Powers and Abilities
The Super-Soldier Serum metabolized and enhanced all of Rogers' bodily functions to the peak of human potential and beyond. Dr. Reinstein described this potential as being "the next step in human evolution", while still remaining completely human.
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: As a result of the Super-Soldier serum, he was transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning (and likely into superhuman levels).
- Superhuman Strength: Captain America's physical strength is enhanced to beyond human potential as he has been able to perform such feats as stopping a very large tree from falling on a group of soldiers and successfully holding it up in its leaning state long enough for the soldiers to get to safety. Nick Fury states that Steve can bench press a toyota. Captain America is sufficiently strong enough to lift 23 tons. He once lifted an entire tank off the ground and threw it 6 miles away. Also when under duress he can lift up entire buildings.
- Enhanced Speed: He could run at speeds of up to approximately 80 miles per hour, and had on occasion run 5 miles in little over a minute (almost 160 mph) when under duress.
- Enhanced Stamina: Captain America's body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles and his musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue toxins begins to impair him. This kind of physiology grants him phenomenal endurance. He can even hold his breath under water for 6 minutes.
- Enhanced Agility: Captain America's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete, and he can even jump or leap higher and longer than finest humans.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Captain America's reflexes is superior to that of any Olympic athlete that has ever competed. The speed at which he reacts allows him to dodge 5 gunners in point blank range. He can usually out-react even the fastest humans, no matter how well-trained.
- Superhuman Durability: Captain America's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super strength, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort. Captain America's body is durable to the point where his super-strong muscles while being punched by a corrupt soldier in the torso it resulted breakage of his wrists.
- Superhuman Healing: He is able to heal broken bones, toren muscles, several gunshots, knife stabs and other severe injuries within 3 to 4 days and most lesser injuries like cuts, scrapes and burns within hours.
- Disease Resistance: Captain America is highly resistant to most diseases, infections and disorders. And never became ill after receiving the SSS.
- Alcohol Immunity: Captain America is virtually immune to intoxication by consuming alcohol
- Peak Human Mental Process: Rogers' mental performance had been greatly enhanced, allowing his mind to operate in the most efficient and rapid manner possible. One manifestation of this was his tactical genius; the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations. Rogers also possessed a near-edictic memory, meaning that he never forgot anything and had perfect recall. This enabled him to remember any military tactic and apply it to any situation. Able to utilize more than a human's full brain capacity for information processing and sorting, Roger's mind is virtually a computer built for strategy and problem-solving, one that works at optimal ability even when under stress and fatigue. Using his superior problem-solving skills, Rogers can work out a battle ahead of time for many possibilities and predict enemy movements and tactics after the battle has engaged by recalling and utilizing memorized mannerisms acquired through past experience on a moment's notice. He is also ingenious in devising solutions against superior aspects of opponents, can observe and exploit, and can calculate distance, speed, and time at lightning speeds; his sense of timing is superb, bordering on perfection.
- Enhanced Senses: Roger's senses have been augmented to higher levels of ability. He can hear, see, and smell things better than humans. Captain America once stated that he was able to dodge bullets because he "sees faster than them".
- Latent Mutations: these abilities were unlocked following his exposure to the SSS that were individual to him. Once in the future, he would discover that these were latent mutant abilities.
- Enhanced Spatial Awareness: Cap possesses an uncanny sense of trigonometry, in this sense used to describe his observation of objects around himself and the angles found between surfaces of these objects. Cap has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to cause his shield to ricochet and/or reflect off those objects in a trajectory to his liking. This is commonly called a "banked shot" when applied to this talent. Cap has been observed causing his shield to reflect from over a dozen surfaces in the course of one throw, and still hit his intended target accurately. It is his sense of superhumanly enhanced spatial awareness that allows him to perform these feats as well.
- Seventh Sense: enabled him to subconsciously anticipate an opponent's moves.
- Master Martial Artist: Captain America has mastered numerous martial arts like marine combat, muay-thai, boxing, judo, jiu jitsu, and demonstrated ability in pressure-point fighting. He engages in a daily regimen of rigorous exercises (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition.
- Weapons Proficiency: He did not usually use weapons other than his shield, but in desperate times or situations where he and teammates were outnumbered, he would wield additional weapons to ensure victory. He had used staffs, bludgeons, and was adept with swords. He likely received training with different kinds of weapons during his wartime for undercover infiltration missions in the event of not being able to use his shield.
- Master Acrobat: Rogers' years of training have made him an expert in the field of acrobatics and gymnastics as well as a stunning aerialist.
- Indomitable Will: Rogers is a very strong willed person second to none. He was able to suppress all forms of temptation including physical, mental, and sexual. He is capable of resisting all forms of mind control; only the strongest willed individuals had a chance of enslaving him.
- Expert Marksman: He can throw most if not all projectile weaponry with great aim and was well versed in the use of firearms.
- Master Tactician and Strategist: Captain America is an accomplished strategist. He has been widely considered one of, if not the greatest tacticians on the planet both on and off the battlefield. He is able to formulate battle strategies and his brilliant tactical sense allows him to just as quickly alter any strategy of plan to fit the need of the situation change.
- Master Shield Fighter: Captain America's years of training and experience with his unique shield, as well as its physical properties, allows him to accomplish mind-boggling feats with the item. Aside from bashing foes with it and blocking incoming attacks, Cap is able to throw the shield with nearly perfect aim. He is able to hit multiple targets with the same throw by means of ricochet, and can even achieve a boomerang-like return effect with it, allowing him to strike enemies from behind or retrieve the shield without objects to ricochet from.
- Multi-lingual: He was fluent in French, Russian, German, Japanese and possibly other languages.
- Expert Pilot: He was a phenomenal pilot and was versed in many Military, SHIELD, and Avengers aircraft.
He is capable of lifting 23 tons.
- Uniform: Cap's fire-retardant costume incorporates bulletproof Kevlar body armor as well as a Vibranium breast plate.
- Utility Belt: Cap wears a utility belt containing mission-specific equipment.
- Avengers Identicard
Transportation: None known.
- Shield: is his primary, and usually only weapon. A concave disk about 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds, it was made of a unique Vibranium-Steel alloy that had never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with a steel alloy he was working with and an unknown catalyst, creating the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify the still-unknown factor that played a role in it; however attempts to reverse engineer its composition resulted in the development of adamantium. The shield was issued to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career. The shield had great aerodynamic properties: it was able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enabled it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It was virtually indestructible: it was resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it could be damaged in any way would be by tampering with its molecular bonding.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Steven Rogers (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Steven Rogers (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References