Powers and Abilities
Devil-Slayer is described as "one of the mightiest magicians in the cosmos" and "more powerful by far than any of [his] fellow humans" by Eternity, the sentience of the Marvel Universe. He attempted to gain the title of Sorcerer Supreme in 1973, but he failed. In return, he certainly became one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful, slayer of evil mystical entities on his Earth.
Devil-Slayer is a practicing magician who draws his powers from mystical entities such as Agamotto, Cyttorak, Ikonn, Oshtur, Raggadorr, and Watoomb, who lend their energies for spells. Strange also wields mystical artifacts including the Ka Stone, the Bloodaxe, the Soul Sword and the Zodiac Key which endows him with a wide range of mystical powers; he has demonstrated psychometry, clairvoyance, clairaudience, precognition and postcognition.
He also has vast mystical powers such as the power to project blasts of mystical energy, to remain invisible, to fly, to levitate, to transform into an ethereal form to cross solid matter and force fields, to conjure mystical shields, to generate psychic blasts, to use telekinesis, and to astrally project, among other powers.
In addition to his magical abilities, Strange is trained in several martial arts disciplines, including judo, and has shown proficiency with numerous magically conjured weapons including swords and axes. Strange was a skilled neurosurgeon before nerve damage impaired his hands.
The Ka Stone
The Ka Stone is an ancient gem of power that is believed to be connected to the Alpha and Omega Stones found on Kree-Lar, which are remnants of the previous universe. A fragment of the Lifestone tree, the Ka Stone was discovered and used by the first Devil-Slayer in Egypt. It granted him the powers of super strength, invulnerability, enhanced magic, super speed, self substance in space and energy manipulation.
Ka Stone Powers:
- Reality Warping: The stone can warp reality on a large scale, even recreating timelines and affecting the beings in those realities (such as memories and physical appearances) and time manipulation.
- Matter Manipulation: The stone allows its bearer to manipulate matter, creating objects and beings at whim along with rearranging molecular properties.
- Immortality: Devil-Slayer is functionally immortal and can exist for countless centuries without being touched by age or other effects of the passage of time.
- Energy Projection: Strong blasting capability, able to battle with the Silver Surfer.
- Enhanced Physical Statistics: Flight, strength, durability and ability to grow in size: all to substantial levels, the upper limit of which is unknown.
Bloodaxe (Enchanted Axe)
Properties: The Bloodaxe is very similar to other Asgardian weapons, it is mystically enchanted and is nearly indestructible.
- Transformation: By stamping the axe on the ground the user can revert to their mortal human form, dressed in whichever clothes they last wore in that form, while the axe does not change. The user then only has to grab the axe to transform back. However, if the user was separated from the axe for more than 60 seconds, they would lose their enchanted form and revert to their original mortal identity, much like the enchantment once placed on Mjolnir by Odin.
- Divine Slaying: As an armament created to portray divine violence, the cursed axe has the ability to wound and even kill beings of godly constitution. Thor has used it to sever limbs and even kill Dark Gods with one swing of the blade.
- Force Projection: Being an ax, it can be used as a blunt force melee weapon, cutting weapon or as a throwing weapon. It can also fire an energy blast of fire or ice, whip up gale-force winds and also manipulate electromagnetic fields, allowing the user to deflect incoming gunfire back at attackers.
- Teleportation: It could be used to teleport to places the wielder has previously been.
- Allspeak: The wielder of the Bloodaxe is able to access the Allspeak, allowing them to communicate in all of the languages of the Nine Realms, Earth's dialects, and various alien languages.
- Mystic Right: The Soulsword is a physical manifestation of Devil-Slayer's magical powers, as well as the limbo dimension he rules. As the Soulsword is the living embodiment of Stephen Strange, whomever owns the sword is considered to be the ruler of Limbo (Otherplace). Only the ruler of Limbo can wield the sword and vice versa.
- Strike the Supernatural / Ethereal: The Soulsword has been shown to only harm magical creatures or objects -- it rarely injures non-magical beings or items. Intangible and ethereal beings can also be struck.
- Counter/Break Spell: When Devil-Slayer uses the Soulsword to strike a person who is possessed, enchanted, or otherwise magically controlled or transformed; the sword will be able to counter or break the spell.
- Stepping Disc Control: The Soulsword can be used to control 'stepping discs,' enabling teleportation.
- Spell Sword: The Ancient One learned how to 'draw' spells with the sword using arcane symbols.
- Summoning Sword / Armor: Devil-Slayer can store the Soulsword in nothingness and summon it whenever he desires. It can also be used to summon a promethium battle armor around the user.
- Augment Magic: Any magic user who holds the Soulsword instantly has their mystic abilities augmented.
Powers: The key, reportedly carved from stone and the conduit of power from the god, Ankh, was wielded by Devil-Slayer. It can fire energy bolts, transport people and objects from place to place or dimension to dimension. It is powered by the intense conflict of good and evil and responds to the mental commands of its bearer. Its limits of power is unknown.