|This Articles needs to be wikified!|
This article lacks proper templates, navigational structure, and/or standard American English grammar.
To help improve it, check the current Layout Guide and Formatting requirements. Once these are adequately met this tag may be removed from the page with admin approval. If the page receives no further improvement, it will be deleted May 16th, 2020.
Doom is serious here. He will destroy this article. Bwahahahahaha.
This article seems to have been abandoned and is currently incomplete, and according to the site policy, is spam and will be deleted accordingly.
To help stop this, you may continue this project and ask for this template to be removed, or you have ask for it to be deleted. If neither of these are done, it will be deleted 2 weeks after the date of issue. It WILL be deleted unless the owner of this project picks it back up.
Sagnik was originally a famous and brilliant Scientist with PhD in Genetics Engineering and PhD in Biotechnology. He found an unique way of imbuing himself with multiple insects' powers (genetically enhanced insects) and thereby became a masked superhero after realizing his duty/responsibility.
Becoming A Superhero
Powers and Abilities
Telekinesis: His powers caused him to be mutated and thus even after their removal, the mutated gene caused him to gain telekinetic abilities. He possesses telekinetic abilities enabling him to levitate oneself or that of others by sheer force of will. He is also capable of creating weak force fields with his telekinesis.
Modified Nervous System: His entire nervous system was modified and his reflexes as well as his five senses were enhanced beyond the limits of an ordinary human-being. Also, this nervous system modification caused him to be incapable of exhibiting emotions and made him immune to pain. While the later is extremely useful in combat, the former caused everyone else to hate him. The most impressive ability he has so far, is unarguably his ability to control his nerves and nervous system.
- Superhuman Coordination: Sagnik's physical abilities are heightened to the point where he can perform any physical act without difficulty. He merely needs to imagine himself doing the act in his mind, then he is able to perform it without any problem. This could range from free running, to juggling swords, to doing multiple back-flips.
- Nerve Regeneration: He can regenerate his own nerves (which usually are incapable of regeneration) and to return them back to their original state after harm. He uses this ability to resist being stunned, going unconscious, going into shock from intense pain or permanently losing sensation in any part of the body.
- Pain Dullness: Originally, he could block pain at will but later on became incapable of feeling pain. This allows him to think clearly and continue to move despite grievous injury. This essentially makes torture useless.
- Forced Sleep/Induced Coma: By controlling his nervous system, he can cause himself to go in a state of sleep. Although, he has to determine the period he wants to sleep for before actually doing it or he may enter a state of indefinite coma.
- Hormone Control: This allows him to either diminish his sexual drive against seduction techniques or maintain adrenaline for a long period of time without damaging his body.
No Scent: Shadow X's body naturally produces no scent/smell. This makes stealth easier for him.
Being the genius he is, Sagnik found a way to imbue himself with the DNA of genetically enhanced insects and hence became Insect-Man. He used eight different insects to gain his superpowers, the aforementioned insects are- Dynastes hercules, Periplaneta americana, Latrodectus hesperus, Sphinx ligustri, Pogonomyrmex maricopa, Archimantis latistyla, Gerridae and Bombyx mori. He is able to survive and adapt to dark environments (especially nighttime conditions), with a circadian cycle programmed for nighttime activity, heightened senses to compensate the absence of light, and perhaps darker coloration. He gained superhuman physical attributes and many impressive powers, such as:
Wall-Crawling: Insect-Man can cling to any surface using just his fingertips and feet. The extent to how much pressure he can stick to walls is thus far unknown, except that he can handle lifting his own weight.
Superhuman Strength: Insect Man possesses the combined strength of a Dynastes hercules (which can lift over 850 times its own weight) and Pogonomyrmex maricopa (can lift around 5 times its own weight). This enables Insect Man to lift over 55 tons. Much like a beetle and a hesperus his tremendous strength extends to his legs allowing him to leap to heights of at least 210 feet. His strength has allowed him to overpower several humans and metahumans. Insect-Man's legs are thickly muscled, allowing him to do massive damage by kicking something or someone, or he can use them to create seismic shocks by stomping the ground with his legs.
Superhuman Durability: Insect-Man's body is several hundred times stronger than normal humans and his muscles are fortified beyond human limits. He possesses a high resistance to physical damage, bullets and magical attacks. He is invulnerable to electrocution and asphyxiation. His durability allows him to be resistant to elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury. He can withstand lava as well as fire based attacks to a certain degree. His skin is particularly stronger/tougher than any man-made material along with his bones, also his dense flesh does not allow normal weapons to penetrate his body. He can survive falls from height that would kill normal humans and also has survive a blast from a grenade launcher at point blank range.
Superhuman Speed: Insect-Man can run and move at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. His speed allows him to catch up to speeding vehicles with relative ease and outrun animals like horses. At his peak, he can run up to speeds of 124 miles per-hour (200 km/h).
Superhuman Agility: Insect's agility is far beyond that of even an Olympic level athlete, as is his balance and coordination. He gains his amazing agility from the feared "Latrodectus hesperus" aka the black widow. He can dodge almost indefinitely, multiple times from multiple sources of action. He's dodged punches, swords, bullets and more multiple times. He can perform the most difficult and elaborate stunts that even a meta-human would be afraid to perform. His level of agility has allowed him to outmaneuver eight super villains and even dodge lasers.
Superhuman Reflexes: Insect Man's reflexes are far beyond the limitations of the finest human athletes. He has been able to react to a barrage of gunfire from multiple opponents at once unharmed. His reflexes are roughly 60-65 times greater than that of a trained human.
Superhuman Stamina: He can last a great deal of time in any fight and with virtually anyone. He has held his own against a super powered army. He doesn't tire out, as his body produces no lactic acids in his muscles. He possesses exceptional endurance and lung capacity.
Organic Silk Generation: While the source isn't exactly known, it is suspected that he received the ability to organically produce his own silk from glands within his forearms, limited by his body's health and nutrition from the genetically enhanced Bombyx mori. The silk is strong enough to withstand 6,000 psi and can obviously hold two or more fully grown men. However, these silk like threads can only extend up to a limited range of fifteen meters and not more.
Water Walking: Like a Gerridae, Insect-Man can walk and run on water at tremendous speeds. He has several hydrofuge hairpiles which are small, hydrophobic microhairs. These are tiny hairs with more than two thousand microhairs per mm. His entire feet is covered by these hairpiles, providing him resistance to splashes or drops of water. These hairs repel the water, preventing drops from weighing down the body.
Fangs and Talons: He possesses elongated canine teeth that secrete a paralyzing, though non-toxic, venom. He also possesses short, retractable talons at the tips of his fingers and toes that he uses to fight super villains. The talons are also razor sharp and, coupled with his great strength, are able to rend materials as durable as cinder block. They can cut through wood, glass, human flesh, concrete and several metals.
Enhanced Senses: Insect-Man's visual acuity is considerably beyond that of a normal human. He can see objects at much greater distances, with perfect clarity, relative to an ordinary human. He is able to see into the infra-red end of the electromagnetic spectrum, enabling him to see a person's body heat; the flicker-fusion horizon(the speed at which some objects appear as a blur) in his eyes is superior to other people. What appears as a blur to most people, he can see perfectly. He also gained superhuman sensitivity via touch, allowing the hairs on his body to sense air currents around him and vibrations via his skin. He can also hear better than normal humans.
Superhuman Stability/Balance: Derived from both the Widow and Mantis, Insect-Man has both extremely well developed sense of balance, the positioning of limbs and the center of balance as well as the physical condition to use these facts. This combination makes him almost impossible to being knocked down or imbalanced, falling down and able to recover from momentary imbalances near instantly.
Wing Generation/Ariel Adaptation: His eyes can withstand high-speed winds which would damage the average human eye. He can breathe at high velocities or altitudes, and he can cope with the reduced temperatures at high altitudes for prolonged periods of time, giving him a greater-than-normal capacity to endure low temperatures in areas such as the Arctic. He possessed the superhuman ability to fly by means of growing wings (as per his whim), which spanned sixteen feet from wingtip to wingtip. They also protect from rear attacks or detach and re-grow for quick getaways. His wings are insect like and allow him to both glide and fly. His gliding speed is just above 45 miles-per hour (72.4 km/hr) although, this could greatly be affected by the direction of wind.
Accelerated Healing: Despite his durability, it is possible for Insect-Man to be hurt. If injured, he is capable of recovering from mild to moderate injuries three times faster than an ordinary human. He also has a higher resistance for diseases, toxins and alcohol.
Radiation Immunity: Aside from his amazing healing power, Insect-Man also have the incredible ability to survive nuclear explosions. However, it’s important to note that this amazing ability has its limitations. When exposed to 1,000,000 radon units, Insect-Man will die. Radiation level below that does not affect him at all.
SONAR Blocking Ability and Noise Creation: He can create fake echoes off of nonexistent objects. Basically, he can make people (specially ones who use SONAR) see things that aren't there with sonic illusions. He is also able to block SONAR by producing an ultrasonic noise and this can be used to instill creatures like bats and elephants with fear.Pheromones: He is able to secrete an odorless pheromone into the air that can affect the adrenal gland of most beings within a distance of fifteen to twenty feet. The pheromone triggers intense panic attacks and causes his victims to experience intense and irrational fear. Insect-Man is also able to cause the same reaction in a number of higher animals.
- Peak Human Condition: Being a former athlete back in his school and an Army member, he is extremely light and nimble on his feet. He has shown to be marginally faster than his Army colleagues (one of them was an Olympic silver medalist). The speed at which he reacts allows him to dodge fast-moving projectiles such as arrows and bullets. He can usually out-react even the fastest humans, no matter how well-trained. He can leap large distances and he can dodge point blank projectile fire and has done so many times. He can exert himself at peak capacity greater then any human could. He can also endure way more physical and mental stress than normal humans. While this is a result of his intense training, it must be noted that without his strong will power none of this would have been possible. He has shown to be capable of holding his breath underwater for exactly 6 minutes and 15 seconds and remain calm even when poisoned. He possesses great strength for a 6'1", 155-pound young man who regularly engages in intensive physical exercise. He has been seen bench pressing twice his own weight (310 lbs) and can go toe to toe with any human or even a small group of armed thugs. He has displayed enough strength to throw a full grown 5'10" man several feet away. He has also been seen punching out opponents that are larger than him and that are way more durable. He has been shown to be able to handle the worst hits and impacts without giving out. He can take blows from people stronger than him and still fight, thus proving his durability. He has been taught aerobics and gymnastics routines as a kid.
- Expert Swordsman: He is a decent swordsman capable of wielding two swords with amazing accuracy and with superhuman speed. He has received fencing training when he was a teenager and after becoming Insect-Man was trained in the art of Kendo (way of the sword).
- Expert Combatant: Insect-Man is a brilliant street-fighting who often employs cunning street fighting tactics to overpower his foes. He is a self-taught, superb Boxer and as a kid received official training in Shotokan Karate and Aikido. He holds black belts in both of the aforementioned martial arts. After loosing his insect based powers, Shadow X become more concerned about his position and it was 6 years of intense training in Japan that finally made him regain his confidence. He is now a master of Ninjutsu, Shorinji Kempo and Jujutsu and blends these arts with Aikido and Shotokan Karate to form his own fighting style.
- Genius-Level Intellect: He comes up with excellent strategic plans to expose and defeat his opponent(S), always aiming to "work smarter, not harder." While he is no master in anything outside his physical skills, he has shown to have extensive knowledge in various fields, including computer engineering, toxicology, combat medicine, weapons and so on, all of which he uses to effectively aid in his investigation while maintaining discretion, often without needing aid from anyone else. He was shown to be a highly skilled tactician and was able to create plans which allow him take on large numbers of heavily armed man, highly skilled martial artists and even people whose skills outweigh his own. He is fluent in several languages having spoken English, Hindi, French, German, Italian, with Russian being his weakest. He has a little knowledge about business management, having learnt basics from his father. He is a brilliant Scientist with an estimated IQ of 300. He can invent various devices with special properties when needed.
- Master Hunter and Tracker: A side effect of having Mantis DNA, Insect-Man possesses predatory instincts, allowing him to become master of hunting and tracking.
- Meditation: Insect-Man is skilled in Chinese meditative techniques which he uses to enhance his concentration or simply to relax himself.
- Stealth: Due to his excessive training he is also a master of stealth. He can sneak up on anyone without them noticing.
Insect-Man does not typically have any sort of weakness aside from his vulnerability to strong pesticides and insecticides because of his powers. (Formerly)
- Normal human weaknesses; although few have been eliminated due to his nerves and telekinesis.
- Insect-Man Suit (Formerly): Insect-Man's initial suit was considerably low-tech (when compared to his other suits and inventions), he used a special material invented by him called, "Specter clothe". This allowed his suit not get dirty during fights. Also, they can resist the tearing of his claws. The most impressive feature of this suit is its elasticity and the ability to phase through solid matter. This allowed Insect-Man to phase through harm/attacks and walk through walls. However, the suit did a little good against knives and bullets.
- Evil Slayer I/E.S. I (Destroyed): Evil-Slayer I is a special battle suit designed by Sagnik himself to compensate for his lack of inexperience as a superhero. The Evil Slayer is made with state of the art, cutting edge technology. It contains a sonic cannon attached on both of his gauntlets, these cannons can emit sound waves that will stun the target for weeks. The suit is extremely durable, was able to withstand a direct impact from a grenade launcher without any obvious harm coming to the wearer. It is also fully capable of deflecting bullets and does well against bladed weaponry. The suit has extra motors for movements, making the wearer capable of moving/running at great speeds (around 500 miles per hour). The suit is also heavily insulated against electric attacks and masks Insect-Man's heat signature; making it extremely hard for opponent(s) to locate Insect-Man even with infra-red. This suit also comes with a utility belt that contains cartridges of several tracers, guns, retractable tweezers, tranquilizer darts and tear gas. The suit also features two extensible forearm spikes that can be used to block attacks or simply stab people; was one used to cut an android in half. The evil slayer I also comes with a built in re-breather that can be used to breathe underwater but, it seemingly contains limited oxygen supply (for 10 minutes). The suit seems to have an anti-theft system. The suit can be only operated after eye-sight, voice and bio-electric signature of the wearer has been confirmed. If not then, the first defense layer causes the suit to completely shut down, in case that fails, the second layer electrocutes whatever its touching. While the third layer drastically heats up the suit making the wearer uncomfortable and forcing them to abandon the suit. However, since the suit is so heavy, the jet boots can only allow it to make giant leaps and not fly.
- Evil Slayer II (Unknown Status): The Evil Slayer II, better known as H.I.V.E. is the current battle suit utilized by Insect-Man. Unlike E.S. I, E.S II is powered by not one but four different energy cores. The suit has shown to be symbiotic in nature as such can be stored inside a bottle as liquid goo and then would later solidify and form an armor. Insect-Man made E.S. II after the alien invasion to ensure the protection of the world. It features the classic arm mounted sub-machine guns as well as arm mounted UV lasers. It has Night vision, infrared, UV and X-ray and is capable of hacking into radio communications. The suit has been witnessed to be completely fire-proof and the armor can shrug off bullets and tank shells like its nothing. This suit comes with jet boosters that allow Insect-Man to fly. The armor can also absorb electromagnetic energy once it finds the correct frequency of said energy. This suit is based off symbiote biology, so it doesn't rely on tech for the initial bonding process with its user, the start-up is completely psionic. The psionic bonding with the suit allows its user to control it remotely, and call for it with no needs of electronics. The suit itself can generate 100,000,000 volts of electricity and can also absorb limited amount of radiation. The suit has some resistance against radiation and sonics but isn't completely immune to their effects. The suit warps light and sound around it, rendering it invisible. Like the previous suit, it also can mask the wearer's heat signature and contains an utility belt. A self-cleaning electrostatic precipitation system allows for full Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Filtration. It also had an 8 minutes worth compressed air capacity, which helped in situations underwater. The armor can generate magnetic fields to pull or push metal objects at will. E.S. II gives the wearer enhanced endurance and agility and while inside his armor Insect-Man is capable of lifting 100s of tons. While it retains the ironic gauntlet blades (forearm spikes), they are no longer extensible and the two classic spikes have been replaced with smaller four spikes. The anti-theft system is pretty much same as before with the exception of the fact, even if the third layer fails, the fourth and final layer of the system would cause the armor to self destruct in ten seconds. The last known ability displayed by the armor is its ability to project holograms for distraction, or for downloading information.
- Shadow Suit (Currently): After the death of his mother, he switched to a better suit as well as changed his name to "Shadow X". The shadow suit is pretty much based on the same technology used in E.S. II. The suit is symbiotic in nature and acts according to Shadow X's will. The suit's primary ability is to ensure flexibility and mobility at the cost of least armor reduction. Like its name, its ability is to turn into a living, three-dimensional shadow by merging with its own shadow, turning it completely black. If the user wished he could merge whatever he is wearing with his shadow as well. He can turn any part or all of his body two-dimensional. While merged with his shadow, he is a being of darkness. As such he is immune to attacks that are darkness in origin. Much like his original Insect-Man suit, this suit can repair and clean itself. Has a built-in cloaking device that enables almost complete camouflage. Its only weakness is that he becomes visible if UV light is shined on him. It also offers some protection against small fire arms. Lastly, also features a wrist-mounted laser shooter capable of melting metal and stunning his opponents.
- Electric Batons: He carries a pair of two stun batons on his back as Shadow X. They are discharging of releasing enough electricity to pierce kevlar and even stop the heart of his enemies. Much like batons, they can be used as normal short ranged weapons.
- Grapnel Gun: A Hand-held devices that fire a grappling hook across far distances giving Insect-Man the window to make hasty escapes and climb high objects and buildings. The grapple lines can be lengthened and pulled back utilizing the buttons on the gun.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- He changed his name to Shadow X after figuring out that the name Insect-Man was too colorful.
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References