Powers and Abilities
- Body Conversion-Sand: Dust possesses the superhuman ability to convert her body into sand by mental command. She can convert all or parts of her body into animated sand at will. Her brain has attained subliminal awareness of all granulated particles of her body. Through conscious effort, she can affect the degree of molecular cohesion between the numerous adjoining surfaces of her particles and thus cause locomotion of discrete volumes, down to the individual grains. There appears to be no limit to how long Dust can remain in her sand-state. If she were to be rendered unconscious while in her sand-state, she would remain in that state, although the relaxing of her control over her particles would cause her to become an amorphous pile of sand. Dust's mind continues to function in astral form even when she has turned her head into sand and even when the particles of sand that composed her brain are widely scattered. The limit to how far the particles of her brain can be dispersed before she is unable to reassemble is not yet known.
- Sand Storm: She has the ability to convert herself into a destructive sand blast by simultaneously transforming the substance of her body into loose silicon particles and creating an explosive release at her center, expelling her sandy mass at high velocity in all directions, then cause her particles to reassemble themselves back into her human form. With apparent telepathic control, she can then move at high velocity resembling a sand storm. The sand storm effect is strong enough to destroy steel and rip the flesh from one's bones.
- Enhanced Durability: Her skin, bones and muscles are augmented to make them stronger and harder than human; impervious to injury to a certain extent.
- Superhuman Strength: When composed of animated sand, Dust possesses phenomenal superhuman strength, able to lift up to 60 tons under optimal conditions.
- Density Control: Her altered body composition and increased density enable her to compact or loosen the particles of sand that make up her form. She can become as hard as sandstone, or disperse her body so that he becomes invulnerable to physical attacks. A favorite tactic of Dust is making herself slightly dispersed when an opponent punches her, and then making herself rock-solid again, entrapping her opponent's appendage.
- Shape-shifting: She can shape her sand-state body into any continuous shape she can imagine, including her forearms into weapons like hammers, spiked maces, and large fists, stretching, elongating, deforming, expanding, flattening, or compressing all or portions of her body at will, phase through small openings, etc.
- Sand Blasts: She can project her sand particles outward at high speeds and, when in the shape of a bulky object, with the impact of a large sandbag.
- Reformation: Dust maintains mental control of the particles of which her body is composed so that she can reform her scattered grains unless a substantial portion of her body mass has been isolated.
- Sand Conversion: She can also convert common grains of sand around her into constituents of her body to replenish portions she might lose track of during battle. In this manner, she can increase her overall size and volume, to an unknown limit, or that of her limbs.
- Telepathic Resistance: It is very hard to telepathically detect or influence her while she is in her sand-like form.
- Magical Resistance: It is very hard to magically detect or influence her while she in her sand-life form.
- Sandbending: Sooraya also has the ability to manipulate any form of sand and other loose earth sediments at will.
Human Form: Average human with moderate exercise; Sand Form: 60 tons
- Heat: Dust is vulnerable to heat: temperatures of 3,400 degrees Fahrenheit can cause her highly impure silicate composition to fuse into amorphous silicate (glass).
- Water: Water: Dust's weakness that makes her most vulnerable is water. Water can soften her sand granules therefore, Dust cannot control them and has to wait for them to dry.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Sooraya Qadir (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Sooraya Qadir (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Sooraya Qadir (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.