Thor was a spoiled prince who had never left the confines of the walls of Asgard. He grew up side by side with his younger brother Loki (whom he did not know was adopted). Thor and Loki were brought up by stories told to them by their father, Odin, about the past, especially the last Great War between the Asgardians and the Jotuns. The young Thor seemed especially eager to show his father that he wanted to be a great warrior in the image of Odin when concerning the Frost Giants.
When he got older, Thor led an active, adventurous life in Asgard, doing battle with Frost Giants and other enemies of the twelve realms. Odin watched Thor become more and more arrogant. Over the years, Odin grew increasingly dissatisfied with Thor's headstrong behavior and excessive pride. On one occasion Thor violated a truce between the Asgardians and the Frost Giants after they had infiltrated Asgard to steal the staff of ancient winters, thereby killing their king Ymir and started another war. Finally, while Thor was engaged in a brawl with his fellow Asgardians, Odin summoned him to his presence.
Odin decided that he needed to be taught the meaning of humility, and to accomplish this lesson, Odin had Thor surrender his hammer to him and vanquished Thor onto Earth, releasing him of his royal armor. The latter being placed on the Mjoln'r with a enchantment that could only allow those who it deemed worthy to lift it and give them the power of Thor and he hurled his hammer through the void as well. While on earth, he was found by Doctors Erik Masterson and Jane Foster. When he came to, Thor found himself not remembering what just happened to him.
Life on Planet Earth
Ten years later in Oklahoma City, Thor now goes by the name of Donald Blake. He came to care for the sick and dying, first as a medical student, and later as a successful physician. One night, Blake is enjoying a night out at a bar with his girlfriend Doctor Jane Foster, his best friend Erik Masterson, and EMT driver Darcy Lewis. Their night however is cut short when Blake became so drunk that he ended up fighting a dozen of men and with his enhanced strength and durability that was still maintained in him, he was able to defeat all most all of them. Then a strange man entered the bar and began an impossible tale. The man claimed to be Loki, and he has searched for Blake for 10 years. Loki then raised his hand and a spear materialized in it. He then pointed the spear at Dr. Blake, but before he could strike at the doctor; a group of three strangely dressed men intervened and turned the tables on him. Loki then retreated in a cloud of smoke.The three men introduced themselves to Donald Blake as the Warriors Three; Fadrall, Volstagg, and Hogun. The three claimed that Blake was more than a mere mortal, but their master the Norse God Thor and needed his help on reclaiming Asgard from his evil half brother Loki. While in the state of confusion, Blake then passes out from the alcohol.
Back at Donald Blake's penthouse, the Warrior's Three are attempting to convince Blake he is indeed the god of thunder and they suggested him to come with them to Norway to retrieve his hammer. Like any sane person Blake refuses to believe them until Odin planted within Blake's mind to go there.
They arrived at the site to find it covered by a makeshift research facility only to be confronted by Amora, Skurge and a party of Frost Giants, who immediately attacked the Warriors Three. Despite their combined strength, the Warriors Three were no match for Loki's disciples and the Frost Giants and with his protectors disabled, Donald made a run for the hammer. As he picked it up however, Donald was transformed into his true godly form of The Mighty Thor; The Warriors and Thor battered the Frost Giants to oblivion and with his new powers, while Loki's followers quickly vanished back to Asgard. Before he leaves Jane reveals herself to be a SHIELD agent sent undercover to assess him and gives him a communication device in case he is needed again.
Return To Asgard
Heimdall eventually answered and affected the Asgardians' return. Returning to Asgard, Thor was shocked to discover the city in ruins. Thor flew to Odin's chamber to see Odin still alive. Thor then discovered his treacherous half-brother, Loki and Laufey; the new king of Frost Giants, mobilizing the Frost giants for takeover on Midgard. After being spotted by Loki, who was shocked to see him shared a brief verbal exchange, Loki revealed that he was the one that set everything in motion in that led to Thor's downfall so that he could finally become king and plans to rule all of the nine realms and threatens to kill Thor and Odin to make sure of it. Loki and Thor then got into a heated battle.
After Loki sent Thor flying through the wall of the chamber, Loki headed to the Bifrost where he began plans the process of destroying Midgard and rebuilding it in his image, not until Thor flew after him and confronted him again but was opposed by Laufey, who wanted revenge after Thor killed his father Ymir. The two were able to sustain brutal attacks from each other until Thor was knocked unconscious Odin then awoken freshly from his odinsleep and helped Thor defeat Laufey, they were then joined by Warriors Three, Hercules and the rest of the Asgardian soldiers moments later during the fight. Regaining consciousness just as Skurge was moving in for the kill, Thor's Mjolnir strucked him out as it was calling back to Thor. As Loki led his army of Frost Giants (alongside his followers) in an assault on Oslo Norway, Thor and the heroes followed them and fought bravely. And as this where going on, Jane, Erik and Darcy Lewis began evacuating everyone from the town until the heroes finally managed to beat the villains and save Earth and it's inhabitants. Later, Odin decides to imprison Loki in the limbo dimension, where he can do no harm and as with Skurge and Laufey; they're imprisoned back in Asgard to receive their eternal punishment while Amora is still on the loose in Midgard, walking amongst the humans.
Hercules, the warriors three and the Asgardians celebrated their victory, Thor went to go see his father to promise that he will always be there to protect Asgard if threatened, but Odin tells him that he's still exiled from Asgard and would have to prove himself once more by protecting Earth from threats that mankind couldn't handle on their own, if he wishes to return home. Thor understands and returned to Midgard and Jane shortly thereafter for a lasting stay. At first Thor still had no memory of his past life as an Asgardian god, although as days passed, more of his memories returned.
Joining the Avengers
Over the course of the next year, Thor participated in a multi-realm war without the permission of Odin. Every since Thor's disappearance and Loki's Ragnarok, many of the worlds they protected had descended into chaos. Now with the return of Asgard, The asgardians were once again able to restore order in the nine realms. Earth also played a small part when Thor was briefed on the Skrulls and sent to investigate a suspected Skrull base in Micronesia. Finding the base abandoned and about to explode, they were saved by Iron Man's force field. Once Skrull fleets appeared worldwide, Thor brought the survivors to New York, and alongside Captain America, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Thor helped Iron Man provide air support against the Skrull spacecraft until the Air Force arrived. Following the battle, Thor became good friends with Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, pledging his support whenever lives were in danger.
Thor vs The God of the Dead
To be Continued
The God Butcher
To be Added
- Asgardian/Elder God Hybrid Physiology: Biologically being Godlike, Thor possesses a number of superhuman attributes common among the Asgardian and other gods. However, due to his unique birth, some are considerably more developed than those of the vast majority of his race. Thor's skin, muscle, and bone tissues have several times the density of the same tissues in the body of a human being, contributing to his superhuman weight. He is invulnerable to powerful energy blasts, weighted impacts, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. Even without his godly power Thor is still physically the strongest and most durable of all the Asgardians.
- Superhuman Strength : Thor has prodigious strength, even surpassing most other Asgardians, the full limits of which are not known. Typically in battle he will send opponents flying with a single blow, and has proven capable of outperforming a number of much larger opponents in tests of strength. Thor is also capable of entering into a state of Berserker Rage, which will temporarily increase his strength and stamina tenfold but will only do so in desperate situations because it threatens his sanity. He always restrains and holds back his infinite strength against mortals to avoid inflicting major damage unless if it's necessary.
- Superhuman Stamina:Thor's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than the musculature of a human, and his fitness is also greater than most other Asgardians. His muscles produce minimal fatigue toxins during physical activity, enabling him to exert himself at peak capacity for extended periods without tiring.
- Godlike Invulnerability: Thor's skin, muscle, and bone are extremely dense and durable compared to that of humans, contributing to a proportionately greater mass and extreme physical durability. Thor can withstand impact trauma up to blows from the Hulk with little more than a bloodied nose if they ever got into a fight. Thor was hit by a direct energy strike from a Skrull aircraft and survived,high caliber bullets, exposure to extremes of both temperature and pressure, He was struck several times by Korvac, with only a few cuts to his face. He has also fallen from great heights without sustaining lasting damage. When stabbed in the stomach, he was able to remove the blade and fight on with minimal impairment while the wound healed. Thor can exist in the vacuum of space without any aid.
- Healing Factor:Thor's injuries heal at a staggering rate. He has recovered from moderate penetration wounds to the abdomen in a matter of minutes, and has been able to stand recover quickly from heavy impact trauma, and a high impact fall.
- Super Speeds: Thor is incredibly fast on his own two feet and can easily run faster than most veichles. Even without the Mjolnir, Thor can move at extreme speeds and easily outrun many speedsters (if not all). He can throw and swing Mjolnir at several times the speed of light. In addition, Thor can appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds. Thor could also visually detect objects that move at fantastic speeds.
- Weather Control: Thor has demonstrated the ability to control the different aspects of weather while battling his opponents. He can create lightning so powerful he instantly took down over 6 Skrull alien space ships, and a single one was stated to be over 5 blocks wide. He can create lightning powerful enough to even knock down the Hulk.
- Telportation:Thor can use Mjolnir to instantly teleport himself across space.
- Super-Human senses:Thor's superhuman sense's allow him to effortlessly see objects as far out as the edge of the Solar System, allow him to track objects traveling faster than light, and hears cries from the other side of the planet.
- Super-Human Lifespan:Thor has a longer life span then any other normal human being.
- Flight:Thor is able to use Mjolnir with great force, that it could fly through the air at immense speeds.
- Electrokinesis/Lighting: Thor is able to generate electricity from his body without relying on Mjölnir.
- Life-Force: also known as the God-Force. The godly energies that fuel all of Thor's godlike powers. Thor's immortal life-force is more powerful than the mystical properties of Mjolnir. Unlike many other deities, Thor's unique Life-force allows him to have full access to all of his powers regardless of what realm he enters. The only beings so far that has been shown to affect Thor's God-force is Odin. Thor's God-force is also the key to him generate electricity from his body without relying on Mjölnir.
- Indomitable Will: Thor has shown to have a powerful force of will, so much so that he has defied the will of his father Odin just to go defend the People of midgard. He does not back down from any foe, does not give into a fight and is willing to lay down his own life in defense of others.
- Master Combatant: Thor is a superbly skilled warrior with a high aptitudand mastery of close quarters combat. He is known to be cunning and intuitive in battle, and has a wealth of experience from numerous conflicts throughout the Twelve Realms. , and ensure that his co-ordination and reflexes are maintained at peak levels. He moves with a surprising grace and speed for someone of his size. He is a master marksman, and is proficient in all areas of combat including hand-to-hand and is skilled in the use of weapons specializing in swordsmanship and hammer throwing. Being a War God as well as a Thunder God allows Thor to learn and master nearly all the martial arts of Midgard as well. This gives Thor a huge advantage in combat by tapping into a vast multi-cultural perspective of combat arts, skills, strategies and tactics. Thor is known to be very cunning and intuitive in battles and wars.
- Master Tactician: Thor has lead Asgard into battle against overwhelming forces with great leadership and employing strategies and tactics.
- Master Leadership: Thor served as the as the first choice to defend Asgard from it's enemies. He has earned the trust of his fellow Asgardians to follow him into battle.
- Honed Agility: Centuries spent perfecting the art of close quarters combat have kept Thor at peak levels of fitness, and ensure that his co-ordination and reflexes are maintained at peak levels. He moves with a surprising grace and speed for someone of his size.
- Multilingual: Thor can communicate in all of the languages of the Nine Realms, Earth's dialects, and various alien languages.
- Gifted Intellect: Thor possessed and retains the medical knowledge of Donald Blake, even as Thor. Thor's time among Tony Stark and the Avengers also gave him great knowledge of complex Earthly systems of electronics. He's also an avid reader of books written by other deities when he needs to learn new information.
Class 100+; Thor is one of the physically mightiest beings in the universe. He can lift tremendous weights. While the exact amount of weight he can lift isn't known he can easily lift far in excess of a 100 tons. However, as high as his strength may be, it is nowhere near to the superior level of strength his mainstream counterpart has demonstrated
- Warriors' Madness: also known as the Sin Unpardonable. Warrior's Madness is the most forbidden malady in Asgard by law of Odin. Any who fall under it must pay the penalty, only the most bitter sacrifice can atone for it. Despite this allowing Thor to increase his strength and stamina tenfold, this threatens Thor's sanity. Symptoms include massive headaches, mentally erratic, savage, animalistic, uncontrollable behavior, and unreasoning.
- Teeth of the Jörmungandr: Thor can be impaled by the fangs of the Midgard Serpent.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: Thor is capable of hurling Mjolnir with great force and, by holding onto the leather thong, is capable of flying through the air at tremendous speeds.
- Mjolnir: Thor has been entrusted with Mjolnir, a mystical hammer forged from the heart of a dying star. Odin himself stated that Mjolnir's power has no equal. Mjolnir, which resembles an axe hammer rather then just a war hammer, it has a number of elemental powers. Constructed of uru and combined with the various enchantments placed upon it by Odin, it is for all intents and purposes, indestructible. It has deflected several energy blasts from invading Skrull aliens and reflect a blast back to their armed spaceship.Thor often uses the hammer as a physical weapon, with almost nothing being capable of withstanding a hammer blow or throw. Thor's main weapon using Mjolnir is his lightning bolt. He summoned a lightning bolt strong enough to destroy a large piece of landscape in Jotunheim.
With Mjolnir, Thor can project powerful mystical blasts of energy. He can even channel energies for stronger energy attacks. with it, it obeys Thor's commands as it were alive. It will return to Thor whenever he throws it at his opponent. There is also an enchantment on the surrounding Mjolnir, Preventing it from being wielded by anyone who is not worthy of the Mjolnir. By summoning lightning from the sky into Mjolnir, Thor's clothing was transformed into his battle armor.
- No special notes.
- Unlike most of his other counterparts of the multiverse, this version of Thor does not speak in a Shakespearean manner; due to him developing human characteristics overtime after years of being stuck on earth. But he is still vengeful and eager for battle.
- This counterpart of Thor is a mix between his Earth-616 and Ultimate counterpart.
- Many people on earth-981 believe that Thor is just some lunatic with a magical hammer and not an actual god.
- Appearances of Thor Odinson (Earth-981)
- Character Gallery: Thor Odinson (Earth-981)
- Quotations by Thor Odinson (Earth-981)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References