Taneleer Tivan is one of the oldest living beings of the Universe. His species at Cygnus X-1 was one of the first to evolve after the Big Bang. Death took Tivan as the last surviving representative of the species and gave him total immortality - Tivan, as well as one representative of each of the first species of the Universe, cannot die. These people have associated among themselves to create the Elders of the Universe. As they are relatively few, they call each other "brother".
He eventually understood that a factor in an Elder's immortality was the will to live. Tivan then decided he would not perish, and looked for a goal to dedicate his life.
Tivan then had a vision seeing powerful things that would rise, determined to destroy the universe. He decided to prevent this from happening and that he would dedicate his life to collect artifacts and living beings throughout the universe to place them out of danger. Then, after the destruction of the universe, he could re-populate it and bequeath the knowledge and cultures from past. He built a great spaceship and began his work, stopping in every world to get a sample of its greatest achievements, as well as living representatives of each of their life forms.
In a matter of years, the ship was full and he had to stop his mission to collect expanded facilities for his "permanent collection". Using robo-mechanics bought on planet Cron, the Collector transferred his collection. Every time his ship's hold was full, the Collector would return to his museum-worlds to place the new samples. He has currently filled in ten museum-worlds with artifacts from one hundred thousand planets.
With the passing of eons, his monomania became more obsessive, until he forgot the original reason of his collection.
Powers and Abilities
The Collector has not been dedicated to self-perfection. Thus, he does not possess super-human physical or mental abilities beyond those all the Elder possess.
- Cosmic Energy Control: The Collector can channel the ambient energy of the cosmos.
- Precognition: The Collector is prone to have precognitive flashes of the future, but he must meditate for long time to get the details (including place, timeline and participants).
The Collector possesses the normal human strength of a man of his apparent age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.
Equipment: The Collector has access to the finest technology of one hundred thousand worlds, which provides him with a virtually unlimited arsenal. He is only limited to what he can access at a certain situation, but he can always access to at least one incredibly powerful device.
- Armor: The Collector usually wears an armor made of Etherion which also allows him to fly.
- Collector's Spaceship: The Collector keeps this ship in hyperspace while orbiting, to avoid it being detected while he is looking for specimens. He can access the ship through a small, invisible cabin-like gateway.
- Temporal Assimilator: This device allows the Collector to travel through time, but is only effective for short distances (meaning short times). A bigger-scale device similar to this allows him to "fish" artifacts from other periods of history and even alternate realities.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Taneleer Tivan (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Taneleer Tivan (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Taneleer Tivan (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References