In the beginning, God created the universe. When the earth was as yet unformed and desolate, with the surface of the ocean depths shrouded in darkness, and while the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters, God said, “Let there be light!” So there was light.
God saw that the light was beautiful. He separated the light from the darkness, calling the light “day,” and the darkness “night.” The twilight and the dawn were day one.
In the darkness, they waited for their return. For they would rule over all.
The Stranger in Black serves as the spokesman on behalf of The Association(Earth-928.2) , an ancient and incredibly powerful group whom he refers to as his "associates." Although outwardly polite and gracious, he represents a dangerous hidden agenda. When pushed, he drops any pretense of friendliness, openly threatening anyone who presents any difficulty to his associates.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: He is very strong, able to shatter reinforced glass by pushing on it. He could smash through barricaded doors with ease. Tear a tank open with just two hands.
- Enhanced Agility:
- Regeneration: He can grow back missing limbs. unknown if he can grow back his head.
- Hyper-Accelerated Speed:
- Superhuman Reflexes:
- Superhuman Endurance:
- Near-Invulnerability: His body is harder than a human body. Harder skeleton, internal organs, tissue, and skin.
- AMNESIA ABILITY: He is uniquely "memory-proof"; anyone who saw him would instantly forget about him the moment they looked away - even if they saw a photograph of him. Anyone looking at him would recover their memories of previous sightings.
- Imperceptibility: He is impervious to at least some types of scanning devices, bio scanners of 2099 do not detect him. Not even Iron Man 2099(Earth-928.2) scanners can detect him.
- HYPNOTIC ABILITY: He can influenced the actions of others by issuing commands to anyone looking at him. These orders would remain in a person's mind after they had forgotten the encounter with him, acting like post-hypnotic suggestions. Any instruction spoken while a subject looked at him, even a picture of one, would cause this effect. "Repeated memory wipes fry your head eventually".
- Electric absorption: He could also absorb electricity, even the smallest amount of static electricity from the air into his bodies, increase the voltage a hundred-fold and fire it from his hands. These energy discharges could obliterate victims.
- Wall walking and climbing: He could hang upside down from ceilings and lie in waiting, much like a bat.
- Night Vision: He can see in the dark without the need for light.
- Accelerated Vision: He can see fast moving speedsters even countering attacks.
- Super Hearing: He can hear above human hearing.
- Scent of Smell: He can smell the difference between a baseline human and a mutant. He can also smell Demons, aliens and others.(Examples: Vampires, Elves and Fae)
- Umbrageous Teleportation: This does not appear to have a limited no even time or universe.
- multilingual: He has spoken to a few beings in their native tongue without an accent. As he did with Sub-Mariner 2099 (Earth-928.2) in old Atlantain.
- Genius level intelligence: He understands all tech in the universe so far in his in counters.
- Master Combatant: He uses some form of unseen before alien martial arts.
- eyes are extremely sensitive to light.
- Psi-Shielding can block his HYPNOTIC ABILITY.
Equipment: His cloth is armored, providing better protection than a normal clothes or heavy armor. Shades and gloves.
Weapons: None known.
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil), The Silent (Doctor Who), Slender Man and Shadow (Babylon 5) were the inspiration for this character.
He very rarely engage in hand-to-hand combat to accomplish The Association(Earth-928.2) goals, relying instead on invisibility, behind-the-scenes maneuvering and their technology.
- Appearances of The Stranger in Black (Earth-928.2)
- Character Gallery: The Stranger in Black (Earth-928.2)
- Quotations by The Stranger in Black (Earth-928.2)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References