctor Doom's early years from earth-616, where he eventually travaled to space with the Fantastic Four, granting him powers, at the cost of his face, scarring him. At some point he taught himself sorcery.
At some point, Doom's powers grew stronger and he managed to conquer the states near him. He then empowered his magic, and got his hands on Shi'ar technology, along with some Kree technology, making Lateveria the most technologically progressive nation in the world.
He used his technopathy and other new powers, along with his new technology to conquer the entire world.
Victor is a very cold man who wishes to see his foes suffer and die in battle. He's a very arrogant man.
Powers and Abilities
Magic: Doctor Doom's potential in the mystic arts comes from the Roma (i.e. Gypsies) heritage of his mother. He learned these abilities from his time with a secret order of monks in Tibet. He further developed his abilities by studying with Doctor Strange and traveling through time and learning lost Dark Arts from individuals such as Morgan le Fey. After Dr. Strange stepped down as the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth, Doom was amongst the candidates considered suitable to replace him. However, Doom considers his scientific abilities to be more important and has devices that do many of the same things.
- Mystical Blasts
- Mystical Force-fields
- Invoke Entities
- Spell Casting
- Dimensional Travel
- Mystical Ensnaring
- Mystical Portals
Mind Transference: By training with an alien race, Doom has gained the ability to switch his mind with that of another nearby human being with whom he has made eye contact, a process which he learned from the alien Ovoids. However, Doom prefers his own body and only uses this transference power as a last resort.
Super-Genius class Intelligence: Doctor Doom's most dangerous weapon is his intellect. He is one of the top mortal minds on the planet. Doom even cured Ben Grimm from his Thing form. Doom has constructed hundreds of devices, including a working time machine, devices which can imbue people with powers, and many types of robots. His most frequently used robots are his "Doombots," exact mechanical replicas of the himself. They look like him, talk like him, and even act like him. Individually, Doombots have an advanced AI (artificial intelligence) so that each one believes itself to be the real Doom. As a safety measure, each Doombot has a dampener program that is triggered whenever the real Doom (or another Doombot) is nearby. These "body doubles" appear when Doom cannot be present or is unwilling to risk his own life, and are often responsible for Doom's return from certain death. Another common type of robot used is the Servo-Guard, the police force of Latveria. Doom specializes in physics, robotics, cybernetics, genetics, weapons technology, biochemistry, and time travel. He also has natural talents for leadership, strategy, politics, and manipulation.
Highly Influential Connections: As Monarch of Latveria, Doctor Doom has access to technological and military hardware. Also has command of conventional military forces.
Diplomatic Immunity: As the leader of a sovereign nation, Doctor Doom often visits the United States or the United Nations for political reasons. He enjoys diplomatic immunity during these trips, and his embassy is considered foreign soil. He has even been escorted by Captain America himself.
Artist: Doom has shown himself to be a talented artist. He painted a duplicate of the Mona Lisa while using Layla Miller as his model.
Pianist: Doom has shown himself to be a talented pianist. He has played various compositions of his own creation.
Unknown. Presumably considerably less than Iron Man, when wearing his armor.
Ego: It has been shown in the past that Doom can be manipulated by pandering to his sense of superiority, especially over Reed Richards. Spider-Man was able to gain his assistance concerning unknown technology by saying Reed could not figure it out.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: Teleportation Devices.
Weapons: Shi'ar Technology: Doom is the owner of very advanced Shi'ar technology and is by far the only one who knows how to control the Incursions.
Doctor Doom's Mystical Armor: Doom used mystic armor obtained through a bargain with the Hazareth Three. The exact specifications of this armor are unknown.
Doctor Doom's Armor: Dr. Doom's original armor is a nuclear-powered, computer-assisted battle suit. It was magically forged at a monastery in Tibet, but since then has been repaired by normal (technological) means.
- Enhanced Strength: Gives Dr. Doom the ability to lift (press) several tons. He has held his own against Spider-Man in hand to hand combat.
- Durability: The armor is fashioned of a high-strength titanium alloy.
- Video Communicator: Built into the right wrist is a video communicator, which he can use to stay in contact with his bases from any point on Earth.
- Electric Shock: The outer surface of the armor can generate a massive electric shock on command.
- Flight: Dr. Doom's suits of armor are upgraded to give him the power of flight without the use for jet-packs.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Flight Pack: The typical suit of armor has twin jet-packs mounted at the waist, though other suits (or modifications of the original suit) contain a single jet-pack mounted on the back.
- Concussive Blasts: Concussive bolts of force can be fired from the gauntlets and faceplate of the armor, though the mask only generates force blasts when it is not being worn.
- Force-field: The suit's best defense is the force-field generated by the armor, which has a maximum radius of eight feet (and so can encompass others); Doom cannot attack without lowering his force-field.
- Infrared Vision: Infrared scanners in the helmet allow the wearer to detect heat sources, permitting night vision and the ability to see invisible persons (unless they do not give off or can somehow mask their heat signature).
- Recycling System: The armor is self-supporting, equipped with internal stores and recycling systems for air, food, water, and energy, allowing the wearer to survive lengthy periods of exposure underwater or in outer space.
- Sensor Systems: Optical scanners in the helmet allow the helmet's eyepieces to be used as high-powered telescopes, and parabolic ear amplifiers fitted inside the helmet allow Doom to detect extremely faint sounds and unusual frequencies within the audible range for humans.
- Solar Energy Absorption: A thermo-energizer allows the armor to absorb and store solar and heat energy, and use it to power the armor's other systems; this system can only be used while the force-field is deactivated.
- Splinters of the True Cross: Doom claims that his armor contains splinters of the True Cross, along with other such defenses (presumably to protect him from undead enemies, i.e Dracula Stating in , that he has always anticipated war between himself and Dracula). Considering Doom's capabilities to time travel, there is possibility of this being true.
As a genius-level inventor and monarch of a sovereign nation, Doom can attain many other pieces of equipment as needed.
- In Latveria, Doom has his own holiday - Doom's Day, which is an enormous celebration.
- One of Doctor Doom's traits that often makes him stand out is his tendency to refer to himself in the third person.
- Because of his status as ruler of Latveria, Doom typically has diplomatic immunity. This is perhaps his greatest asset, as any attempt to kill him would be a breach of international law - It has been used to prevent his death at the hands of the Fantastic Four, and resulted in Captain America acting as Doom's escort/bodyguard whilst he was making a diplomatic visit to America.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Victor Von Doom (Earth-102752)
- Character Gallery: Victor Von Doom (Earth-102752)
- Quotations by Victor Von Doom (Earth-102752)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References