History of character is unknown.
Powers and Abilities
Homo Superior Physiology: Born with a particularly vibrant genetic abnormality, Scott hails from a distaff offshoot of the human race known as Homo Sapiens Superior. The anomaly begotten of his own DNA known as the X-Gene gives Mr. Summers supernatural abilities well beyond the regular ken of ordinary men. Powers which wouldn't come to bare sometime after he suffered from a traumatic experience some time back in his youth. Cyke's powers underwent various alterations and modifications throughout his wonder years as a costumed adventurer; modifications stemming from training in advanced mystic martial arts, exposure to the phoenix force and M'Krann Crystal and bonding with one of the Klyntar race to better stabilize his wayward abilities.
- Optic Blast: Cyclops possesses the mutant ability to project a potent ray of concussive, ruby-colored force from his eyes. The origin of Scott's powers are a mystery either coming from ambient energies (such as solar radiation, photons, and cosmic rays) absorbed and metabolized by his body into concussive blasts that are released from his eyes.
Or the fact that his mind possesses a psionic field which is maintained around his eyes which work as apertures that are connected to a non-Newtonian dimension that automatically shunts other-worldly particles from the other end of reality and beyond into the primary universe as hard concussive energy. Energy which is re-channeled back into its point of origin when the particles comprising them happen to collide with his body. Thus, Cyclops's physiology is protected from the effects of said particles, and even the thin membrane of his eyelids is sufficient to block the emission of energy. The synthetic ruby quartz crystal used to fashion the wears Cyclops' uses while out in the field or in day to day life (e.i. eyeglasses, uniform, contacts, visors and the like) work in resonant tandem with his minds' psionic field and is similarly protected.
The width of Cyclops' eye-blasts seems to be focused by his mind's psionic field with the same autonomic function that regulated his original eyes' ability to focus. As Cyclops focuses, the size of the aperture changes and thus act as a valve to control the flow of particles and beam's relative power. The height of Cyclops' eye-blast is controlled by his visor's adjustable slit. His narrowest beam, about the diameter of a pencil at a distance of 4 feet has a force of about two pounds per square inch. His broadest beam, about 90 feet across at a distance of fifty feet, has a force of about 10 pounds per square inch. His most powerful eye-blast is a beam four feet across which, at a distance of 50 feet, has a force of 500 pounds per square inch. The maximum angular measurement of Cyclops' eye-blast is equivalent to a wide-angle 35mm camera lens field of view (90 degrees measured diagonally, or the angle subtended by holding a magazine's pages spread open, upright at 9.5 inches from your eyes). The minimum angular measurement is equivalent to the angle that the thickness of a pencil would subtend at 4 feet (3.5 degrees, about a quarter of an inch viewed at 4 feet). The beam's effective range is about 2,000 feet, at which point a 1-inch beam has spread out to 10 feet square, and then has a pressure of .38 pounds per square inch. Cyclops' maximum force is sufficient to tip over a filled 5,000 gallon tank at a distance of 20 feet, or puncture a 1-inch carbon-steel plate at a distance of 2 feet.
The extra dimensional supply of energy for Cyclops' eye-blast is practically infinite. Thus, so long as Cyclops' psionic field is active (which is constant), there is the potential to emit energy. The only limit to the eye-blast is the mental fatigue of focusing constantly. After about 15 minute of constant usage, the psionic field subsides and allows only a slight leakage of energy to pass through the aperture. Cyclops' metabolism will recover sufficiently for him to continue in about an additional 15 minutes.
The maximum force of Cyclops' optic blasts are unknown, but a commonly given description is that he can "punch holes through mountains", and he has been shown to rupture a half-inch thick carbon steel plate. During a particular battle, Scott says that he hit Cain Marko (a.k.a. the Juggernaut) with enough power to split a small planet in half, though he may have been indulging in hyperbole. In the Age of Apocalypse dimension, his beams can cut through Adamantium, a previously indestructible metal. In the mainstream continuity of the Marvel Universe, it has also been implied that Cyclops only utilizes a fraction of the energies at his disposal. During the Civil War: X-Men story arc, Cyclops is controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When directed at the energy-absorbing mutant Lucas Bishop, Cyclops was able to overload Bishop's powers in a matter of seconds. When Iron Man measured Cyclops' power while he was powering Bishop, he found the energy output was well over 2 gigawatts, larger than that of a large nuclear reactor. It is also stated that Cyclops does not use his powers at such a level due to the preoccupation he has regarding his control (or lack thereof) of his abilities.
Cyclops once fought the Green Scar incarnation of the Hulk, using a beam blast to stop him, refusing to let the Hulk take Professor Xavier. While it peels off some of the Hulk's skin, he was able to walk towards Cyclops and clench his entire face, effectively containing the blast.
An after-effect of lifelong exposure to the crippling energies of the Phoenix Force, Scott's already unstable powers seemed to have altered beyond their original state of being. His optic blasts, although vastly more uncontrollable, are more powerful than ever so much so that he can eradicate a squadron of modified normal and man sized Sentinels in one blast and wound powerful mystic entities. A side effect of his damaged abilities causes his concussion beams to bend, weave, and arc in alternate directions, giving his blasts the appearance of multiple curving blasts spiraling around the core blasts and making his new optic laser even harder to dodge.
Thanks to a decade of training in the mystic city of K'un Lun, Cyclops learned to better channel his optic ray beams in conjunction with his mastery of Chi (the metaphysical energy within all living things) to acclimate a new fighting style which combines his mutant abilities with the propensity of his special CQC abilities.
Using his powers in tandem with his Chi and the unique makeup of his costume; Scott can deliver powerful blast waves in conjunction with his ragular fist to fist martial practice. Not only increasing the impact of his physical blows but delivering wide arcing or narrowly concentrated energy blast with every punch, kick, kneecap, elbow and/or backhand delivered on his part.
Through the union with his celestial partner, Scott can discharge multiple energy beams across any given point on his body at will. By an act of relocation of the legion of eyes dotting his body he can combine them to project far more powerful optic blasts through their unison than he and it can by they're lonesome.
- Trajectory Bending: Scott learned through hard experience and with the perfection of using his chi, that he can change the vector and/or velocity at which his visual blasts travel in. Enabling him to hard bank his eye blasts without need of using a solid surface to bounce his shots off of.
- Spatial Awareness: Cyclops possesses an uncanny sense of trigonometry, in this sense used to describe his observation of objects around himself and the angles found between surfaces of these objects. Cyclops has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to cause his optic blasts to ricochet and/or reflect off those objects in a trajectory to his liking. This is commonly called a "banked shot" when applied to this talent. Cyclops has been observed causing beams to reflect from over a dozen surfaces in the course of one blast, and still hit his intended target accurately. It is his sense of superhumanly enhanced spatial awareness that allows him to perform these feats as well.
- Energy Resistance: Cyclops is resistant to the effects of his own powers. This is linked to him being capable of withstanding his brother's ability with no ill effects, a result of their close genetics and a quirk of mutant genetics that is common among siblings.
- Projectile Shell: Thanks to his special suit designed in the mythical city as well as generated by his Symbiote. Crimson can wreath himself in ruby red energy whenever he channels his optic powers through it, enabling him to use this discharge function to propel himself like a hyper-velocity ramjet ala cannonball. Allowing him to fly around at near superluminal speeds in a similar manner to instant transmission. This form of locomotion as energy can reach point a to point be at a trillionth of a second faster than most means of modern transport. He can also use this facet to shoot his attacks forward at incredible speed, adding extra momentum behind his punches and kicks.
Chi Enhanced Physiology: Under the stewardship of Daniel Rand; fabled warrior whom defeated Shou-Lao the Undying in melee combat, Scott Summers learned to channel and redistribute chi throughout his body in a similar fashion to that of an immortal weapon from one of the eight mystical cities. Working this in conjunction with his Chi/Symbiote based abilities he can wield this mystic life force for various purposes in his career as a superhero, even using such skills to simulate titular move of K'un Lun's fabled champions; the Iron Fist. Learning from Daniel about the myriad ways in which each Iron Fist throughout history had learned to utilize the chi of Shou-Lao. Scott Summers figured out whole new techniques in which to compartmentalize his powers as a Homo Superior in collusion to his attributes as a martial artist over the coarse of time.
- Chi Augmentation: Through concentration, Lotus can harness his mystical chi to augment both physical and mental capabilities to immeasurable levels. Initially merely augmenting only his physical prowess to below to mid-level superhuman of the finest possible degree. To eventually reaching true superhuman grade fighting ability after further study with the Book of the Iron Fist, coupled with his myriad adventures wit the X-Men.
- Blast Fu Kenpo: By combining the raw ergokinetic power from which that his superhuman talent stems from with the preternatural physical life energies known as Ki. Red Lotus learned he can focus it in conjunction with his body in order to release potent discharges of Spiritual/Physical bursting energy as advanced melee discharge. He can draw upon this superhuman amalgam energy derived from the Punch Dimension his optic beams draw strength from; in congruence with the Ruby Quartz sliced M'Kraan shard material lining along his special suit and equipment in order to make his punches, kicks and other bodily blows inhumanly powerful on top of superhumanly resistant to physical injury and pain. This fighting stylus which Cyclops calls his "blast fu" does not involve physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling and fusion of concentrated natural/exotic energy. With his physique in such a state, Scott can shatter steel and diamond, strike adversaries with an extraordinary blend of both concussive and paraphysical force without sustaining injury and even rip through pure Adamantium barehanded. The force of this technique has rendered incredibly durable super powered beings such as the likes of Thanos unconscious, even going so far as to punch through and incapacitate the Adversary, a native american trickster demon with vast reality warping mysticism at his beck & call. Lotus's technique is so advanced that he can destroy a Shi'Ar superdestroyer class warship with a single punch, and he can even lay bloody siege to whole armies with a single sweep of wide swathing energy emitted from his kicks alone.
- Body Supremacy: Scott's mastery of his abilities coupled with his unison with the Klyntar has given him complete control over his physiology. Stemming all the way from the nervous system; enabling him to deaden himself to pain, operate his motor-skills even while under intoxication and modulate his own physical abilities. To resisting the effects of drugs, bacteria and/or poisons, slow down his own heart rate to fake death and pass lie detector tests as well as alternate the properties of his hemoglobin be it at the rate of which he bleeds or even changing it's chemical makeup to bestow various properties to it.
- Bio-Energy Manipulation: On top of the perpetual energy begotten from the dimensional apertures from his eyes coupled with the chi energy he'd unlocked within himself. Red Lotus can harness and manipulate his natural biophysical-energy, the all consuming forms of dynamism which are generated by or contained within a living body. Through this estranged process worked in unison with the Klyntar he accommodates, Mr. Summers can consciously change/alter/select the internal/external source of raw power to any other energy source he wishes. As long as a form of energy exists within his reach, Red can reformat his power source to that different energy source in order to adapt in battle and overcome perceived energy-based weaknesses. He can even remotely interact with other energy forms by matching output frequencies with said energy he wishes to interface with, thus enabling Cyke to treat any source of energy as if it were a shadow puppet which he can manipulate the shape and form of at will.
- Hypnotism: After studying from The Book of the Iron Fist from Danny Randall, Cyke has learned how to create various illusions and make his foes see what he wants them to see.
- Mind Fusion: He can use his Qi power to temporarily combine psyches with another person, resulting in a sharing of knowledge, emotions, and memories.
- Psychomimetic: To that extent, Red Lotus can initiate a form of telepathic knowledge replication, allowing him to mimic the skills, knowledge and experience of those whom he bonds with. Acquiring the mental and physical abilities, be it the understanding over a subject, foreign language, or mastery of other fighting styles with every conscious and subconscious minds that he links too. To keep the influx of information from overwhelming him However, Scott compartmentalizes his mindscape to various degrees so as too square away that excess knowledge in order to save it for later access. Designed as a defense mechanism to keep his heart and mind centered; allowing for the retention of personal stability.
- Energy Absorption: At times, Crimson has absorbed energy directed at himself and channeled it to augment his own physiological prowess.
- Energy Concentration: Red Lotus can project his Chi/Optic energy into ranged attacks via his physical melee. With enough mental acuity on his part, he can direct the length and width of the ray beams discharged from his person like a laser sight. Red can also transfer his Concussion Energy through his Chi into other objects for the purpose of formulating it around them to create veritable fabrications which give the effected item more power.
- Fused Manifestation: Crimson Lotus can concentrate his mixed energies as tangible shapes and forms to better articulate his attack patterns. Normally when he does this, Scott's output force manifests as a massive energized cross between a raptor (bird of prey) or a winged Baryonyx crossed with a dragon. Scott regularly projects his power as concentrated energy limbs which mimic his actions and motions, often manifesting his attacks as giant fists which have nearly triple the battering power of his regular concussion beams. These energy projections in their humanoid shapes boast vastly superior strength compared to the conjurer, able to knock around massive kaiju's or blast holes through a fleet of assault craft. They also make for even better conduits to further strengthen and concentrate his Phoenix/Chi/Crimson energy projections through, e.i. manifesting a giant version of his own head and discharging giant optic blasts with Scott himself at the center of them.
- F'er-Mi Battle Spheres: One of the greatest applications of his newfound phoenix Qi powers is the projection and manifestation of which as the focused totality of his chi. Thus allowing him to generate several unique energy spheres he calls DOTs (Divination Orbital/Tactical-scopes), something he'd realized when utilizing his powerset was that these strange spots often formed around his eyes while he withheld his powers in check. Scott learned that by channeling his spiritual quintessence into them he could animate the DOTs and send them flying around in any given direction he chose. Be it through solid objects, into water, through the air and then have them relay any information they pick up back and forth between them. Since they comprise of the same concussion energy of his eye beams, Scott can make them plow through anything and everything at the speed of light. They can rip & tear through any obstruction that they are faced with and can even fire energy beams out of their rounded forms at varying intensities on Lotu's command.
- DOTs Re-Calibration: Crimson can purpose the floating orbs comprising of his Ki energy for various other effects. Able to cycle energy between them to create rudimentary-complex geometric shapes as shielding or weaponry, focus his own optic beams through them consecutively to magnify blasting power or fire them in various odd angles, shift their polarity to either absorb or deflect other energy based attacks and transform them into portals leading in and out of his extra-dimensional power source to give himself vastly differentiated attack patterns. E.i. firing his optic beams through at odd angles, warp jumping to, from and between different gates, cloak himself in nexus energy to move at superluminal speeds by shifting the worlds dimensional venue around himself; generating a static field which repels everything he comes in contact with battering them into oblivion. Scott can also hang or affix himself to an open rift in order to fragment his own energy beams while deflecting and redirecting them in different forms. Scott can even put his own extremities through the ports in order to put them out the other side as multiple punches & kicks to strike from a sizable distance, or yank people through his portals into the endless space of concussive force to pummel them with it's crushing differential physics as only he can thrive within the alien space. Through his connection with his symbiote; Red Lotus could also change the size and expanse of his limbs and eye blasts while shooting them through the gates. Making all of his attacks larger and heavier hitting than normal by adjusting traveler valiance after passing through the expanse.
- Power Augmentation: Scott can use his blent energies to enhance the vitality or superpowers of others while in direct tactile contact with them. Displaying such enhanced abilities in chi conjunction with others via tracking them by chi signature alone and transferring the Qi energy from the entirety of a major urban area; e.i. New York City, into their spiritual center for the purpose of magnifying their powers & abilities beyond their original ken.
- Memory Condition: Lotus learned he can fuel his powers further by reading and assimilating chi either from the surrounding area by gleaning all manor of information and ancient knowledge he can from anything or anyone within his immediate vicinity. or he can access the Punch Dimension to interlink with other realities rich with the esoteric information he needs to embolden himself with. Essentially turning raw information into a viable energy source through learning everything he can from it. Thus leading to gaining new, greater levels of power from 'boning up' as it were.
- Size Manipulation: With a proper influx of Chi from across time, space and reality. Scott can temporarily augment his bodily mass and tissue density to partially or fully enlarge his body to colossal proportions, making his attacks stronger, enabling him to hit infinitely harder than normal.
- Energy Detection: Capable of detecting energy signatures. Even using it to narrow his focus on specific points in ferreting out faults and flaws as well as discerning the flow of Chi energy networks for the sake of understanding pressure point location.
- Dimensional Travel: Under certain circumstances, Scott can use his chi as a focus to sense and interact with nexus points to open pathways across vast distances; even ones stemming between dimensions.
- Heightened Awareness: Crimson can detect and perceive things well beyond the physical and ethereal sense through his mastery of Chi. Able to sense threats to his well-being in his immediate vicinity before they commence as well as possessing enhanced intuition in various regards beyond simple trigonometry and spatial coordination.
- Enhanced Senses: Scott has learned to use his Ki based powers to sharpen his senses beyond the regular norm, it remains unclear if it extends to superhuman level. But he can focus his sight & hearing to the point of being able to perceive the wing beats of a hummingbird as well as smell the baking of lemon apple pie being made a couple blocks away.
- Empathy: Red Lotus has learned that he can also project, feel and understand the emotions/feelings/intentions of people and animals. Able to broadcast his own feelings in order to influence another's emotions psionically.
- Enhanced Speed: He can increase his speed allowing him to dodge or catch bullets. Without the use of chi, he can run up to 45 mph.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Red's reflexes is enhanced to greater levels than normal humans. He can react fast enough to dodge lasers.
- Enhanced Durability: Scott can generate a chi/concussive-based "aura" radiating from his body to protect himself from both energy and blunt force trauma to a varied degree. Making himself more resilient against physical damage in the long run during battle.
- Self Healing: In the event of sustaining injury or illness, Red can focus his amalgamated energies into himself for the purposes of healing and mending his body. It was this utility of his Chi that set Summers on the path to regulating the handicap which prevented him from properly controlling his mutant powers; gaining more and more credence over it's activation and deactivation in due time. His proliferation of this skill is so prominent that he managed to save his own life even while on the brink of death after a battle with the M'Kraan Crystal guardians Jahf and Modt. Daniel once recounting to his student that "the Iron Fist is not a weapon but a force of will which could perform miracles including healing oneself," Taking such wisdom to heart is what enabled Scott to steadily fix himself and reorder his life. By focusing enough he can expedite the purging of toxins and infections from his own body, albeit at the expense of extreme pain. He has even done so on a subconscious level, contributing to his underlying desire of getting himself and his broken proclivities under control noting how he doesn't feel as drained in doing so erstwhile. Scott can even channel this healing energy into other people in order to speed up their recovery.
- Superhuman Longevity: Possibility of a slowed aging process much like his predecessor Mr. Rand.
- Environmental Adaptation: Through focus and meditation, Scott can sustain himself for extended periods of time in hostile environments if need be. By supplementing his cells with Chi/Punch energy he can temporarily simulate a state of self-sustanance in order to eliminate the need for nourishment in the harsh vacuum of space or the lethal atmosphere of foreign planets.
- Magic Immunity: After having been transported to another dimension by his fusing with the Symbiote at the site of the M'Kraan Crystal, one of many manifestations of the White Phoenix of the Crown, his lover Jean Grey appeared before him. After an undisclosed date and time, she sent him back to Earth, now dawning his fusion with a primordial symbiote provided by the Phoenix gave Cyclops immunity to magic.
Primordial M'Quartz Symbiote: An alien entity begotten from the primordial divinity known as Knull, Scott's travels across the cosmos would bring him into contact with an alien entity which would graft itself to his nervous system sometime after his leaving earth. Before it latched itself onto Scott however, the parasitic being would eventually find itself in Shi'Ar space on the throneworld where the M'Kraan crystal resides. Somehow absorbing a piece of the all-powerful relics substance into itself after it came in contact with it's magnificence, the symbiot would graft the ruby quartz substance in Scott's prior costume with it's own amorphic gem-like semblance in order to better accommodate the powers of it's host once upon it's symbiotic relationship with Summers. A lingering reaction caused by all the phoenix energy residue resting within Cyclops's being, seemingly caused the symbiote to undergo a profound transformation from within. Not only did fusing with the chi enhanced individual whom could access an alt. universe of raw power alter both the foreign entity and it's host, but the M'Kraan substance embalmed by the Phoenix's quintessence remnant transformed it into a Grendel class klyntar. Fundamentally changing Scott at profound degree making his natural mutant abilities much stronger; as well as putting them under his direct control. While the creature boned to him could now access the Nexus of all Realities through it's fusion with the host. The influx of dynamism making the duo more powerful than a great many mighty marvel solicitors to date. The symbiote grants Scotty the following powers:
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Senses
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Durability
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Symbiotic Expansion and Psychic Control: Crimson can use his klyntar to interact with and suborn the consciousnesses of others via symbiotic caste-offs; able to bond people and animals to his symbiote in order to create more codices to harvest and to turn them into minions he can control. Through access to Scotts blended energies, his second skin has been shown to be capable of expanding it's biomass in order to spread through entire towns to massive urban or potentially continental environs for the sake of commandeering native populaces and their habitats as an extension of his will.
- Genetic Memory
- ESP Immunity:
- 360° Senses: Scott's symbiote enables him to see, touch, taste, smell and hear out of each and every individual cell/genetic chain on his corporeal being. This enables him to utilize his mutant abilities both in an offensive manner to project thousands of optic beams from around his body all at once or combine cellular optics for emitting massive optic blasts, defensive manner in protecting himself from microbial infection to compound on his natural immune system with a laser defense grid. Not to mention for piercing the veil of visual obscuration like invisibility or other perception disrupting means. As well as supportive means in which he can elongate and extend his symbiotic mass in order to absorb sensory input even from a remote location.
- Panoptic Blasts: Via his fullbody coat of multitudinous sensory organs, Cyclops can discharge a plethora of hard hitting energy beams which carry the regular kick of a standard optic energy blast. He can fire them from any given point of origin along his dermal layer or can just as easily discharge them from within his ventricles, blood vessels and bone marrow without fear of rupturing himself from the inside out as this takes advantage of Scott's natural immunity to his own powers. Crimson Lotus can even conjugate his individual cellular eye in unison with one another to create far more powerful energy beams by working their force emission in tandem with eachother. By bending their trajectories Scarlet Blossom can even massive energy spiral bursts by coiling multiple blasts fired from along his different body parts into a larger; more powerful ray pulse.
- Constituent-Matter Generation: Scott can generate tentacle-like appendages from various parts of his body, which he often uses either in combat situations or to restrain someone. He can also form a detachment of such mass for the purpose of reusing it later on. Ordinarily, such fabrications tend to disintegrate after being separated from the main body after a half a minuet, But the excess juice channeling through a Wireless Energy Transferal between the suit and it's wearer enables these phage creations to last as long as Scott needs them too.
- Offshoot Generation: Its constituent living abyss is capable of being separated into individual symbiotes that can be bonded to other potential hosts. When bonded to Scott Summers, it can bond to the very genetic structure of an individual giving them an artificial X-Gene not too dissimilar to the pharmaceutical element known as Mothervine. These X-biotes enable Crimson to infect targets and assert control over them, turning the individual into pseudo mutant/klyntar Doppelgängers with abilities he can modulate on the fly. Also in a similar vein to The Grendel symbiote, the M'Kraan symbiote is also capable of reanimating if not outright resurrecting the dead, much in a similar process to The Five of Krakoa's resurrection process. Using unharvested symbiote eggs to rapidly gestate fetal genetics, employing the M'Kraan/Phoenix enriched Chi to make them viable for genetic re-genesis, before using his mastery of symbiont genetics to kickstart biological reproduction at an accelerated rate. Using his symbiotes extra-reality warping abilities to manipulate relative space/time to accelerate the genetic materials growth to any desired age. Before finally uploading the consciousness of the designated individual through technorg interfacing upload through psychogenic imprint. Super imposing the essential self and anima of whomever or whatever race it is Scott seeks to resurrect. Cletus bonded offshoots of the symbiote to inmates at Ravencroft Institute, turning them into a horde of four-armed monsters; and to Norman Osborn, turning him back into Carnage.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation: Mr. Summers can morph sections of his body, such as his hands or feet, into various shapes & forms like weaponry, shielding or ranged artillery such as chain guns, grenades or laser turrets. Crimson can also funnel his Optic energy through any constituent material to give his detachments and energized bite to their deadliness. Scott can also extrude energized wings from his being in order to exploit the Symbiote's extra-dimensional mass shifting abilities. Enabling him to fly across interstellar distances in a short time via combining it's natural pocket dimensional shifting abilities with the altered physics of the ruby red dimension Scott derives his powers from.
- Symbiote and Codex Absorption/Augmentation: After fabricating his offshoots and blending them with the populace to generate a symbiote codex. Cyclops can just as easily re-absorb the codices of other symbiote carriers without quenching their lives or outright absorb the entire symbiote back into himself and his other, Red is able to strengthen the Grendel like symbiote; and in turn himself, by tapping into the interconnected symbiote hive-mind. Incrementally making him more powerful with every codex assimilated from across creation by integrating both the natural and artificial superhuman capacities instilled into them. Imprinting the consumed codices of superpowered hosts into his synthetically created primordial symbiote to temporarily imbue their unique powers and abilities upon themselves. Strengthening his other to the point where both it and the wearer effectively becomes a gestalt god as a whole. Through his mastery of manipulating symbiote codices, not only can Scott give mutation based superpowers to living entities. But he can even bestow SPB based modifications on lifeless items or create A.I. based intellects to host them. Fabricating equipment, weaponry and/or armor with which he can bestow fantastical meta-mutation manifests onto the item in question. Creating a sentient slew superpowered cityscapes, fabricating an X-Jet with the combined and even recombination of abilities pertaining to differing infected superhumans and so much more.
- Night Vision
- Divine Detection: Through the Symbiote, Scott can feel the presence of godly essence from a few galaxies away and track them from their last point of interest to their latest destination.
- Divine Siphoning: Whilst in battle with the divine, Red Lotus's Klyntar enables him to steadily drain their power and immortality away into himself. Making their bond and individual power set that much stronger with each new divinity they slay.
- Divine Slaying: With the power of the primal dark coupled with the energies of the phoenix. Scott can slaughter, butcher and/or otherwise massacre anything between godly or immortal with relative ease.
- Claws & Fangs
- Telepathy Immunity
- Empathetic Empowerment
- Amalgamorphing: Scott's symbiote can spread and infect inanimate matter with it's own symbiotic constitution in order to increase it's own quintessential substance and mass. Enabling both the symbiote and it's host to physically incorporate extra substance into it's shape and form in order to create larger and sturdier reformative semblances. To that end his other can take any broken-down item of interest into itself to remake it into something operational again. Giving whatever they are merged with greater reinforcement via its constituent matter; but also the resemblance and facilities of a feral symbiotic entity.
- Techno-Organic Symbiosis: The symbiote enables Scott to interface with even the most advanced of technologies. By fusing its biomass with more mechanized devising around it, the M'Quartz symbiote can seize control of them, assimilating any new technologies into itself becoming a hive mechanic Mass of impressive computational power. Italso enables them to techno-organically fuse with other people by bonding bits & pieces of itself with other sentient beings so as to reach into and upload/download knowledge, memories and share it's sensory abilities with other cognitive entities on a genetic level.
- Tesseract Kata: Every Klyntar each possess a biophysical pocket dimension locked within their living dark mass represented by the Symbiote Hive Mind. All of which needing a living host in order too maintain an anchor within the intricate space-time fabric of any reality they're set in. Within this subspace lies the interconnected chain of DNA codices that are woven and super-imprinted upon an infinitely spanning extra-dimensional lattice of the symbiote's being. Said information expanse is used to download/upload and safeguard millennia worth of genetic templates pertaining to an infinite number of hosts who adorned their respective second skins; information which can be shared through the klyntar 'Hive Genetics', giving Mr. Summers an varied and vastly diverse selection of transhumanoid eugenic signatures which he can implement into themselves. Another additional facet to this limitless cloud space is the ability to weaponize the Symbiotes inborn hammer space, by unfolding his other's engrammatic storage physiology Scott could unleash planet-galaxy destroying antimatter like weaponry through opening up his internalized reality up in regular reality. Given how stable orbits are impossible to maintain in regions with more than three dimensions; subatomic particles included, neither pre-existent matter nor energy could co-exist with the intradimensional structure he/it/they were releasing before the wider cosmos. Annihilating everything within its path, shredding through anything and everything laying before this deadly technique for trillions to decillions of miles around. Such a process is incredibly traumatic and unnerving for the Symbiote and it's host however, as the tactic of evulsing the Klyntar's tesseract runs the risk of rending themselves asunder across the myriad dimensional planes and their adjacent universes as a consequence.
- Bioverse Creation/Destruction: In an Anihilargenesistoriafimiaorgosticistic event, Scarlet Blossom can pull a powerful and deadly sacrificial move which is both incredibly beneficial and costly to the union. Through a full internal/external rending of personal being; the Symbiote's tesseract inner universe rapidly expands from it's personal being into a whole new full-cognizant bioverse with it;s own personalized Space-Time and Reality within. Depositing the yotta bytes of gene stock engrammatic databases pertaining to everything about everyone whom adorned a Klyntar which made them and their unions unique within said existence. Spontaneously eradicating everything in a given set continua only to overwrite it with an entirely new one with every iota of which possesses a consciousness of it's own which is encoded into it's very sub-molecular structure. Giving not only the individual higher lifeforms whom call said living eternity vast endopathic abilities, but bestowing a Genius Loci like collective consciousness upon everything inside of this whole new existence. Such a truly unique reality can be used for a myriad of all but inconceivable functions beyond the ken of mortals and/or gods alike.
|Power Grid |
|* Chi Augmentations
Higher levels due to union with his Primordial Symbiote
- Peak Human Physical Conditioning: Scott is an Olympic-level athlete and gymnast.
- Meditation: Mr. Summers is a master of meditation and relaxation techniques. He can enter a trance-like state to ignore pain and slow his heart rate.
- Master Martial Artist: Scott is a master of K'un-Lun's martial arts and is proficient in many other forms of Earth martial fighting techniques, including but not limited to: Kunlunquan, Shaolinquan, Fujian White Crane, Judo, Aikido, Wing Chun, Ninjutsu, Muay Thai, Karate, Boxing and even loose street fighting tactics. In his travels, he has expanded his access to the melee combat knowledge towards a host of alien hand to hand fighting stances. Even while temporarily blinded, he's able to best a small enclave of purifier, sapien league, reavers and MRD soldiers in an enclosed space, even without the usage of his chi and/or mutant abilities. Even by K'un Lunnan standard Red Lotus is considered skilled in unique chi based techniques, such as the "Dragon Talon's style" that enables him to penetrate and disrupt the submolecular bonds in dense materials which enables him to break apart and de-stabalize incredibly dense substances, impenetrable defesnes or even pierce the invulnerability of most superhumans. He is one of the greatest martial artists on Earth; as well as in a few different space sectors having held his own against the likes of Shang Chi and the Champion of the Universe. Scott has also fought and held his own over astute combat practitioners; the likes of Mister X, Black Widow, Omega Red, Black Panther, Nightthrasher, Daredevil, Wolverine, and Electra. He also possesses infinite ways to kill a man, such as the Black-Black Poison Touch which uses his chi to kill anyone in the close vicinity.
- Weapons Master: Lotus is highly adept in the use of almost all weaponry forms be they melee or ranged.
- Pressure Point/Stress Point Locator: Scott has trained his powers to an extent that he can sense and exploit the different areas on a body which are sensitive to applied focus. Through such insight he can utilize these area strikes to incapacitate, paralyze, severely injure, or kill a person. On base matter, Scott can utilize this to strike at the right spot of an object or bulwark in order to cause it's decomposition at an atomic level. Similar to the way of how Karnak can exploit the flaw in all things. So skilled is mister Summers in such techniques, that he has shown himself to be capable of landing pressure point attacks on the likes of Ricochet in combat.
- Master Acrobat: Red Lotus combines his Blast Fu with his natural agility to accomplish extreme acrobatics this side of Spider-Man or Nightcrawler.
- Xenolingual: His travels across Earth and the wider galaxy have bestowed Scott with fluency in the K'un-Lun, Shi-Ar, Chinese, Kree, Japanese, Brood and Korean dialects.
- Expert Pilot: Cyclops is an expert pilot of fixed-wing aircraft, a skill he shares with his father. It has also been implied that his trigonometric sense improves his abilities in the air.
- Master Tactician and Strategist: Even before his extensive training in martial arts, Red has spent most of his superhero career as the leader of either the X-Men or X-Factor and has developed exceptional leadership skills. It is notable that regardless of their general attitude towards him, all of the X-Men tend to obey his orders in battle - because they know that he is usually right.
- Telepathic Resistance: Years of being in intimate situations with telepaths have allowed Cyke to hone his mind to the point where he can resist telepathic intrusion and withhold certain information from high level mentalists.
Equipment: Cyclops' Visor: The special goggles Scott wore prevented random discharge in the past through its ruby quartz crystal lining. Incorporating two longitudinally mounted flat lenses which can lever inward providing a constantly variable exit slot of 0 inches to .79 inches in height and a constant width of 5.7 inches. The inverted clam-shell mechanism is operated by a twin system of miniature electrical motors. As a safety factor their is a constant positive closing pressure provided by springs. The mask itself is made of high-impact plastic. There is an overriding finger-operated control mechanism on either side of the mask, and normal operation is through a flat micro-switch installed in the thumb of either glove.(Formerly)
A separate pair of lenses were also designed for Scott to use while sleeping. He also used "emergency ruby quartz contacts".
Cyclops' X-Suit: The costume Cyclops wore in the past was designed for full body protection and ideological identification with the public. Marketing him as a superhero like his fellow compatriots, the suits material incorporated Kevlar, which is fire retardant and bullet proof among other defensive properties. His uniform also offered a certain level of resistance to electric shocks, force impacts, and others basic types of attacks. The gloves of which held special circuitry lined along the palm to act as a remote transmitter which controlled and modulated how far the lens lining in his visor flipped open or closed shut. Modifications done onto his suit by the seamstresses at K'un Lun incorporated his revolutionary era suit with the fashion of flexible Ruby Quartz lining which ran all along the top of the head, along the sides of the shoulder, triceps and forearms, with a thin streaking of the crystal substance rolling down the legs and opening beneath the pads of the feet. Through which, the costume relayed simple electro-receptor signals from Cyclops' mind to filter out opaquity of his crystal lining to will the channeling and release of his optic blast from any given part of his body at will.(Formerly)
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Necroswords: The deadly incisor known far and wide as abyssal Annihilablade's are edged weaponry formed out of Knull's living abyss. Many if not all Klyntar throughout totality have the capacity to create their own godkilling planet cleaver's though they are usually manifest as a separate objects over as an extension of a wielder's body, like most symbiotes, Cyke's own Other has the ability to create metaphysically charged necroblades that not only have the power to gore and slay the divine but cleave at the very fabric of the universe itself. As with it's source creation, the Necrosword itself is in fact a morph weapon able to take on whatever shape & form their wielders desire at the time. Their main property is to rip and tear through almighty entities but with the fleshing out of phoenix, red blast and chi energies running through it's edge. Scott Summers can utilize his world slicers to shred through galaxies, if not whole realities in a single stroke.
Phoenix Battery: Using his unique linkage to the phoenix force through the M'Krann crystal, Mr. Summers learned how to create makeshift artillery fire which condenses the flame raptors destructive quintessence as highly lethal supergunnery. Ordinarily using such a battlement has the lethal after effect of killing it's weaponer as nothing mortal can survive discharging even a fragment of the all powerful firebird's core being. But thanks to the added resilience bestowed upon Red Lotus through his union with a cosmic Symbiote and essential physical mastery of self. Scott has become resistant, if not outright immune to the debilitating effects of the lethal sabot. Scott has tailored his bullets with the recreational nature of the force, instead of merely having the power to shatter stars, planets and galaxies in a single stroke. They also have the innate quality of rebirthing whole new existences from their decimated remains. Resurrecting dead or dying universes as fully cognizant bioverses which share qualities similar to a mesh of phoenix and klyntar like qualities to which the creator is linked too.
- No special notes.
- ↑ Amazing Comics: X-Men Vol 1 1
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Scott Summers (Earth-533X)
- Character Gallery: Scott Summers (Earth-533X)
- Quotations by Scott Summers (Earth-533X)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References