Shang-Chi and the Fall of the Defenders is a Phase Six Marvelette Cinematic Universe film. It was released on September 25th, 2026, following Fantastic Four: Annihilation and preceding Blade vs the Ghost Rider. The film is directed by Destin Daniel Cretton.
- Simu Liu as Shang-Chi
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock / Daredevil
- Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage
- Finn Jones as Danny Rand / Iron Fist
- Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle / Punisher
- Elodie Yung as Elektra Natchios
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk / Kingpin
- Maggie Smith as Morgan le Fay (First Appearance) (Death)
- Eva Green as Ophelia Sarkissian / Madame Viper (First Appearance)
- Elden Henson as Franklin "Foggy" Nelson (Death)
- Wilson Bethel as Benjamin Pointdexter / Bullseye
- Daniel Bruhl as Helmut Zemo
- Wai Ching Ho as Madame Gao (Death)
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple / Night Nurse
- Rachel McAdams as Christine Palmer / Night Nurse
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange (Cameo)
- Jensen Ackles as Johnny Blaze / Ghost Rider (Cameo)
- Destin Daniel Cretton: Director
- Kid Marvelette: Executive Producer
- Kevin Feige: Executive Producer
- Drew Goddard: Writer
- Victoria Alonso: Producer
- Louis D'Esposito: Producer
- Trinh Tran: Producer
- Hans Zimmer: Composer
When the former Hand assassin Elektra resurfaces working for the elusive sorceress Morgan le Fay, Shang-Chi takes it upon himself to recruit the Defenders in order to save the world before she ever has the chance to put it in danger!
- This film features the return of the Marvel Netflix characters for the first time since the cancellation of their series.
- Although Jon Bernthal's Punisher was not in the Defenders series, he appears in this film and is even the one to land the killing blow on Morgan le Fay.
- Christine Palmer appears for the first time out of the Doctor Strange franchise alongside Claire Temple, both taking the mantle of the Night Nurse.
- Doctor Strange makes a cameo in a mid-credits scene going over the chaos caused by Morgan le Fay before he is interrupted by the Ghost Rider appearing, saying they "have a problem with the vampires".
- Morgan le Fay is portrayed by Maggie Smith, a veteran magic actress known for portraying Professor Minerva McGonagall in the Harry Potter franchise.
- Madame Viper makes her first actual appearance in this film after the usage of the name Ophelia and Madame Hydra was used by the LMD Aida in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Destin Daniel Cretton returns to direct after previously directing Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. He takes over the Netflix characters, while the script is written by Drew Goddard, who worked a lot on Daredevil.