In the early 1900's, Jeimuzu is the son of a wealthy family of Japanese descent in Alberta. The family made it's money off of coal and lumber found in the Howlett estate. Beyond all the riches and grandeur in their possession, the Howletts lived a pretty secluded life. The only other residents who lived on the estates was the chef and his daughter, Rose, who was the house's maidservant, as well as the groundskeeper, Thomas Logan, and his son Victor, who was usually called "Dog" and he would help his father with the groundwork. Since there were only three children in a 10 mile radius, the three children became each other's only friends, but the best of friends as well. When it came to the friendship, "Dog" was the strong alpha male, Rose was the intelligent one, and "James" was the nonathletic, not as bright, and sickly one. The three would have fun-filled adventures throughout the Howlett Estates for years. The three could probably travel through its woods blindfolded. When Dog was about twelve years old, James and Rose started to notice bruises and scars on Dog. Dog became more reserved and lashed out anger and hate periodically, but James and Rose were always there for him. It wasn't until over year later when Rose and James figure out what was going on. It was late one night when James knocked on Rose's door and asked if she would like to get something to eat with him. She said yes, and the two went downstairs towards the kitchen. They saw a light on down the hall, so the two slowly crept up to see what was going on. When they got near the door, they started to hear some shouting. "What is going on here!" shouted Jon Howlett. "It's none of your business!" yelled Thomas back. "What happens in my house is my business! Why have I tolerated with you all these years!" shouted Jon. "Because of how I make Eriz feel when I hold her in my arms at night," said Thomas back maliciously. "If it's not bad enough of you for sleeping with my wife, you are f&#%ing and abusing your own son!" said Jon. Thomas and Rose looked over to see a shirtless Dog covered with cuts sitting in a chair in the corner, while being only covered up with a kitchen towel. There was a shattered beer bottle nearby him. Rose was about to gasp when James covered her mouth, and held a finger up to his mouth to signal for her to be quiet. "I was just having a little fun, and he's a worthless good for nuthin f%#$in mut anyway," said Thomas as he grabbed a beer next to him, and took a giant gulp. His eyes were shot, and he was holding onto a chair to support himself up. "Get out of my house! Now! Victor stays with me! You're never going to touch Victor again!" shouted Jon. James and Rose then heard more footsteps heading their way so they hid in a nearby closet. They left the door cracked to find a group of policemen run into the kitchen, and grab Thomas. James didn't believe his eyes out first when he thought he saw Dog's cuts miraculously heal before his eyes. James disregarded this as he and Rose snuck back to their bedrooms for the night. A few days later, Jon went into town for Thomas's trial. Thomas was sentenced to a couple years in prison. Dog then spent more time on his own, and his friendship with James and Rose became strained. Dog never returned as the fun-loving friend that they once knew. A couple years later, James woke up in the middle of the night to hear his mother scream. James and Rose met up in the hall, and ran to where they heard the scream come from. They looked to find Thomas holding a gun to Dog's head, while Erizabesu was leaning over Jon's body, which was lying there on the ground bleeding. James stared as he saw his life destroyed before him. "Please. Don't!" yelled Erizabesu as she was crying uncontrollably. "I loved him so much," said Erizabesu as she then screamed in pain as a bullet went flying through her chest. "Goodbye, b*#ch," said Thomas as he pulled the trigger again, and a bullet went flying through Erizabesu's head. "You took away years of my life, so now I have taken yours. No one tells me what I can or can't do to my worthless mut of a son," said Thomas as he lowered his arm that was holding the gun. James then screamed out in anger, pain, and agony, as he had just lost those who he had loved most. He rushed out towards Thomas who was still holding onto Dog, who had a blank and lifeless stare. James didn't know what he was going to do. He just wanted to kill Thomas. James out stretched his hands. Thomas looked up in disbelief as claws suddenly popped out of James's hands and impaled both him and Victor. James looked down at his hands in shock. Blood started rushing out from both Tom and Victor. James then pulled his arms away to reveal blood covered bone claws. Tom and Victor both fell to the ground as lifeless forms. "Victor... no... no!" screamed James as he saw his loved ones and best friend, as close to him as his own brother, dead. Rose ran up to him, and said that they had to leave. James,after crying on his knees for the next few minutes, gained the strength to get up, and run away with Rose. The two began living off of the land, until they came across a far off town. They began to live on the streets, and they were only about 15 years old. The first year was rough for them, but eventually Logan started a job as a an apprentice to a trapper named Smitty, and Rose began getting a steady income. By this time, James was no longer a sickly child, he was in a prime condition, and his senses became very acute. After coming back from a day's hunt, he found Rose back at their hut. She was crying covered in bruises and crying, while holding money in her hand. James asked what was wrong. Rose was too embarrassed out first to admit it, but she then revealed her occupation. She had turned to a life of prostitution to make ends meet, and recently, James's boss Smitty had gone too far. James was furious, but Rose told him not to do or say anything, but to stay with her, so he grabbed her into his arms and sat with her. He then said something he had never told her before. He said, "I love you." "I love you too," she responded as they shared their first kiss. The next day James decided that they should leave town. They packed all the money and possessions they owned that they could bring. While walking out of town, they looked over to see Smitty at the town entrance staring at them, and then he laughed. They set up camp for the night. James woke up after hearing footsteps from somewhere in the distance. He then woke up to smell smoke, and saw that the forrest was on fire. He quickly woke up Rose and told her that they needed to get out of there fast. "Where are you going. I just got here. Is this how you treat a friend you haven't seen in years," said a familiar voice. Both James and Rose looked up in disbelief. There old friend "Dog" was alive. "Dog... is that you?" asked James. "That was in a previous life. You can now call me Victor Creed," said Dog. "Dog... I mean Victor... how... what happened?" asked James. "After you killed me and left me for dead, I had only one thing on my mind! You took away everything from me! My father, the girl of my dreams, and my life!" yelled Dog. "I didn't mean to kill you... how are you alive," said James. "I remember waking up lying in a pool of blood with dead bodies all around me. My blood began to boil," said Dog as he began to laugh. "You killed my father, so now I'm going to kill you," said Dog. "Why you're father abused you... he hated you," said James. "No! He loved me! He loved me!" said Dog as he began to laugh and tears began to roll down his cheeks. "After a year or so, I decided I would go find you. After a year of searching, I came across your scent and I followed it. I came across someone who claimed to be a friend of yours... Smitty. After a little persuasion, he told me right where to find you," said Dog. James then stood in front of Rose to protect her. "Look!" yelled Rose as the forrest fire was getting closer to them. "It's time for you to die," said Dog as he leaped at James. "No!" screamed Rose as she got in front of James. Dog's claws then went right through her chest. Rose began to gasp. Dog then let out a scream as he tossed Rose into the woods and the fire. He then ran off in a mad frenzy. James ran over to see Rose become engulfed in flames. "James, I love you. I always will. One day we shall see each other again. I may not know it's you, and you may not know it's me, but we will see each other again," said Rose. Rose then began to scream as her body began to burn. James ran into the flames, but it was too late. He sat there in the fire. His body began to ignite, while he held Rose in his arms. He then screamed in anguish. James then started to lose his perception of reality when he looked up into the sky to see what looked like a fire bird that quickly disappeared. He then let go all of his sanity as he ran into the night. It wouldn't be after what seemed to be like a few more lifetimes before the fateful day when Xavier extended the invitation for Wolverine joining the X-Men.
Powers and Abilities
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolverine's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process that enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with far greater efficiency than an ordinary human. Wolverine's accelerated healing powers have been commonly referred to as his mutant healing factor. The full extent and speed of Wolverine's healing factor isn't known. He has been shown to fully heal from numerous gunshot wounds, severe burns covering most of his body, and regenerate missing eyes within a matter of seconds. Among the more extreme depictions of his accelerated healing factor involves him having his skin, mucles, and internal organs incinerated from his skeleton only to fully regenerate the tissue within minutes. This power even amends psychological wounds inflicted as a result of traumatic experiences. However, Wolverine's healing powers force his mind to suppress the memories, sometimes resulting in amnesia.
- Foreign Chemical Immunity: Wolverine's natural healing also affords him the virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs, except in massive doses. For example, it is extremely difficult for him to become intoxicated from alcohol.
- Immunity To Disease: Wolverine's highly efficient immune system, which is part of his accelerated healing factor, renders him immune against all known Earthly diseases and infections.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Wolverine possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. He can see at far greater distances, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity even in near total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to detect sounds ordinary humans can't or to hear at much greater distances. He is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. Wolverine can also use his keen sense of smell to detect lies due to chemical changes within a person's scent. These senses stem from, at least partially, his constant cellular regeneration, as are his enhanced physical capabilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Wolverine's Mutant Healing Factor enables him to push his muscles beyond the natural limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. His natural strength is augmented by the demand placed on his musculature due to the presence of over 100 pounds of Adamantium bonded to his skeleton, which also removes the natural limitations of the human skeletal structure by allowing him to lift weights that would damage a human skeleton. Wolverine has been depicted with sufficient strength to break steel chains and he supports the weight of a dozen men with one arm.
- Superhuman Stamina: Wolverine's mutant healing factor grants him high immunity against the fatigue toxins generated by his muscles during physical activity. Wolverine can sustain himself at peak capacity for several days. Wolverine has shown himself capable of fighting Omega Red for over 18 hours, despite regular exposure to Omega Red's death spores.
- Superhuman Agility: Wolverine's agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhance to levels beyond the natural physical limits and capabilities of the finest human speciman. Wolverine's agility is sufficient to allow him to dodge Cyclops' optic blasts at near point blank range.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Wolverine's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those possessed by the finest human speciman.
- Insulated Weather Adaptation: Wolverine's body is highly resistant to certain elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury.
- Retarded Aging: In addition, Wolverine's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. Although well over 100 years of age, Wolverine retains the appearance and physical vitality of a man in the physical prime of his life.
- Bone Claws: Wolverine's skeleton includes six retractable one-foot-long bone claws, three in each arm, that are housed beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms. Wolverine can, at will, release these slightly curved claws through his skin beneath the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but the blood loss is quickly halted by his Healing Factor. Wolverine can unsheathe any number of his claws at once, although he must keep his wrists straight at the moment his claws pass from his forearms into his hands. When unsheathed, the claws are entirely within his hands, allowing him to bend his wrists when they are extended. The claws are made of bone, unlike the claws of normal mammals which are made of keratin, and were originally believed to be artificial Adamantium implants. The bone claws are sharp and dense enough to slice through substances as durable as most metals, wood, and stone.
- Adamantium Laced Skeletal Structure: Wolverine's entire skeleton has been infused with a rare, artificially created alloy known as Adamantium. As a result, Wolverine's bones have been rendered highly resistant to all forms of physical damage.
- Animal Empathy: This ability allows Wolverine to communicate and control the minds of animals around him. With more concentration, he can manipulate a group of animals at once. Also with more concentration, he can communicate and manipulate people with feral abilities such as Wolfsbane or Beast. He gained this ability after his "graduation" at the Xavier Institute. Using Sage's gift, Professor X allows Sage to unlock other's latent abilities as a "graduation gift". The gift also increases the strength of his original powers.
- Master Tactician: Though seemingly brutish, Wolverine is highly intelligent. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head", which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat.
- Master Martial Artist: Wolverine has extraordinary hand-to-hand combat ability, and, alongside Captain America and Taskmaster, is considered one of the finest combatants on Earth. Due to his extensive training as a soldier, a C.I.A. operative, a samurai, a spy, and a member of the X-Men, Wolverine is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant, having mastered virtually every fighting style on Earth and is also well versed in pressure points and the art of espionage. He studied the samurai arts from a man who met the famed 17th century samurai Miyamoto Musashi, Ogun.
- Advanced Covert Ops Expert: Due to his experience traveling the world and working for various government agencies, Wolverine is also a trained expert in multiple types of weapons, vehicles, computer systems, explosives, and assassination techniques.
- Skilled Mechanic: Wolverine has been one of the mechanics of the X-Men's Blackbird jet.
- Multi-lingual: A polyglot; Wolverine is fluent in many languages including English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Spanish; he has some knowledge of French, German, Thai, Vietnamese, and Portuguese. Ogun taught him Japanese ideograms.
Multi-lingual: A polyglot; Wolverine is fluent in many languages including English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Spanish; he has some knowledge of French, German, Thai, Vietnamese, and Portuguese. Ogun taught him Japanese ideograms.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References