Thor Odinson is the first born son of All-Father Odin of Asgard. Growing up, Thor was pompous and arrogant, and his bloodlust eventually led to Odin casting him out of Asgard. Wandering the cosmos, lost and alone, Thor competed in the Contest of Champions for a time, where he honed his powers, eventually finding his way to Earth in the 1800's. Becoming fascinated by humanity, he adopted the alias of Donald Blake and began to live among them. Their frailty eventually led to Thor doing what he could to protect them without drawing attention to himself. Odin watched as his son learned humility and eventually sent the hammer Mjolnir careening for Midgard for him to find. In the early 90's, Thor worked with the scientist Jane Foster to investigate the crash landing in Mexico City, which Thor instantly recognized as Mjolnir. Discovering he was Worthy to lift it, Thor was gifted with all his power. Odin offered him the chance to return to Asgard, but he opted to remain on Earth as a champion of its people.
When S.H.I.E.L.D. formed the Avengers Initiative, Thor was only recruited so that S.H.I.E.L.D. could keep an eye on him and determine if he truly is who he says he is. He initially declined, but after discovering the threat they were attempting to combat was his half-brother, Loki, Thor agreed to join. He would also later accompany his teammates in leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. and setting up shop in Stark Tower.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength
- Hand to Hand Combat
- Capable of Moving Planets
- Being without Mjolnir for extended periods of time will slowly render Thor human
Equipment: None known.
- No special notes.
- Thor and Captain America will often have arm-wrestling competitions. Each of them have come out on top numerous times.
- Due to not returning to Asgard in centuries, Thor has never met his baby sister, Reyna.
- Appearances of Thor Odinson (Earth-1420)
- Character Gallery: Thor Odinson (Earth-1420)
- Quotations by Thor Odinson (Earth-1420)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References