Before the devastating events that wiped all life on Sakaar. Caiera, Skaar's mother was currently pregnant with him at the time. 8 months into the pregnancy, Hulk's shuttle exploded killing all life on Sakaar including Caiera and presumably Hulk. Hope for unborn Skaar was lost although after Caiera's death a cocoon containing Skaar fell into the Lake of Fire.
Two years later, Skaar emerged from the cocoon with the appearance of an 8-year-old boy. Skaar already had the intelligence of an Earth scientist, capable of matching Tony Stark, Reed Richards and their children, Skaar gained this intelligence through his father Bruce. He then gave himself the name Skaar, Skaar then saw that Sakaar was a wasteland and there was nothing left for him, so Skaar dreamed of travelling to Earth. Skaar then used his enhanced intelligence to spend the next 11-years rebuilding his father's shuttle out of scraps from the former prime Sakaar. After Skaar had rebuilt the ship 11-years had passed and Skaar now had the appearance of a man in his late teens or early twenties, although he was 11-years-old, Skaar then immediately set a course for Earth.
Arrival on Earth
Skaar's ship crash landed on Earth, Skaar awoke from the wreckage in human form and quickly escaped. He was then captured by S.H.I.E.L.D soldiers, and they took him to the Triskelion for questioning. Nick Fury (now back in power), questioned Skaar on his alien heritage, Skaar claimed he was the son of Hulk (not knowing Hulk's real name was Bruce Banner), and was born on the planet Sakaar and the reason he came to Earth was because his planet was a wasteland and "extinct", he also claimed he wanted to become a superhero like his father. Fury agreed with this and claimed he needed a new identity and "Earth name", Fury then told Skaar of his father's real name and the two both agreed on the alias "Dorian Banner".
First transformation and joining the Ultras
A month after coming to Earth, Dorian was withdrawing money from the bank, but suddenly the bank was being robbed. Everyone including Dorian was tied up and blinded, Dorian insulted one of the thugs and was then hit in the head with a gun, Dorian was enraged and suddenly underwent a transformation resembling a lot of his father but grey. Dorian had lost all of his memories and the creature dubbed itself "Ira", Ira was enraged and went to stop the robbery. Ira displayed many abilities similar to his father and destroyed two of the cars and before destroying the final car, Ira used a quote from his infamous father "IRA SMASH!!!", after stopping the heist, Ira leapt away. Dorian then awoke reverted back to his old self, Dorian was later found by S.H.I.E.L.D and they confirmed to him that he genetically inherited a "trait" from his father. Fury saw that Ira had displayed "some" heroic actions and asked if Dorian would join the Ultras since their last Hulk-oriented member left the group, Dorian agreed.
Meeting his father
A few months later, while at his new apartment, Dorian saw on the news that a green monster was rampaging through New York and had defeated the Ultras. Dorian knew that it was his father, Dorian used his new device given to him by S.H.I.E.L.D to help him transform into Ira without the need to get angry. Dorian transformed into Ira and went to battle the Hulk. Ira quickly arrived at the scene and battled the Hulk, the two battled for hours although the two proved to be an even match, the two defeated each other and reverted to their human forms. Hulk now as Bruce lost balance and dropped to the floor exhausted, Bruce asked who Dorian was and Dorian replied "I am Skaar...your son...", before his father could reply, the latter passed out from exhaustion. Later on, Dorian was contacted and was informed that Bruce wanted to talk to him. Dorian arrived at the Triskelion, Bruce asked if what he told him was true, Dorian confirmed this and Bruce then claimed they had a lot of catching up to do.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: As the son of The Strongest There Is Skaar presumably possesses the capacity for vast levels of physical strength. Considering his old power and Gamma blood, like the Hulk, Skaar has practically limitless strength. Once he absorbed 100 trillion tons of kinetic energy from the city to fight the Hulk and sent Juggernaut flying in space with ease. Skaar has been seen punching beings miles away, slaying the dragons of Sakaar, overturning tanks, and fighting Ben Grimm with ease. With the Old Power he is able to amplify his strength. Skaar's great strength extends into his legs as well allowing him to leap great distances.
- Self Sustenance: Skaar is capable of surviving in the vaccum of space unaided and does not need air, food, water, or sleep.
- Suspended Aging: For all intents and purposes, Skaar does not age. This because of his great healing factor that regenerates his cells and the gamma energy and Old Power that empowers him.
- Superhuman Stamina: During his time searching for Axeman Bone and trying to protect and survive all in one he has shown the ability to keep stamina up for great time.
- Superhuman Durability: In addition to his Hulk-like strength, Skaar's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury and pain, as well as a unique immunity to anything heat related. Skaar's skin is capable of withstanding extreme heat without blistering and great impact.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his high resistance to physical injury it is possible to wound Skaar. He is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed body parts with far greater speed and efficiency than ordinary humans. Wounds that are deadly to other beings take just a short time to heal. Doing battle with Axeman Bone he was impaled in the stomach but healed quickly and hunted him down.
- Rapid Maturity: Shortly after Skaar's cocoon left his mother's body he emerged from the burning waters two years later with an appearence of an 8-year-old. 11-years later, he appeared to be at the age of a man in his late teens or early adulthood.
- Transformation: Skaar's original form is on the planet Sakaar is a Sakaaran Shadow Person but can transform into the human form of an eighteen-year-old on Earth and goes by the name of Dorian Banner. When Dorian gets angry it triggers his transformation into his gamma form. To what extent Skaar's transformation resembles his father's is unknown.
- Old Power: From his mother, Skaar inherited the ability to wield the Old Power, letting him channel the tectonic energies of a planet, granting him mastery over earth and stone. With the Old Power, he can break or mend the earth as he sees fit, turn his body to stone, and call up magma from the depths.
Class 100+; Skaar naturally shares his father's great strength, in addition to the Old Power, which bolsters his strength even further. Hence Skaar's strength enables him to potentially lift far in excess of 100 tons. However Skaar's strength at a base level is enough to allow him to lift 90 tons
- Muramasa Blade Skaar was vulnerable to the Muramasa Blade which nullifies super-human healing factors. Wolverine was able to use the blade to cut and seriously injure him and would have killed him if he hadn't been stopped by Banner.
- Reduced Intelligence In Gamma form, like his father in his earlier transformations, Skaar's intelligence is impaired and below that of an average human. In Gamma form, he has little recall of his memories or his past.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Skaar has three alternate forms, his birth form which was his mother's species appearance. On Earth, he adapts into a human form from his father's side and in both forms at will Skaar can transform into a gamma creature just like Hulk.
- Due to his Shadow heritage, when in Gamma form, Skaar does not change to green he is grey like his mother's species
- Ira means "anger" in Latin
- Appearances of Skaar (Earth-1315)
- Character Gallery: Skaar (Earth-1315)
- Quotations by Skaar (Earth-1315)
- Images that include Skaar (Earth-1315)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References