After the death of Howard Stark, A 29 year old Tony Stark created Vision a Lifeless robot that he had no use for until he discovered a he could imprint his fathers brainwaves in Vision so that his father would be alive. Tony's conscious told him that Howard would not want this, but Tony still uploaded his father. Vision awoke and did not posses his father's qualities and traits, but only his knowledge.
When Norman Osborn set a hit on Tony Stark A.I.M were the first ones there. Crossbones blew up Starks House while looking for him. Winter Soldier then informed Crossbones that he was in Stark Tower the two raided Stark Tower but instead of killing him stole the Vision suit and left.
Vision was being programmed by A.I.M when a group of Drones broke in. The Scientists programming Vision were knocked out and the Drones grabbed Vision. They took him to their leader The Leader or Samuel Sterns. Sterns imprinted his brainwaves in Vision and prepared to use him as his Super-Weapon until The Avengers broke in and saved Vision after Tony tracked him down.
Powers and Abilities
The Vision possesses a number of superhuman powers ultimately derived from his artificial substance and metabolism. The Vision's android body is functioning replica of a human body containing analogues to virtually all human organs, blood, and tissue, composed of an unrevealed synthetic organic-like substance. This substance mimics all the functions of human tissue, but is several times as strong, durable and resilient.
- Holographic Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation: enables him to fire blasts of various kinds of energy
- Audio Sensitivity: Vision can adjust the sensitivity of his audio receptors to a point where he can detect the faintest of sounds.
- Visual Scanners: Vision is capable of scanning life forms, energy sources and other objects detecting the substances that they are composed of.
- Vocal Imitation: Vision is capable of replicating and mimicking the voices of other people enabling him to impersonate them and even create his own.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Vision is capable of exerting himself at peak capacity for about twenty-four hours before fatigue poisons build up in his artificial blood and cause him to tire.
- Superhuman Reflexes: The Vision's practical reaction time is more than twice as fast as that of an average human being.
- Solar Absorption: The solar jewel on The Vision's brow absorbs ambient solar energy that his body is able to convert directly into usable forms by a process not unlike photosynthesis in plants, but with 99% efficiency. The solar ray absorption process occurs constantly (even at night to some degree) at a rate determined by the expenditure of energy for his bodily needs. Thus the jewel absorbs solar energy most expediently when the Vision utilizes it at some superhuman level of exertion. The Vision does not require liquid or solid foodstuffs for any purpose.
- Solar Energy Beams: He can channel limited amounts of solar energy back through the gem at will, creating a narrow hot beam of infrared and microwave radiation. The beam can be controlled within a temperature range of 500 to 30,000 degrees Fahrenheit. At maximum temperature, the Vision can melt through a 1-inch plate of steel in 5 seconds. The Vision cannot control the width of the beam. He can sustain a heat beam at maximum intensity for about 2 minutes before he begins to tax his supply of energy for his other bodily functions. The Vision commonly uses his eyes for this purpose as well.
- Density Control: The Vision's body has been saturated with special cybernetically activated cells which are capable of interfacing with some unknown dimension with which he can shunt or accrue particles of mass. Thus the Vision is able to control his density and solidity. By shunting a non-critical portion of his body's molecules away from him, he can become a weightless, transparent, intangible wraith, unable to be touched by solid matter. By accruing extradimensional mass and fortifying his body with it, he can make his body extremely hard and durable to the point that missiles will not harm him.
- Superhuman Durability: He can become extraordinary massive and hard as diamond. At maximum mass, the Vision weighs about 90 tons. When this massive, the Vision is barely able to move without causing massive stress to his system, thus risking malfunction.
- Superhuman Strength: His base strength is 50 tons, increasing his density will increase his strength, to a maximum of 90 tons. Movement gets restrictive the more he maximizes his density.
- Intangible Flight: When at a minimum mass, the Vision can fly through the air weightlessly. It is not known how the Vision performs this task. He may be able to maneuver and gain speed by drawing power from the Earth's magnetic field to some degree. When he does however, he is capable of passing through solid matter and reaching high speeds; it took Wonder Man (Simon Williams) some time to catch him. He can carry passengers while remaining solid on the outside, but he is not likely to fly as fast as he normally does. It is either the weight of the passenger that prevents him from doing so or he simply views it as "unsafe" for the passenger. There does not appear to be any limit to the time he can remain in any given altered state of density.
- Physical Disruption: The Vision can use his density control offensively by attaining minimum density (intangibility). Passing a part of all of his body within another living being and ever so slightly increasing his density (tangibility). Even increasing his density to one half ounce (14.25 grams) is sufficient to cause the organism he passes through excruciating pain, a shock to the nervous system, and unconsciousness. Were he to become any more dense than one half ounce the shock would probably kill the other organism if the organic damage was not extensive enough to kill the other organism in itself. Accordingly, the Vision employs this power with extreme caution.
- Computer Interface: The Vision can communicate and interact with other computer systems.
- Superhuman Intelligence: He also is capable of rapid analysis of huge amounts of data.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Richard Nomas (Earth-2226)
- Character Gallery: Richard Nomas (Earth-2226)
- Quotations by Richard Nomas (Earth-2226)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·
Links and References