Victor was the result of an affair between groundskeeper, Thomas Creed and Elizabeth Howlett. After his birth, Elizabeth neglected Victor and pretended he never even existed, this would bother him growing up. Things would be even worse as Victor was abused by his alcohol father.
To complicate things more, at two years-old, his mother would go on to give birth to another child and the heir of Howlett Estate; James. Although, Victor would go on to befriend James as children and would develop a close bond. As they reached adolescence, the abuse inflicted upon Victor warped his mind and turned him into a cold and bitter man like his father which would result them being kicked from the estate.
Thomas; Victor's fathers, in a drunken stupor and armed with a shotgun, invaded the Howlett Estate with his son and attempted to take his former lover Elizabeth with him. John, attempted to stop him and Thomas shot him in the head, in cold blood. James entered his father's room to see the commotion, the rage and the stress of the situation caused the thirteen-year-old James' mutation to activate; bone claws extended from the backs of his hands and he attacked the intruders with uncharacteristic ferocity, killing Thomas. Suffering a mental breakdown Elizabeth called James a monster and told him and Victor to leave, she would later take Thomas' shotgun and shoot herself.
After watching his father murdered in cold blood, Victor became enraged and his mutant ability began to manifest; two bone claws from the back of his hands emerged and a single claw would emerge from his wrists. Seeing red, Victor attacked James. The two engaged in a fight but James would eventually temporarily blind Victor and escape into the woods, Victor's eyesight would heal and he would then swear to find and kill James one day.
Encounter with Nick Fury
As an adult, in the 1980s. Victor would earn money doing jobs for high paying organizations. One of these missions would include him meeting Nick Fury, a soldier in the military.
While on a job, Nick Fury and his black ops team would attempt to stop him from completing his mission, Victor, now going by the codename Sabretooth would massacre Fury's team and claw out his eye.
Taking residence in the Savage Lands
In the 1990s, Sabretooth began hearing rumors of a Mutant haven called the Savage Lands. Sabretooth used his advanced tracking skills to discover if the rumors were true.
Brotherhood of Mutants
Erik began growing egotistical and his hatred for the humans increased, Erik believed that mutants were indeed the next step in human evolution and humans were neanderthals that needed to be enslaved. Erik would approach Victor and other mutants who hated humans as much as he did and ask if they wanted to join him in his attacks on humanity, Victor agreed without hesitation.
After Charles and Erik fell out, resulting in Charles leaving the Savage Lands, Erik now going by the name of Magneto would name his followers and himself the Brotherhood of Mutants. For the next few years Magneto led the Brotherhood in an anti-human campaign of political assassinations and terrorist bombings.
In 2014, Magneto's daughter Wanda would join the Brotherhood. Later on Charles would resurface and had formed a team of Mutants named the X-Men and would begin interfering with their terrorist acts.
Encountering the X-Men
In the Savage Lands, Sabretooth would discover his half-brother, Wolverine was experimented on in the Weapon X project by Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D. and demanded he and the Brotherhood go to the abandoned facility, to see if there's anything he could use to kill Wolverine or even lace his skeleton with vibranium as well. Magneto agreed to this as it could also prove useful to the Brotherhood as well.
So the Brotherhood venture to the Weapon X facility. Sabretooth would find some remnants of liquefied vibranium, without even speaking Magneto knew what Sabretooth wanted. After a few days of trial and error, Magneto successfully managed to infuse Sabretooth's bones with vibranium with his magnetokinesis. Seeing nothing of use with the remnants of the Weapon X facility, the Brotherhood begin to leave until suddenly Sabretooth catches a whiff of Wolverine's scent and goes into a frenzy, following it, discovering Wolverine and attacking him. He engages in a brief fight with him until Magneto orders him to stop.
The Brotherhood then come face-to-face with the X-Men. Magneto then greet the X-Men mockingly and accurately guesses that the X-Men are here to help Wolverine regain his memories, Wolverine asks who Sabretooth is and why he has claws like Wolverine's. Sabretooth laughs maniacally and reveals himself to be Wolverine's brother.
Magneto then notices Quicksilver and asks Quicksilver if it's really him, confused Quicksilver asks what he is talking about. Magneto then asks what his name is to which Quicksilver tells him his name, tears begin streaming down his face, Scarlet Witch becomes confused and asks her father what is wrong to which Magneto reveals, Pietro is his son. Pietro and Wanda are shocked but they also begin crying, Magneto is relieved that he has finally found his son and asks him to join him, Pietro then becomes conflicted and wonders if this is what he should do. The X-Men and Brotherhood plead with Quicksilver to join/stay with their cause, Quicksilver then comes to the decision that he won't abandon his friends and that his father and sister have hurt innocent people and won't be a part of it. Enraged and heartbroken, Magneto orders his Brotherhood to attack the X-Men.
The X-Men begin to battle the Brotherhood. Wolverine and Sabretooth begin battling each other in more of a personal vendetta, their personal fight takes them away from the overall battle. Sabretooth begins gaining the upper hand on Wolverine and comments on how he was always weak and he'll pay for killing his father. Wolverine begins fighting back as hard as he can, never fighting anyone like Sabretooth before, his sudden rush of past memories begin returning to him and remembers a bit more of his past. Wolverine then remembers his father was killed by Sabretooth's father and enters a berserker rage, destroying Sabretooth and temporarily blinding Sabretooth like he did when they were children many years ago. Knowing he can't kill Sabretooth and that he is mortally wounded and will take a while to heal, Wolverine returns to help the X-Men combat the Brotherhood.
The battle would eventually come to a stalemate after Quicksilver injures Scarlet Witch and Magneto, being a concerned father retreats. The X-Men return to the X-Mansion revealing the news to Xavier. The Brotherhood would recover the broken Sabretooth and would return to the Savage Lands. Taking about a full day to heal from his wounds Wolverine gave him including the recovery of his eyesight and broken jaw. Sabretooth would then discover that his healing factor has slowed and is adapting to his vibranium skeleton.
The Brotherhood would be forever changed following this encounter.
Powers and Abilities
- Mutant Physiology: Sabretooth is a mutant who has been given an unbreakable skeleton.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Sabretooth's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process that enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed areas of his anatomy with far greater efficiency than an ordinary human. Sabretooth can fully heal from injuries that result in massive tissue damage or loss such as multiple gunshot wounds, slashes, puncture wounds, blunt force trauma, and severe burns within a matter of moments. Sabretooth's healing factor is nearly as powerful as Wolverine's, even possibly on par with it.
- Foreign Chemical Immunity: Sabretooth's natural healing also affords him the virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs. It is virtually impossible for him to become intoxicated.
- Immunity To Diseases: Sabretooth's healing powers also extend to his highly efficient immune system. As a result, he is immune to the effects of all known Earthly diseases and infections.
- Extended Longevity: In addition, Sabretooth's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. He has claimed to be even older than Wolverine. Despite being of an, unknown, advanced age, Sabretooth retains the appearance and vitality of a man in his physical prime.
- Weather Insulated Adaptation: Sabretooth is able to withstand incredibly cold temperatures without sustaining bodily damage for great periods of time, even to the point of sleeping in sub-zero temperatures.
- Superhuman Stamina: Sabretooth's advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human, due in large part to the effects of his mutant healing factor. Sabretooth can physically exert himself at peak capacity for at least 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins began to impair him. His lung capacity is at peak human level enabling him to hold breath for 6 minutes under water, making his lungs as healthy as human's lungs can get. And when his lungs stop working，he can maintain his life by cutaneous respiration (It can only maintain his basic life activities).
- Superhuman Strength: Because of his healing factor, Sabretooth is able to push his muscles to a much greater extent than ordinary human without sustaining injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. While the full limits of his strength are unknown, Sabretooth is stronger than Wolverine, as he is able to lift between 2-10 tons.
- Superhuman Durability: Sabretooth possess superhuman durability. This is mostly because of his healing abilities and Unbreakable skeleton, which redistributes the force of blows dealt against. He has taken blows from Wolverine on multiple occasions although showing moderate discomfort.
- Superhuman Speed: Sabretooth is able to move at low level superhuman speeds. He has the ability to attack faster than the eye can follow and can even keep up with Wolverine easily. His combat speed seems more enhanced then anything else, as he has frequently kept up with other enemies in combat, and blitzed people before they pull their trigger fingers. His speed is slightly increased further when he runs on all fours, similar to a jungle cat.
- Superhuman Agility: Sabretooth's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits, even those of the finest human athlete. His agility is sufficient to allow him to dodge multiple bullets. Other times, able to jump extremely high and evade several yards.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Sabretooth's reflexes are similarly enhanced and were superior to those of the finest human athlete and are equal to the likes of Wolverine due to his superhumanly acute senses, although most of the time he relies highly on his regenerative healing factor.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Sabretooth's feral mutation provides him superhumanly acute senses. Sabretooth can see with greater clarity and greater distances than an ordinary human. His vision extends into the ultraviolet and infrared areas of the electromagnetic spectrum, allowing him to see in near-total darkness and retain the same level of clarity. Sabretooth's hearing is similarly enhanced, able to detect sounds that ordinary human's can't and at greater distances. For example, he can detect the sound of light, normal breathing within a distance of 200 feet. Sabretooth also possesses an extremely well developed sense of smell. Sabretooth can recognize or track targets by scent, much the same way as a dog or wolf does. His nose can detect minute chemical differences in the scents of different deodorant brands, even if they were purported to be exactly the same scent.
- Retractable Bone Claws: Sabretooth possesses three retractable claws housed beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms; two on the top of his hands and one underneath. Sabretooth's bone claws have been shown to be black in color with a very rough texture in contrast to the light color and smooth texture of his half-brother's claws in their natural state. Sabretooth has two claws which emerge from between the skin of his first and third knuckles. These claws are much harder and denser than normal human bone and their natural shape provides them with a razor sharp edge capable of easily slicing through flesh and bone.
- Master Tracker: He is also an expert hunter and tracker, even without the use of his heightened senses.
- Cunning Intellect: Although his brutish nature coupled with extreme arrogance gives him the appearance of stupidity, Creed is actually quite intelligent. He routinely hacked into government databases to steal classified information and has escaped the highest levels of incarceration. More than once he has proven himself capable in the brain over brawn aspect
- Expert Marksman: being a skilled shooter with just about any kind of firearm he can get his hands on.
- Avid Manipulator: Another note to his intelligence is that creed excels at scheming planning and coaxing other into doing his dirty work for him. Often even tricking people to accomplish goals for achieving his own ends.
Able to lift in 2 - 10 ton range , however the extent of his continuously enhanced strength was never revealed.
- Carbonadium Digestion: Sabretooth's healing factor can be dramatically slowed if Carbonadium is implanted inside of him, such as swallowing something made of Carbonadium or being wounded by a bullet composed of it. It causes his healing factor to be reduced to a slow crawl, at least in comparison to its normal speed, but doesn't fully suppress it.
- Vulnerable Senses: Sabretooth's only other "weakness" is the fact that his heightened senses can be taken advantage of.
- Vibranium Laced Skeleton: Not part of Sabretooth's natural mutant attributes, Sabretooth's entire skeleton, including his bone claws, were laced with the rare, artificial, and virtually indestructible alloy known as vibranium - or true vibranium. As a result, Sabretooth's bones are virtually unbreakable. The presence of the vibranium has further enhanced the already razor-sharp edge of Sabretooth's bone claws. Aside from being practically indestructible, the claws are capable of cutting any solid material.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Victor was born in 1917.
- Victor, like his Earth-1315 counterpart is the half-brother of James Howlett.
- Appearances of Victor Creed (Earth-1111)
- Character Gallery: Victor Creed (Earth-1111)
- Quotations by Victor Creed (Earth-1111)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References