Powers and Abilities
- Time Bombs: the ability to psionically create plasmic energy with intense combustive power, which she calls her "time bombs." By concentrating, she would create the explosives, which would appear from the palms of her hands. These "bombs" explode with concussive force. Most of her time-bombs had the destructive power of a cherry bomb, and earned her the nickname Firecracker from friends. She can produce marble-sized "bombs" which have little concussive impact and which she uses for playing pranks. Also for pranks, she can make 'dud' bombs that would looked like a regular time-bomb, but simply dissipated without any form of explosion or noise. She has produced "time bombs" ranging up to the size of beach balls, which, when they explode, can smash tree trunks and even metal objects. Originally, the larger time-bombs were more unstable. The amount of concussive impact depends on the size of the bomb she creates, and she can, at least to some extent, control the amount of time until it detonates. It was possible for her to create a short fused timer to detonate almost immediately, or a longer timer of over 10 seconds. Through personal preference the majority of Boom-Boom's time-bombs were set to explode approximately 3 seconds after creation. This gave her ample time to throw the bomb at her desired target, while ensuring her own personal safety. After more training, she has learned increasingly greater control over the energy she generates. She can now muffle the sound of the detonation to a limited extent and generate explosive energy as streams that respond to her thought directions. Now possessing greater control over her powers, she can even reabsorb the energy of non-detonated bombs and is no longer afraid to use her time bombs in nearly lethal ways. Now she is able to wield the plasma as she wishes, but still uses the tiny spherical marbles out of habit.
- Continuous Control: Though she had previously given the time-bomb all commands regarding strength & time-limit during the creation of the bomb, through further training, she could suddenly command the plasma after it had been created by the power of thought. Therefore she was able to exert a greater control over her powers, thereby reducing all the previous limitations she had experienced while known as Boom-Boom and Boomer.
- Psionic Explosive Plasma Manipulation: Through further training. she creates malleable forms instead of being spherical balls of explosive power, her plasma became streams of energy that would streak through the air. The shapes and forms of the plasma were malleable to her psionic command. This allowed her to move the plasma through the air, around a victim, or back and forth purely by the power of thought.
- Re-Absorption: Instead of being vulnerable to a time-bomb in close proximity, she was suddenly capable of absorbing the energy of any unexploded plasma, through further training. She would simply take the plasma into her hand, and re-absorb it; the reverse of creating it. This meant that her bombs would no longer be a threat to her own physical safety, or that or team-mates and allies. This allowed her to bypass her non-immunity weakness.
Meltdown possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Post Creation: There were also various drawbacks to Tabitha's mutant powers. These were primarily based on the fact that she implanted the information regarding size, explosive power & the length of the timer for each bomb during creation. Therefore she had little control over it after the plasma bomb had been formed in her hands.
- Throwing Range: Her time bombs had to be physically thrown at a target. The majority of times, Boom-Boom's aim was accurate and she could hit her target. However, if a strong wind caught her time-bomb then it could be blown off target. As the bombs had to be thrown by hand, this meant that they could only travel a limited distance. Although a time-bomb could bounce a little additional distance, they were still limited considering it was a long range power.
- Timed Detonation: Since the time-bombs had a pre-set time, Boom-Boom couldn't change that time after they had been generated. Therefore they would only detonate at the end of her countdown. This meant that if the bombs were moved, or didn't reach the target in time then they would explode without having the desired destructive effect.
- Non-Immunity: Unlike the majority of mutants, Boom-Boom's X gene did not provide her with any natural in-built immunity to the negative effects of her own powers.
- Wrist Launchers: These wristband-like attachments allowed her to aim and fire her explosive plasma with more accuracy. Instead of being small spherical time-bombs, her explosives became more focused, more explosive, and capable of reaching targets over a greater distance. For a while, she used these launchers to overcome her throwing range weakness; however, once again this led to complacency as Boomer did not put any effort into training her use of her powers, relying on the added security of the wrist launchers.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Tabina Smith (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Tabina Smith (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Tabina Smith (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.