Scott Lang got his girlfriend pregnant at the age of 16 and in an unlikely turn of events, he ended up keeping their daughter, Cassie. He was an electrical engineer, and when his daughter got sick from a rare disease, he badly needed money for the expensive medical treatment, and A.I.M. offered him money in exchange of Hank Pym's Pym Particles.
Lang was stealing Pym's Ant-Man suit and Pym Particles until the Heroes for Hire Luke Cage and Iron Fist confronted him. After telling Pym his story, Hank and the Heroes for Hire decided to help Scott with the money and Pym gave him the Ant-Man title.
Despite his criminal activity Lang is a man of honor, good morals and justice (though to the point of being stubborn); it was this that led him to his break-in at Pym's Lab. Scott's sense of honor also made him determined to go straight upon his release from prison, and only going back to criminal activities upon no other choice.
Scott also had a drive to prove himself worthy, as he felt he didn't deserve the admiration of his daughter Cassie. In fact, Scott was initially unwilling to take up the mantle of Ant-Man from Hank due to his own fears of having used the suit. But upon a chat with the former hero, Scott realized he had a chance to become the hero that his daughter already thought he was.
Powers and Abilities
- Pym Particles Ant-Man is able to reduce himself to the size of an ant, approximately one-half inch in height, by means of a rare group of sub-atomic particles, the source of which is as yet unknown, which he is able to contain in magnetic-field "canisters" (the shape of the magnetic lines of force were made visible by the confined particles, whose concentration caused them to behave like a gas).
- These particles, whose wavelength is in the mental range when released, allow Ant-Man to will himself and other objects to reduce in size or enlarge. The mechanics involved having most of the mass of the nucleus of each affected atom convert into energetic particles which take up orbit around the nucleus - thus, although gravitons do not affect these particles, the mass of the original volume remains intact.
- This means a punch delivered by the half-inch high Ant-Man would feel like the blow of a normal-sized man. Ant-Man's reducing particle has no time limit to its potency.
- Lang has demonstrated the ability to change sizes without application of Pym particle gas.
Ant-Man possessed the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engaged in moderate regular exercise. At small size, his is compact and at large size are enhanced.
- Ant-Man's Suit
- Ant-Man's Helmet
- Ant-Man's Wrist Gauntlets
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Scott Lang (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Scott Lang (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Scott Lang (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References