Richard "Rick" Jones was orphaned at a young age, and after being expelled from several orphanages for disciplinary reasons he was placed into a state institution called Tempest Town. A troubled and rebellious youth, Jones soon came to the attention of the institution's chief administrator who smashed his guitar, a gift from his late father, and then had him severely thrashed. Soon afterward, Jones ran away from the institution. He spent the first half of his teens drifting from town to town throughout the Southwest, trying to avoid the juvenile authorities, and doing menial work when he could get it.
At age 16, he got his driver's license and managed to save enough money to buy a used car. Overhearing a teenager dare a friend to ride out with him on the dockyard where Hulk and Red Hulk were fighting. Jones got into the Dark Avengers jet, tased Dark Ms. Marvel and helped the Hulk escape, earning the respect and gratitude of Dr. Banner as well as the Avengers'
Powers and Abilities
Physical Transformation: After being exposed to a weapon powered by gamma radiation designed for use against the Hulk, Jones was mutated by the radiation. As a result, Jones can transform into a superhuman form that resembles the Abomination. Jones has demonstrated the ability to transform at will and, when doing so, gains an additional 4 feet 3 inches in height and 1,835 pounds of muscle, bone and connective tissue to his frame. Jones' skin takes on a scaly sort of appearance, his eyes change color and his hair disappears.
- Superhuman Strength: While transformed into A-Bomb, Jones' musculature, connective tissues and skeletal structure are augmented to levels far beyond those of ordinary humans. As a result, his strength is augmented to great superhuman levels. At his peak, he possesses sufficient superhuman strength to be listed at exactly class 100.
- Suspended Aging: For all intents and purposes A-Bomb does not age. Due to his great healing factor that regenerates his cells, and with the gamma energy and Destiny force that empowers him, A-Bomb does not age at all.
- Superhuman Stamina: Jones' musculature as A-Bomb is more efficient than that of an ordinary human. As a result, his muscles produce less fatigue toxins during physical activity than those of normal humans. Though the exact limit of his stamina isn't known, he can at least exert himself for several hours without fatigue impairing his overall capabilities.
- Superhuman Durability: As A-Bomb, Jones' superhuman body is much tougher and more resistant to injury than that of an ordinary human. Since Jones' ability to transform into his superhuman form is a recent development, the full limits of his resistance to injury isn't known. However, his hide is exceptionally tough and can withstand repeated blows without sustaining injury. His body can also withstand falls from great heights and exposure to temperature extremes without being damaged. He has also demonstrated that his hide is bulletproof.
- Self Sustenance: A-Bomb does not need air, water, food, or sleep to survive.
- Camouflage: He also has a camouflage ability, being able to turn nearly invisible to match his environment.
Jones is an accomplished gymnast and hand to hand combatant. Jones has a thorough knowledge of Judo and Karate. He also has exceptional musical talent and has proven himself to be a skilled songwriter, guitarist and harmonica player.
Skilled Combatant: A highly trained and experienced hand-to-hand combatant.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Richard Jones (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Richard Jones (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Richard Jones (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References