Powers and Abilities
The Super-Soldier Serum metabolized and enhanced all of Wilson's bodily functions to the peak of human potential and beyond. Dr. Reinstein described this potential as being "the next step in human evolution", while still remaining completely human.
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: As a result of the Super-Soldier serum, he was transformed into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning (and likely into superhuman levels).
- Superhuman Strength: Falocn's physical strength is enhanced to beyond human potential as he has been able to perform such feats as stopping a very large tree from falling on a group of soldiers and successfully holding it up in its leaning state long enough for the soldiers to get to safety. Nick Fury states that Sam can bench press a toyota. Falcon is sufficiently strong enough to lift 3 tons.
- Enhanced Speed: He could run at speeds of up to approximately 30 miles per hour, and had on occasion run a mile in little over a minute (almost 60 mph) when under duress.
- Enhanced Stamina: Falcon's body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles and his musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue toxins begins to impair him. This kind of physiology grants him phenomenal endurance. He can even hold his breath under water for 6 minutes.
- Enhanced Agility: Falcon's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete, and he can even jump or leap higher and longer than finest humans.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Falcon's reflexes is superior to that of any Olympic athlete that has ever competed. The speed at which he reacts allows him to dodge 5 gunners in point blank range. He can usually out-react even the fastest humans, no matter how well-trained.
- Superhuman Durability: Falcon's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super strength, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort. Falcon's body is durable to the point where his super-strong muscles while being punched by a corrupt soldier in the torso it resulted breakage of his wrists.
- Superhuman Healing: He is able to heal broken bones, toren muscles, several gunshots, knife stabs and other severe injuries within 3 to 4 days and most lesser injuries like cuts, scrapes and burns within hours.
- Disease Resistance: Falcon is highly resistant to most diseases, infections and disorders. And never became ill after receiving the SSS.
- Alcohol Immunity: Falcon is virtually immune to intoxication by consuming alcohol
- Peak Human Mental Process: Wilson's mental performance had been greatly enhanced, allowing his mind to operate in the most efficient and rapid manner possible. One manifestation of this was his tactical genius; the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations. Wilson also possessed a near-edictic memory, meaning that he never forgot anything and had perfect recall. This enabled him to remember any military tactic and apply it to any situation. Able to utilize more than a human's full brain capacity for information processing and sorting, Wilson's mind is virtually a computer built for strategy and problem-solving, one that works at optimal ability even when under stress and fatigue. Using his superior problem-solving skills, Wilson can work out a battle ahead of time for many possibilities and predict enemy movements and tactics after the battle has engaged by recalling and utilizing memorized mannerisms acquired through past experience on a moment's notice. He is also ingenious in devising solutions against superior aspects of opponents, can observe and exploit, and can calculate distance, speed, and time at lightning speeds; his sense of timing is superb, bordering on perfection.
- Enhanced Senses: Wilson's senses have been augmented to higher levels of ability. He can hear, see, and smell things better than humans. Falcon once stated that he was able to dodge bullets because he "sees faster than them".
- Avian Telepathy/Empathy: Following his exposure to the SSS, Sam also gained this unique ability that allowed him to telepathically-link and communicate with birds or extend his empathic link to other birds making it possible for him see through their eyes. He seems able to use this power with any bird within a one mile radius. Once in the future, Sam would find out that the SSS had actually unlocked his latent mutant ability.
- Master Martial Artist: Falcon has mastered numerous martial arts like marine combat, muay-thai, boxing, judo, jiu jitsu, and demonstrated ability in pressure-point fighting. He engages in a daily regimen of rigorous exercises (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition.
- Weapons Proficiency: He did not usually use weapons other than his wings, but in desperate times or situations where he and teammates were outnumbered, he would wield additional weapons to ensure victory. He had used staffs, bludgeons, and was adept with swords. He likely received training with different kinds of weapons during his wartime for undercover infiltration missions in the event of not being able to use his wings.
- Master Acrobat/Aerialist: Wilson's years of training have made him an expert in the field of acrobatics and gymnastics as well as a stunning aerialist.
- Expert Marksman: He can throw most if not all projectile weaponry with great aim and was well versed in the use of firearms.
- Master Tactician and Strategist: Falcon is an accomplished strategist. He is able to formulate battle strategies and his brilliant tactical sense allows him to just as quickly alter any strategy of plan to fit the need of the situation change.
- Aerial Combat Master: Due to his abilities and experience, he is one of the best aerial fighters in the world. Other flyers such as Iron Man have stated that Sam is even better than he is.
- Multi-lingual: He was competent in French, Russian, German, Japanese and possibly other languages following his years of military service during WWII
- Expert Pilot: He was a phenomenal pilot and was versed in many Military, SHIELD, and Avengers aircraft.
He is capable of lifting 3 tons.
- Uniform: Falcon's fire-retardant costume incorporates bulletproof Kevlar body armor as well as a Vibranium breast plate. The costume's visors come equipped with various capabilities, including infrared lenses, giving him the ability to see objects by their infrared signature at night, magnification capabilities, and remote imaging sensors that allow a full 360 degree of vision when activated. The cowl also has a wide band receiver and transmitter with an unspecified range.
- Utility Belt: Falcon wears a utility belt containing mission-specific equipment.
- Avengers Identicard
Transportation: None known.
- Wing Harness: The Falcon flies using a specially-built harness that resembles wings, originally designed by the US government and later upgraded by his fellow Avengers. His wings now are controlled through the help of nanotechnology with which he can communicate and which can also send and retrieve computer information. These wings are also partially self-repairing. He can use the sharp edge of the metal wings he wears as a weapon or shield by covering up his body. Those wings enable him to fly approximately at Mach 1. Also, its flechettes can be launched as weapons.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Samuel Wilson (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Samuel Wilson (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Samuel Wilson (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References