Sam Wilson grew up in a tough Harlem neighborhood. His father, a minister, had been killed trying to stop a fight. Sam did his best to try and do the right thing, even joining the US Army, but his grief and anger eventually led him down a criminal path. He took on the name of "Snap" Wilson while working for the mob.
After an assignment, on the way to Rio de Janeiro, Sam's plane crashed on a remote Caribbean island named Exile where Dell Rusk and his Dark Avengers were hiding out. Dell Rusk sought to use Wilson as a pawn to attack Captain America with. He used the Cosmic Cube to revert 'Snap' into Sam, and give him the ability to telepathically communicate with birds, especially a bird that Wilson had bought named Redwing.
Joining Cpt. Rogers
After he made a deal with both Captain Steve Rogers and Black Widow, the Red Skull got Falcon's powers and suit away, leaving him weak.
When Rogers learned that S.H.I.E.L.D. had been subverted by Hydra, he and his colleague Natasha Romanoff contacted Wilson for assistance, as he was a man that Rogers could be certain they could trust as he had no active role in S.H.I.E.L.D. Wilson agreed to join their effort, and asked them to procure a mothballed Exo-7 Falcon wing harness for him to help them with their plans.
With the Exo-7 Falcon acquired, Wilson was able to help Rogers and Romanoff interrogate Hydra agent Jasper Sitwell. However, they were attacked by the Winter Soldier and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents shortly thereafter. Although the trio were captured, they were rescued from a van they were being transported in by Maria Hill, and brought to Nick Fury, who had faked his death and had a plan to prevent Hydra from massacring millions of people. Fury wanted to disrupt the deployment of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s three new helicarriers, which involved replacing three targeting control chips, one for each vessel, and needed Captain America to complete the task. Sam readily took on the challenge to aid Fury's plan as well.
Falcon proved to be a valuable asset thanks to his ability to fly once the helicarriers took to the air. He drew fire from both helicarrier gun batteries and Quinjet attack, but with Captain America managed to reprogram two of the three helicarriers before they encountered the Winter Soldier in the third. One of Sam's wings was damaged by the Winter Soldier, and he was forced to land in the Triskelion using a backup parachute in his pack. As he got into the Triskelion, Sam encountered Brock Rumlow, whom he fought until one helicarrier crashed into the building following the reprogramming and destruction of the three aircraft. Sam managed to escape the collapsing Triskelion by leaping to a passing helicopter piloted by Romanoff.
Rogers had been grievously injured, and had subsequently almost drowned, from his battle with the Winter Soldier. Sam stayed by his hospital bed until he awoke.
After visiting Nick Fury's grave where they met Nick, who had kept his survival a secret, Steve and Sam were approached by Natasha, who gave Steve a dossier on Bucky and the Winter Soldier program as Steve wanted to start looking for him. Sam decided to follow Steve.
Powers and Abilities
- Former Telepathic link: Sam was given the ability to telepathically link with birds endowed by Dell Rusk using the Cosmic Cube. This link is strongest with his companion Redwing but he is also able to extend his empathic link to other birds making it possible for him see through their eyes. He has also shown the ability to control birds. These abilities apply to the entirety of birds. He since lost these powers after betraying Dell Rusk.
Master Martial Artist: Sam has been trained by Captain America in multiple martial arts making him a dangerous combatant. His skills enable him to defeat some of the greatest trained and skilled martial artists in the world such as multiple elite Spetsnaz soldiers at a time and superhumans as strong as the Wrecking Crew members.
Master Acrobat: He was was a skilled athlete in his youth to young adulthood and later underwent rigorous training in gymnastics and acrobatics with Captain America and his skills are roughly on par with Steve Rogers.
Master Aerialist: Sam is also an extraordinary aerialist due to his training with Captain America and to his own experimentation with his "hard light harness". Due to his abilities and experience in martial arts and aerialism, he is one of the best aerial fighters in the world exceeding the skill of other flyers such as Iron Man and Ms. Marvel.
Peak human range . Falcon possesses the strength of a normal human of his age,build who engages in regular intensive exercise. Falcon is strong enough to lift about twice his body weight and can press lift up to approximately 480 lbs.
- Falcon's Wings: Dell Rusk supplied Falcon with a new costume and wings. An emitter array on Falcon's back creates holographic "hard light" wings with a maximum wingspan of up to 50 feet (15 m). Controlled by a cybernetic link, the wings can be instantly reconfigured into "dozens of different cruise configurations". A "magnetic drive", in turn, provides the thrust needed to get Falcon airborne. The emitter also possesses GPS Jamming Devices that prevent satellite tracking, while the hard-light wings interfere with infra-red tracking. A Vibranium microweave was added to the costume itself, making Falcon resistant to small arms fire. The entire system is controlled mentally through cybernetic circuitry in the Falcon's mask. The costume has in the past featured a hidden "talon," a cybernetically controlled grappling line built into the gauntlets of his costume which he uses to entangle opponents, hook objects, or for swinging and climbing when his wings are detached. The costume's visors come equipped with various capabilities, including infrared lenses, giving him the ability to see objects by their infrared signature at night, magnification capabilities, and remote imaging sensors that allow a full 360 degree of vision when activated. The cowl also has a wide band receiver and transmitter with an unspecified range. This wings were eventually replaced by the metal wings made by Stark Industries he used in the US Army.
- Exo-7 Falcon Suit: After losing his wings back to Dell Rusk, Sam made use of an Exo-7 Falcon suit that enabled him to fly once more, utilizing rockets and retractable wings.
Transportation: None known.
- Captain America's Shield
- Formerly Cable claw in his right gauntlet and a pistol
- Captain America (Sam Wilson)'s sprite was made by User:OmniWill.
- Falcon used to be one of the few superheroes in the Marvel Universe that utilizes superhuman powers with human abilities and advanced technology.
- Appearances of Samuel Wilson (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Samuel Wilson (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Samuel Wilson (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References