Scott was the youngest child of a rather average family. Growing up, Scott was close with his older brother, Alex and the two had a relatively normal childhood.
Until in 2007, Alex, now fifteen-years-old's mutant powers manifested although this did not change Scott's view of his brother. The mutant Charles Xavier would come to Scott's house and offer Alex a place at his school where mutants can find safety and solitude while learning to control their powers, Alex would enroll at his school and leave home. Scott would go on to miss his brother dearly.
In 2013, Scott, now a sophomore, is in school learning about the Mole Man Invasion. During class, his eyes start to bother him causing him discomfort. Scott then asks the teacher if he could go to the bathroom, Scott hides himself in a cubicle and suddenly a red beam emits from Scott's eyes destroying the bathroom he is currently in.
Alex, now a graduate of Xavier's School returns home after hearing of his brother's ability. At the request and concern of his parents, they ask Alex to take Scott to Xavier's School for his own safety. After arriving in Westchester, he would go on to meet and develop a crush on Jean Grey, he would meet Charles Xavier and agree to join the school.
In 2014, after the Mole Man Invasion and Attack of Ultron and the growing threat of Magneto's terrorist attacks, Xavier would form a team of his top students and send them into the field to protect humanity and stop Magneto and would assign Scott as the field leader of the team.
Encounter with Magneto
On a seemingly quiet day at the X-Mansion. The X-Men and other Mutants were enjoying a peaceful day and were involved in bonding activities, like playing baseball and hosting a barbeque. That night, Wolverine would suffer a nightmare that would trigger a memory of the Weapon X project, Logan would go to confide Professor Xavier about this and would ask for help in recovering his memories. Xavier reached inside what was left of Logan's shattered memories, Xavier learned of the Weapon X project located deep in the mountains of Alps.
Xavier ordered the X-Men to accompany Logan on his journey in the X-Jet. Upon arriving at the abandoned Weapon X facility and entering its interior, Iceman would comment that this description seems familiar to a conspiracy theory on a S.H.I.E.L.D. base, Cyclops would then go on to comment if S.H.I.E.L.D. did this to him. Wolverine would then suffer a flashback of Vibranium being laced to his bones and notices a Hydra symbol on one of the scientists. Wolverine then confirms Hydra may have had something to do with this as well.
Suddenly Wolverine would smell others in the facility, with Jean Grey confirming that she can hear the chatter of other minds. Wolverine then comments on a familiar scent until he is attacked by a man with a mohawk and a black tattoo on his left arm with claws similar to Wolverine's. The two engage in a brief fight until a voice in the distance orders the attacker to stop, Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants would then enter the scene. Magneto would then greet the X-Men mockingly and accurately guesses that the X-Men are here to help Wolverine regain his memories, Wolverine asks who the man with the mohawk is and why he has claws like Logan's. The man with the mohawk laughs maniacally and reveals himself to be Wolverine's brother; Sabretooth.
Magneto then notices Quicksilver and asks Quicksilver if it's really him, confused Quicksilver asks what he is talking about. Magneto then asks what his name is to which Quicksilver tells him his name, tears begin streaming down his face, Scarlet Witch becomes confused and asks her father what is wrong to which Magneto reveals, Pietro is his son. Pietro and Wanda are shocked but they also begin crying, Magneto is relieved that he has finally found his son and asks him to join him, Pietro then becomes conflicted and wonders if this is what he should do. The X-Men and Brotherhood plead with Quicksilver to join/stay with their cause, Quicksilver then comes to the decision that he won't abandon his friends and that his father and sister have hurt innocent people and won't be a part of it. Enraged and heartbroken, Magneto orders his Brotherhood to attack the X-Men.
The battle would eventually come to a stalemate after Quicksilver injures Scarlet Witch and Magneto, being a concerned father retreats. The X-Men return to the X-Mansion revealing the news to Xavier. This battle would go on to leave the X-Men shaken and changed after this.
A month after the encounter with Magneto, the X-Men discover an intruder on Xavier's estate. The X-Men suit up to battle the intruder only to be defeated quickly and easily by him, the intruder then reveals himself to be Cable and that he is here to help. The X-Men then take Cable to Xavier and Xavier confirms that Cable is indeed there to help while also revealing he's from the future and the son of Scott and Jean. Now trusting Cable, Cable then informs Xavier and the X-Men that in the future, Galactus arrives and defeats Earth's superheroes and creates a hellish future. The X-Men then ask how are they supposed to defeat him to which Cable explains that this time the world's superheroes will be prepared for him and that they all had to unite against Galactus
Arrival of Galactus
After Cable's revelation, Professor X contacts Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. detailing him of what has transpired and Cable's revelation. Nick Fury tells Xavier to send his X-Men to the Triskelion, and also bring the Cable.
When Galactus arrives, Fury sends Cyclops and the X-Men with the help of the Avengers and Fantastic Four into the field to distract Galactus while Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Reed Richards work on a way to stop him once and for all. When they arrive into the city and start battling Galactus, Hulk, Thor and the Thing are the heaviest hitters and causing the most damage to Galactus until he blasts them with cosmic energy causing Hulk to revert into Banner and Thor and the Thing to be knocked unconscious. Without their heavy hitters the three teams are decimated by Galactus' powers. As Galactus is about to kill the three teams, the Invisible Woman protects them with a psionic shield bubble but is diminishing her strength. Silver Surfer and Cable arrive to help, Cable is quickly knocked out but Silver Surfer gives Galactus a run for his money, realising he can't defeat Galactus alone, Silver Surfer retreats and uses an untapped power the allows him to teleport himself, the other superheroes (including Spider-Man and Daredevil) back to the Triskelion.
Silver Surfer warns Nick Fury that Galactus sees them as a threat now and will be coming for them. Stark, Pym and Richards notify Cyclops and the other heroes that they have discovered a dimension called the Negative Zone that has no life in it and if they could create a wormhole and find a way to push him inside of it, they can defeat him. Quicksilver then notifies them that if they know how to build it and tell him how to build it, he'll use his superspeed to get it built fast, Stark, Pym, Reed and Banner then begin brain storming on how to create a device that can create wormholes.
Suddenly, Galactus arrives and attacks the Triskelion. Cyclops and the heroes begin battling Galactus to hold him off while the brains attempt to blueprint a wormhole device. After a long battle the heroes are defeated by Galactus but luckily the brains have come up with a way of creating a portal device, they wake up Quicksilver to build the mission, although Quicksilver will need a distraction, Banner transforms into the Hulk in a berserker rage and begins pounding Galactus. From looking at the blueprints, Quicksilver builds the device and activates it creating a wormhole. Hulk with a limited understanding keeps on punching Galactus in the direction of the wormhole and attempts to push him into it, as Galactus falls into the wormhole he grabs the Hulk and with no way to escape his fate seems to be sealed.
Until Silver Surfer zooms in and tackles Galactus into the wormhole going inside with him. Quicksilver quickly shuts down the device closing the wormhole forever, after successfully averting the dystopian future Cable hails from, he begins fading from existence. As he is fading, Cable thanks Daredevil, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iceman and Quicksilver for being a family to him when no one else would in the future and he tells Cyclops and Marvel Girl that he loves them and hopes to see them again soon. Jean would be devastated at her son fading from existence, this would also effect Scott as he would comfort her while she is bawling her eyes out.
A few weeks later, Jean would lock herself in her room, scarred over losing her son who she never got to know. Scott was also hurt but wanted to give her her space so he went to New York to help rebuild it alongside the other X-Men.
In the months following the Galactus Event, the X-Men would go through huge changes. The media would praise the X-Men for helping defeat Galactus, some people have opened up to living alongside mutants, the X-Men received new uniforms and the X-Men would gain new teammates; Nightcrawler, Shadowcat and Beast. Although Scott and Jean were still upset over the loss of Cable, and Wolverine hadn't returned from his leave of absence. Scott and Jean would also enter a relationship.
One day the X-Men were contacted by the new King of Wakanda T'Challa Udaka aka the Black Panther for help against Ulysses Klaue and some mercenaries who had come to Wakanda to steal Vibranium. On the X-Jet to Wakanda, Storm would seem...silent, the others would notice this and Quicksilver would ask her what's wrong which would lead Cyclops to inform Quicksilver that Wakanda is Storm's home and she is worried, although Storm would tell the rest of the team that that wasn't only what she was nervous about, she would then tell the team of her and T'Challa's history before she joined the X-Men and before he became King.
Upon arriving to Wakanda, the X-Men would be greeted with hostility from the natives, even Storm couldn't keep the heat down until T'Challa, in his Black Panther gear, would order his guards off and welcome the X-Men to Wakanda. Black Panther would take them into the city and brief them on Klaw's partners, they were the Juggernaut, the Radioactive Man, Batroc the Leaper and the Black Knight and tell them that he had received intel detailing that Klaw and his mercenaries were planning on attacking the Royal City.
After a day of relaxation, rest and being treated well by the Wakandans. The X-Men were ready to help defend the Royal City from Klaw, when Klaw and his mercenaries arrived the Black Panther would go on to fight Klaw on his own while the X-Men would combat the mercenaries. The X-Men would eventually defeat the mercenaries and save the Royal City, shortly after Black Panther would return with Klaw's unconscious body and thank the X-Men for helping him and declared them friends and allies to Wakanda.
Powers and Abilities
- Optic Blast: Cyclops possesses the mutant ability to project a powerful beam of concussive, ruby-colored force from his eyes. Cyclops's powers were originally believed to be ambient energies (such as solar radiation, photons, and cosmic rays) absorbed and metabolized by his body into concussive blasts that are released from his eyes. However, the energy supply of his optic blasts are later revealed to originate from a non-Einsteinian universe that opens up whenever he uses his optic blasts.
- Spatial Awareness: Cyclops possesses an uncanny sense of trigonometry, in this sense used to describe his observation of objects around himself and the angles found between surfaces of these objects. Cyclops has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to cause his optic blasts to ricochet and/or reflect off those objects in a trajectory to his liking. This is commonly called a "banked shot" when applied to this talent. Cyclops has been observed causing beams to reflect from over a dozen surfaces in the course of one blast, and still hit his intended target accurately. It is his sense of superhumanly enhanced spatial awareness that allows him to perform these feats as well.
- Energy Resistance: Cyclops is resistant to the effects of his own powers. This is linked to him being capable of withstanding his brother's ability with no ill effects. This is a result of their close genetics, a quirk of mutant genetics that is common among siblings.
- Expert Pilot: Cyclops is an expert pilot of fixed-wing aircraft, a skill he shares with his father. It has also been implied that his trigonometric sense improves his abilities in the air.
- Master Tactician and Strategist: Cyclops has spent most of his superhero career as the leader of either the X-Men and has developed exceptional leadership skills. It is notable that regardless of their general attitude towards him, all of the X-Men tend to obey his orders in battle - because they know that he is usually right.
- Expert Martial Artist: Cyclops also has extensive training in martial arts and unarmed combat, holding black belts in judo and aikido. His level of skill is sufficient to defeat six normal men with his eyes closed, and he has in the past held his own against dangerous hand-to-hand enemies such as Wolverine.
- Telepathic Resistance: Years of being in intimate situations with Jean Grey have allowed Cyclops to hone his mind to the point where he can resist telepathic intrusion and withhold certain information from high level telepaths.
Cyclops possesses the strength of a normal human male who engages in intensive regular exercise and hence is able to press lift at least his own body-weight.
- Power Regulation Disability: Due to psychological trauma and physical injury at a young age, Cyclops is unable to control his optic blasts. In connection, his eyes have become more reliant on the ruby quartz he uses rather than affecting change to the injury.
- Cyclops' Visor: The mask Scott wears to prevent random discharge is lined with powdered ruby quartz crystal. It incorporates two longitudinally mounted flat lenses which can lever inward providing a constantly variable exit slot of 0 inches to .79 inches in height and a constant width of 5.7 inches. The inverted clam-shell mechanism is operated by a twin system of miniature electrical motors. As a safety factor their is a constant positive closing pressure provided by springs. The mask itself is made of high-impact plastic. There is an overriding finger-operated control mechanism on either side of the mask, and normal operation is through a flat micro-switch installed in the thumb of either glove.
- A separate pair of lenses were also designed for Scott to use while sleeping.
- He also used "emergency ruby quartz contacts".
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Scott was born in 1997.
- Scott suffered a severe head injury as a child that would later effect Scott's ability to control his mutant ability as a teenager.
- Before discovering his mutant ability, Scott had planned on becoming a lawyer.
- Appearances of Scott Summers (Earth-1111)
- Character Gallery: Scott Summers (Earth-1111)
- Quotations by Scott Summers (Earth-1111)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References