Powers and Abilities
- Thermokinesis: Iceman is a mutant with the superhuman ability to lower his external and internal body temperature, projecting intense coldness from his body. A related mutation has rendered his body tissues unaffected by sub-zero temperatures. The Iceman can consciously, immediately lower his body temperature from its normal 98.6 Fahrenheit to that of -105.7 F within the span of a few tenths of a second. This causes snow and then ice to form around his body. He uses this ability to reduce the local temperature surrounding him. He is able to reduce his body and other temperatures to absolute zero. Iceman has shown that his power to generate cold is so great, that he was able to stop a fusion core explosion which in layman's terms is a massive nuclear explosion. As he learns to become water vapor, he realizes that he can use his thermokinesis to raise local temperatures as well; in the future, he will rarely increase the temperature, since he is "Iceman".
- Thermal Vision: Ability to see beings due to the heat signature that others give off, because of the absence of heat around him.
- Heat Reaction Manipulation: Iceman has the ability to control chemical reactions involving heat exchange and can prevent people with fire based abilities from using their powers.
- Cryokinesis: ability to extract heat to freeze things, and able to generate winter-like weather conditions. The Iceman can use his mutant ability to freeze any local air moisture into super-hard ice. This ice can be formed into any object of his choosing: the only limitations are his own imagination, his skill as a sculptor, the amount of available moisture, and the ambient air temperature which determines how long his ice sculpture will stay icy. He does not have to hold the ice physically with his hands in order to shape it. Apparently he can simply direct the waves of coldness he projects in certain ways so as to create ice in the shape he desires. In the past, the Iceman has formed ice-ladders, ice-slides, ice-shields, and ice-bats. He could also congeal poison gas, selectively freeze an entire city block, freeze the water in an opponent's brain, drop the temperature around him at will, and freeze someone while maintaining the normal temperature around him. Iceman has created constructs of ice so powerful that he was able to easily encase and contain the likes of the Hulk with him being unable to break out of it. On at least one occasion, he has even been shown to make it snow or cause a blizzard.
- Ice Slides/Flight: The Iceman is able to form a rising column of ice beneath his feet, capable of lifting him off the ground. The tensile strength of the column is determined by its thickness, and its steadiness by how well it has been braced. A well-braced and regular column, 6 feet in diameter at its base, is able to support his weight without toppling for about 85 feet in a 40-mile per hour wind. By forming long ice-ramps connected either to his ice-column or to an existing structure like a building or a bridge, the Iceman is able to travel above the ground by sliding down the ramp he is creating. Unless he creates supports periodically, the ramp will crack beneath him, unable to support their combined weight. Iceman although has shown that he is not limited to creating constructs and can fly on his own with his control over moisture.
- Organic-Ice Form: ability to not only cover his body with ice, but to actually become organic ice. Though the appearance is similar, Iceman is now actually translucent in his ice form. Iceman is virtually indestructible in this form: he can reform his shattered body, and even if the rest of his body is completely destroyed, his head can form a new body from frozen liquids. He has been incinerated while in human form, and was able to rebuild himself. In his ice form, he is able to use the moisture in the air to form spikes, shields and attach other extra appendages to his body. It is currently unknown if Bobby would be considered immortal.
- Superhuman Strength: Bobby can gain superhuman levels of strength by increasing the size of his organic ice form, as well as shape his ice form more offensively.
- Superhuman Durability: Bobby can gain superhuman levels of durability by increasing the size of his organic ice form, as well as shape his ice form more defensively.
- Hydrokinesis: This is the larger extent of Robert's power. Originally, he only knew how to use a facet of this ability, which was cryokinesis. With a greater amount of training, Bobby is able to realize his true potential. Most recently Iceman has learned to use surrounding moisture to augment himself, and to function as frozen water will allow him to travel within large bodies of the substance almost instantly. It is accomplished by breaking himself down to his most base levels and reforming at the destination. He will also be able to convert his body to gigantic proportions through absorption of a lake or pond or even a swimming pool. Wherever there is water, Iceman is a threat. Iceman also has the ability to freeze water vapour around him which allows him to grow to gigantic proportions. One side effect of this is he gains superhuman strength to match his superhuman size. With training, this power will allow him to manipulate water in all forms: solid (ice), liquid (water), and gas (steam), as well as transform into all 3 states of water.
- Molecular Moisture Inversion: ability to freeze all of someone’s water molecules.
- Molecular Moisture Conversion: ability to transform people into moisture molecules and transport them over great distances, this is the equivalent of a form of teleportation. This can also be used as an attack to completely destroy an opponent at a molecular level.
- Blizzard Generation: he can use his control over air moisture to create snow flurries that he can propel at hurricane wind-speeds. Similarly, he will be able to convert his own form into a blizzard, allowing him a form of high-speed flight that can also harm opponents.
- Flash Flood: This use of his hydrokinesis allows Bobby to draw all the moisture (be it in the air, ground, plants, or other living organisms) into one localized spot from up to a couple miles away, and then release the combined moisture as a flash flood. This gives Bobby a great canvas to use for his hydrokinetic ability including using the water for his cryokinetic specialty.
- Clones: Iceman is able to create multiple clones, of various sizes, composed of moisture that have access to Iceman's abilities to certain degrees. Iceman has the ability to take control of his clones; however, they do have their own awareness.
- Hand-to-hand combat training: From his years with the X-Men, he has gained hand-to-hand combat training from fellow members as well as some leadership skills
While in human form Iceman possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise. While in his ice form he is able to augement his strength
Like that of any trained athlete, the Iceman's ability to perform is directly related to his daily physical health and current mental state. Under normal conditions, he can usually form ice continually for a period of about 5 hours before becoming exhausted.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Robert is the Nexus version of Robert Drake (Earth-616).
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Robert Drake (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Robert Drake (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Robert Drake (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References