Ester Fassbinder was born in Hannover, Germany to the Fassbinder family. Her father was a german cop former GSG 9 and her mother is the daughter of Jessica Drew. Growing up her mother wanted her to pursued an acting career but even though she took the classes, she also trained to become a cop. She became a member of German counter-terrorism and special operations unit, commonly abbreviated GSG 9. Her spider powers she got from her grandmother started to appear slowly, superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, reflexes, flexibility and hearing. At first she didn't notice because she just thought it was her GSG 9 training kicking in.
Wasp Vs Spider
The mission was to take out a group of terrorists hiding in the city of Bremen in the warehouse district. Ester and her team were ready to go in, the entire unit is ambushed and executed by a group of armed women except for Ester. They wanted her alive for some reason. One removes her mask and reveals her face, she is one the higher ups at German Counter-Terrorism and that she been watching Ester for sometime waiting to see if she would gain spider powers. Ester ask "Who are you really?" The woman replies, "We are the Sisterhood of the Wasp and you won't be able to use your superhuman strength to free yourself for those ropes, we gas you with Ethyl Chloride." Before they could take her anywhere, men and women in armor wearing the mark of the spider broken in and started fighting the Sisterhood of the Wasp. One of these people freed Ester and gave her the counter agent to the Ethyl Chloride. The Wasp members escaped do to the size numbers and skill of their enemy. Ester later learn they were called the Spider Society .
Ester becomes a hero called Spinne-Frau which is German for Spiderwoman. She joins the Spider Society in fighting the Sisters of the Wasp. On one of these missions she went to America to secretly help out a new hero name Spider-Man. She went to work for Public Eye as Zandra, the Public Eye headquarters receptionist. When Doom conquered America she left.
The Gathering of Five
Ester learns of arcane ritual with five arcane relics, where the people are granted either immense power or they pay the ultimate price. These relics, when brought together and the ritual performed, allow the five who posses them to be blessed or cursed with: power, knowledge, immortality, insanity and death. She and a member of the Spider Society, named Wes Tannis.
Powers and Abilities
Spider-Woman possesses several superhuman powers inherited from her grandmother, after the Gathering of Five ceremony, she received the powers of all the previous Spider-Women and Madame Web, that granted her spider-like abilities:
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Woman's muscular density and strength have been extraordinarily enhanced and enable her to lift about 10 tons. After absorbing the powers of the other Spider-Women, her strength may have increased to about 25 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Woman is capable of running and moving at speeds much greater than even the finest human athlete. She could easily catch up with accelerating cars while on foot.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Woman's musculature generates less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Woman's body is somewhat tougher and more resistant to injury than an ordinary human's, although she is far from invulnerable. She is capable of withstanding impact forces that would severely injure or kill an ordinary human with only mild to moderate discomfort. Spider-Woman 2099 is bulletproof.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Woman's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits. She had the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Woman's natural reaction time and reflexes are 40 times greater than those of an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Flexibility: Spider-Woman's body is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as flexible as the average human being's, despite the augmented musculature and its enhanced strength.
- Superhuman Hearing: Spider-Woman's hearing is superhumanly acute and enables her to detect sound at virtually any frequency, and she's been known to detect, sort out, and correctly identify sounds through thick steel doors, and across considerable distances.
- Contaminant Immunity: Spider-Woman's metabolism rapidly creates powerful immunities to all forms of toxins, poisons and drugs, after an initial exposure that usually makes her dizzy. Her body is totally immune to radiation.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Woman's limbs can adhere to surfaces via electrostatic attraction. Spider-Woman can hold and carry a considerable amount of extra weight while sticking to walls without falling off; it's safe to assume that the weight she can carry is dozens of times her own, and the limits of how long she can do this before fatigue sets in are still unknown.
- Venom Blasts: Her body possesses an inordinate amount of bio-electricity that she has learned to channel and discharge through her hands, in controlled bursts of what she calls "Venom Blasts". These energy projections vary in power; they mostly affect the nervous system in humans. Spider-Woman can regulate them from simply a stun to potent enough to kill an average-sized man in the same way that a lightning bolt could kill him.
- Pheromone Secretion: Her metabolism generates certain types of pheromones that can create fear, elicit attraction and/or repulsion on others, depending on unknown factors which might include gender and mood.
- Self-Propelled Flight: She is capable of full flight. It is unclear as to the range and extent of this power.
- Superhuman Sense of Touch: Spider-Woman 2099's sense of touch was developed to the point that she could have sensed vibrations like a spider on its webs. Her senses were so sharp, that she could have detected a hollow area under a solid steel floor by walking over it.
- Psychokinetic Webbing: Originally belonging to Julia Carpenter, Spider-Woman 2099 possessed the ability to utilize psionic-based webbing (psi-webs), although it required a lot of concentration to manifest. By using psychokinetic energy, she was able to bind ambient free-floating molecules into strands of solid force. Her psi-webs could be used to wrap enemies, or focused into narrow web-lines that she could have swung from. Due to its psychic nature, these psi-webs could have been used in ways Spider-Man's webbing never could, such as causing webs to form from a distance, or controlling the movement of her webbing mentally. She was able to create webs of psionic energy able to hold up to 10 tons. The web had to have been anchored by at least two surfaces.
- Biological/Organic Webbing Generation: She has the ability to organically produce her own silk webbing from glands within her forearms, limited by her body's health and nutrition. These organic webs has many of the same properties as Spider-Man 2099's webbing. The silk is released through a spinneret near each wrist containing a central web spigot orifice used for web-slinging and drag lines, supplemented by several radial minor spigots for other types of webs connected to specialized glands.
- Shadow Camouflage: She is able to hide in shadows and go completely undetected by most people. Whether this is an actual power or simply stealth remains to be seen.
- Psychic Spider-Legs: Originally belonging to Charlotte Witter, Spider-Woman 2099 possessed four psionic spider-legs growing from her back. Having them grown out was their natural state, but she could conceal them in her back with concentration, though this left her with feelings of pressure. She can fire brilliant bursts of energy from the legs stunning her enemies.
- Telepathy: Originally belonging to Madame Web, Spider-Woman 2099 possessed moderate telepathy that allowed her to read minds and project thoughts.
- Prescience: Originally belonging to Madame Web, Spider-Woman 2099 can to perceive the future as precognitive flashes.
- Spider-Sense: She also has the subconscious premonition of "danger" sense known as her "spider-sense." Spider-Woman 2099's spider-sense seems to be more developed than Spider-man of the 20 century. Whereas Spider-Man could only get a feeling that a particular spot was dangerous to him (or similarly to the preservation of his secret identity), Spider-Woman 2099 is able to sense the exact direction from which the danger comes. In addition, whereas Spider-Man's spider-sense simply registered a general sense of danger (with the strength of the response being in proportion to the amount of danger he was in), Spider-Woman 2099 can recognize sources of danger. This allows her to determine whether the danger is posed by a familiar source (such as an attack by a familiar foe) or is a new threat. This applies even if she has incomplete knowledge of the source of danger. For example, if she is being spied on by an unknown observer on several different occasions, she is able to tell if each incident involves the same, or a different observer as a previous incident.
- Clairvoyance: sensitivity to psychic energies in her environment allows her to see her immediate area and events taking place far away.
- Astral Projection: ability to project her consciousness outside her body and travel
Skilled Martial Artist: is a highly experienced fighter trained in armed and unarmed combat by GSG 9. Although skilled as a martial artist, her tactics integrate different methods utilized in Karate, Boxing, Capoeira, Judo and swordfighting. Even without her powers she made a powerful opponent.
Skilled Spy: She is also extensively trained in espionage, covert operations and stealth.
Master of Disguise: She went undercover has an American receptionist named Zandra at the Public Eye headquarters for years.
Skilled Acrobat: She is a superb athlete and an Olympic-level gymnast.
Multilingual: Due to her espionage training, she is fluent in several languages, including Russian, Japanese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean and German.
- Adaptive Costume: After the the Gathering of Five ceremony, Ester gain the ability summon a Self-Adapting Spider-Woman suit.
- Dimensional Storage: Spider-Woman 2099 can pull or hidden weapons without gaining or lossing mass.
- Enhanced Regeneration: Suit can self-repair itself and Spider-Woman 2099.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Spider-Woman 2099 (Earth-928.2)
- Character Gallery: Spider-Woman 2099 (Earth-928.2)
- Quotations by Spider-Woman 2099 (Earth-928.2)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References