Thaddeus Ross was involved in an Army research and development program intended to recreate the "Super Soldier" biochemical enhancement first developed in World War II. The scientist Dr. Bruce Banner, lover of general's daughter Betty, was involved in a scientific treatment that could make a soldier immune to radiation, but Ross, with the ambition to evaluate the effects of the Super Soldier Serum in humans, not told him about the project. Banner involved in early phase research conducted a test on himself dealing with gamma radiation — instead of Vita-rays — and after an accidental explosion, became a "Hulk", that injured General's arm and leaves his daughter in a coma. Ross took charge of the Army's effort to recover the fugitive in coordination with the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division.
Five years later, Ross discovers Banner's location, after his contaminated blood was found in a soft drink bottled in Brazil. Ross sends a special team, led by British Royal Marines-trained officer Emil Blonsky, to Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro in order to capture Banner. General sees from a van the operation fail, when Banner becomes the Hulk and flees.
After winning the trust for Blonsky, he tells how Banner has become the Hulk, and allows the officer to inject an early version of Super Soldier Serum, developed by Abraham Erskine. After that, Leonard Samson, Betty's new boyfriend, reveals to the army that Banner has comeback to Virginia. Ross and his forces, including the super soldier Blonsky and using experimental weaponry developed by Stark Industries, surround Banner inside Culver University which once again becomes the Hulk to fight the army. The operation goes horribly wrong, almost killing Blonsky and resulting in escape of Hulk with Betty.
With much of Ross' surprise, Blonsky manages to recover very fast from the wounds suffered in the battle with Banner, that because of the Serum. Ross discovers Banner and Betty's whereabouts in Samuel Sterns's lab, New York City and take both into custody by a helicopter. However, Blonsky remains in the lab and orders Dr. Sterns to inject a Banner's synthesized blood sample, which reacts with the serum, transforming him into an abomination. For stopping Blonsky, Ross accepts Banner's help to fight with Blonsky. After a battle in Harlem, Ross takes custody of Blonsky, while Banner disappears. Later, Ross meets Tony Stark in a bar, who wants to talk to him about the "Avengers Initiative"; Nick Fury's superiors wanted Blonsky for the Avengers Initiative due to his war record, intending to blame the Hulk for the rampage, but S.H.I.E.L.D., knowing that Blonsky was too unstable, sent Stark to 'negotiate' knowing that he would provoke Ross into retaining custody of Blonsky.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Red Hulk possesses vast superhuman strength. He can augment it by absorbing radiation.
- Superhuman Leaping Ability: Red Hulk's over-developed legs allows him to jump over vast distances.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Even though Red Hulk is close to invulnerable he can be injured but his healing factor is incredibly quick and allows him to heal quickly from almost any injury.
- Self Sustenance: Red Hulk can survive in the vacuum of space unaided and does not need air, food, water, or sleep.
- Immortality: Red Hulk does not age because of his healing factor that regenerates his cells and that he is powered by gamma and cosmic energy, but when he was Ross he still aged.
- Superhuman Stamina: Red Hulk's stamina is nigh-limitless and can constantly fight,run and perform physical activities without any tire.
- Superhuman Durability: Red Hulk is nearly invulnerable and can take tons of damage that may instantly kill a human or lower level super humans.
- Superhuman Speed: Red Hulk can move at superhuman speeds as well.
- Gamma Radiation Emission: Red Hulk constantly gives off gamma radiation. The rate of emission is increased the angrier he gets. This radiation sometimes burns what even Ross touches, and at high levels, makes Ross appear to be on fire. If Ross emits too much radiation, he overheats and can explode in immense levels, which could be dangerous for his opponents.
- Transformation: Red Hulk will not transform between forms without consciously willing it.
- Energy Absorption: Red Hulk is capable of absorbing energy
General Ross is a highly experienced soldier, formidable hand-to-hand combatant, skilled military tactician and Vietnam War veteran.
Ross possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
As Ross, he is as vulnerable as any human. However he can overcome this weakness with his will-powered transformation into Red Hulk. As Red Hulk, he displays a notable weakness against bladed and sharp objects. Red Hulk is also vulnerable to mental attacks from powerful psychics.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: Ross uses all kinds of military vehicles at his disposal, mainly helicopters.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Thaddeus Ross (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Thaddeus Ross (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Thaddeus Ross (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References