Powers and Abilities
- Molecular Manipulation: Thomas has been gifted with the ability to manipulate molecules to achieve a wide variety of effects. However, Tommy did not realize the scope of his abilities when he began using his powers: limiting himself to molecular acceleration and combustion.
- Molecular Speed Control: can control the speed of which molecules travel.
- Molecular Acceleration: speeding up molecules to the extent that they either catch fire or melt or speeding one's own molecules up.
- Superhuman Speed: Speed can run, move and react at speeds far greater than the average human. His top running speed is unrecorded, but it is demonstrated that he can at least achieve supersonic speeds.
- Accelerated Healing
- Molecular Combustion: speeding up molecules so much that they tear causing an explosion.
- Molecular Deceleration: slowing down molecules to make something move in slow-motion.
- Molecular Immobilization: stopping the molecules of something in motion so that it completely stops moving.
- Molecular Inhibition: lowering the temperature of molecules so that something freezes.
- Molecular Dissociation: the ability to separate objects into their individual molecules or atoms
- Molecular Destabilization: suppresses the atomic charge, that causes protons and electronics to disintegrate into oblivion.
- Molecular Dispersion: splitting the molecules and sending them through space, destroying the desired target.
- Molecular Distortion: ability to move through solid matter by disabling binding forces, causing the matter to crumble, or break down as you pass through it.
- Molecular Separation: can separate molecules that are mixed together. (Eg. separating air and water molecules underwater to create air bubbles.)
- Molecular Oscillation: The user is able to vibrate their molecules at a high frequency, which allows them to pass through the molecules of other matter and make themselves intangible to evade physical attacks or escape conventional imprisonment.
- Molecular Adjustment: able to resist the effects of molecular powers such as immobilization and deceleration. He can also render himself immune to being altered molecularly and prevent his form from being shifted except by his own volition.
- Molecular Adhesion: the ability to cling to solid surfaces and move your body at will even without overt locomotive features.
- Molecular Combination: can mix the molecules of any objects.
- Molecular Reapplication: can put dispersed molecules back together.
- Molecular Teleportation: can disperse molecules of an object or one's self and move them somewhere else.
- Speed Physiology: Thomas' body is adapted towards the rigors of high-speed movement. His cardiovascular and respiratory systems are many times more efficient than those of a normal human being. He metabolizes an estimated 95% of the caloric energy content of foodstuffs (normal humans use about 25%). The chemical processes of Speed's musculature are so highly enhanced that his body does not generate fatigue poisons, the normal by-products of locomotion, which force the body to rest. Rather, his body constantly expels waste products during his accelerated respiration through exhalation. His joints are smoother and lubricated more efficiently than those of a normal human being. His tendons have the tensile strength of spring steel. His bones contain unknown materials significantly more durable than calcium to withstand the dynamic shocks of his feet touching the ground at speeds a human could never achieve or withstand. Speed's practical reaction time is several times faster than a normal human's and the speed at which his brain processes information is heightened to a level commensurate with his bodily speed, enabling him to perceive his surroundings while traveling at high velocities. Speed's lachrymose is more viscous than normal, thus preventing rapid evaporation and replenishment of surface fluids on his eyeballs under the influence of high wind velocity to occlude his vision. Speed is also immune to the effects of friction, reduced oxygen up to a point where a human can no longer breathe, and impact upon his body while moving at super-speeds.
- Superhuman Strength: Thomas possesses superhuman strength in his lower body as part of his body's adaptations for running. With his upper body he can lift (press) approximately 1000 pounds while his legs can press approximately 1 ton under optimal conditions.
- Enhanced Durability: He is capable of resisting tremendous impact forces that could easily crush and kill a human without suffering any serious external or internal injuries.
- Eye Protection: His enhanced durability extends to the outer layers of his eyes, allowing his eyes to remain unharmed by air resistance.
- Heightened Reflexes: He possesses reflexes far above the average human.
- Superhuman Agility: He possesses agility far above the average human.
- G-Force Compensation: He has the ability to use his super speed to automatically compensate for any G-Force difference.
- Accelerated Metabolism/Regeneration: He possesses a boosted metabolism that can be used to heal wounds almost instantly.
- Superhuman Endurance: Speed possesses vast superhuman endurance that is nearly inexhaustible. He was able to run non stop for over 10 days straight without tiring. This ability also allows Thomas to compensate for the lower amounts of oxygen he is able to take in while running or flying at great speeds.
- Retarded Aging: His physiology automatically compensates his body so that it doesn't age any faster due to his increased speed. Therefore he ages at the same rate as a normal human.
- Increased Perceptions: He possesses the ability to alter his perceptions so that falling objects can appear to be standing still and can be caught and moved back to their normal position. He can disarm or jam any number of opponents weapons before they are even aware of his movement and can hurl small projectiles at hypersonic velocities. His ability to alter his own perception of time is so great, that if he wishes, the tick between a second can pass for millions of years. He can even push this ability to the point, that to him, it's as if the Universe is standing still. It does not truly stand still, it is his own perception of time that seems to stand still, and his body automatically adjusts to his perception, hence, the slower he views the world, the faster his body moves through time/space to adjust to his perception.
- He can press between 800 pounds to 1 ton with his lower body and lift about 800 to 1000 pounds in his upper body.
- Despite possessing some level of superhuman durability, things such as bullets and energy blasts can injure him the same way they injure a regular person.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Thomas Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Thomas Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Thomas Lehnsherr (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.