Originally, AIM stole the Vision android from Hank Pym's lab at van Dyne Industries. Vision was the first of Pym's two creations for Project: New Vision. After AIM stole Vision, Hank, believed that Stark had the Vision stolen so that he could incorporate its tech into a new Iron Man armor. Due to this suspicion, Hank would sue Tony Stark. While waiting for the suit to settle, he would recreate the Vision in an improved model. This model would go on to become Ultron.
AIM further modified the Vision with some of their own experimental technology. They infused the Vision with their own experimental absorption cells. As a result, Vision became AIM's new greatest weapon, the Adaptoid.
Powers and Abilities
- Android Physiology: The Vision possesses a number of superhuman powers ultimately derived from his artificial substance and metabolism. The Visions android body is a functioning replica of a human body containing analogues to virtually all human organs, blood, and tissue, composed of an unrevealed synthetic organic-like substance. This substance mimics all the functions of human tissue, but is several times as strong, durable and resilient.
- Neuro-Kinetic Alloy: The Vision is surrounded by a neuro-kinetic armour that allows him to create his various abilities.
- Shape-Shifting: He can alter his appearance and shape with his thoughts.
- Time Travel: He is capable of opening wormholes to future timelines.
- Visual Sensitivity: Vision can adjust the sensitivity of his visual receptors so that he can see objects from great distances, see microscopic objects, and see in different frequencies of electromagnetic radiation (eg. infrared vision).
- Visual Scanners: Vision is capable of scanning life forms, energy sources and other objects detecting the substances that they are composed of.
- Audio Sensitivity: Vision can adjust the sensitivity of his audio receptors to a point where he can detect the faintest of sounds.
- Olfactory Sensitivity: Vision can adjust the sensitivity of his olfactory receptors to a point where he can detect the faintest of scents.
- Vocal Imitation: Vision is capable of replicating and mimicking the voices of other people enabling him to impersonate them and even create his own.
- Holographic Manipulation: He can project realistic holograms around himself to "appear" as a different person. It can be an existing person like Tony Stark, or a person of his own design.
- Energy Manipulation: Vision can fire blasts of various kinds of energy from his hands and disrupt electrical systems.
- Force Field: he can erect a force field around himself to protect him from incoming attacks.
- Durability: the neuro-kinetic alloy has remarkable strength which can withstand most physical and energy attacks.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Vision is capable of exerting himself at peak capacity for about two hours before fatigue poisons build up in his artificial blood and cause him to tire.
- Superhuman Reflexes: The Visions practical reaction time is more than twice as fast as that of an average human being.
- Solar Absorption: The solar jewel on The Visions brow absorbs ambient solar energy that his body is able to convert directly into usable forms by a process not unlike photosynthesis in plants, but with 99% efficiency. The solar ray absorption process occurs constantly (even at night to some degree) at a rate determined by the expenditure of energy for his bodily needs. Thus the jewel absorbs solar energy most expediently when the Vision utilizes it at some superhuman level of exertion. The Vision does not require liquid or solid foodstuffs for any purpose.
- Solar Energy Beams: He can channel limited amounts of solar energy back through the gem at will, creating a narrow hot beam of infrared and microwave radiation. The beam can be controlled within a temperature range of 500 to 30,000 degrees Fahrenheit. At maximum temperature, the Vision can melt through a 1-inch plate of steel in 5 seconds. The Vision cannot control the width of the beam. He can sustain a heat beam at maximum intensity for about 2 minutes before he begins to tax his supply of energy for his other bodily functions. The Vision commonly uses his eyes for this purpose as well.
- Density Control: The Visions body has been saturated with special cybernetically activated cells which are capable of interfacing with some unknown dimension with which he can shunt or accrue particles of mass. Thus the Vision is able to control his density and solidity. By shunting a non-critical portion of his body's molecules away from him, he can become a weightless, transparent, intangible wraith, unable to be touched by solid matter. By accruing extradimensional mass, he can also fortify his body with it.
- Superhuman Durability: He can become extraordinary massive and hard as diamond. At maximum mass, the Vision weighs about 90 tons.
- Superhuman Strength: Vision can lift normally 5 tons, at maximum density he can lift 75 tons.
- Intangible Flight: When at a minimum mass, the Vision can fly through the air weightlessly. It is not known how the Vision performs this task. He may be able to maneuver and gain speed by drawing power from the Earth's magnetic field to some degree. When he does however, he is capable of passing through solid matter and reaching high speeds; it took Wonder Man (Simon Williams) some time to catch him. He can carry passengers while remaining solid on the outside, but he is not likely to fly as fast as he normally does. It is either the weight of the passenger that prevents him from doing so or he simply views it as "unsafe" for the passenger. There does not appear to be any limit to the time he can remain in any given altered state of density.
- Physical Disruption: The Vision can use his density control offensively be attaining minimum density (intangibility). Passing a part of all of his body within another living being and ever so slightly increasing his density (tangibility). Even increasing his density to one half ounce (14.25 grams) is sufficient to cause the organism he passes through excruciating pain, a shock to the nervous system, and unconsciousness. Were he to become any more dense than one half ounce the shock would probably kill the other organism if the organic damage was not extensive enough to kill the other organism if the organic damage was not extensive enough to kill the other organism in itself. Accordingly, the Vision employs this power with extreme caution.
- Computer Brain: Vision's brain is much like a computer. He is able to store endless amounts of data within his AI, such as world history, and foreign languages. He can record more data and information he scans, playback his personal experiences in head, and store music which he can play, much like a boom box. He keeps many songs performed by Stature's favorite artists in his databanks.
- Computer Interface: The Vision's AI can communicate and interact with other computer systems.
- Computer Integration: Vision can also detect energy patterns and track them to their source. Also, he can communicate through an incalculable number of mediums.
- Superhuman Intelligence: He is capable of rapid analysis of huge amounts of data.
- Former Powers as Adaptoid: As the Adaptoid infused with AIM's absorption cells, the Vision had different abilities from those after he was further experimented on by Ultron, Hank Pym, and Tony Stark. His Adaptoid powers consisted of the following abilities:
- Mimicry: As the Adaptoid, it could copy the powers, appearance, and equipment of any superpowered being in close proximity to it. It became a duplicate of that being, visually indistinguishable from it. Given the opportunity, it could copy up to eight different beings at one time. He could combine their individual attributes in a seemingly random fashion.
- Power Amplification: the Adaptoid could amplify the strength of the powers he absorbed to an unknown degree.
- Expert Analyst
- Skilled Gamer
Vision can lift normally 5 tons, at maximum density he can lift 75 tons.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Victor Shade (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Victor Shade (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Victor Shade (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References