- Umm...no. Maybe you used to be a Becca--But now you're a flesh-wrapped killbot murder machine. And while I'm sure the meaty half of your brain is sweet as kittens...the rest of you is a Deathlok--ette.
- -- Cammi
- -- Cammi
Rebecca "Becca" Ryker was once an average girl. She was shy and bookish without many friends, and always followed the rules. Even though she didn't really enjoy it, Becca was part of her school swimming team and practiced swimming laps everyday.
Unbeknownst to her, Becca's father was one of the premiere expert in cybernetic and the lead designer of the Deathlok program. When rebels from the future sent a Deathlok to kill Harlan they instead found his family. On a suicide mission, the Deathlok exploded nearly killing Becca, and successfully murdering her mother and her baby brother. Grief stricken, Harlan tried to save the lives off his wife and children by adding Deathlok cybernetics. He locked himself in a bunker and cut all communication, but was only able to save Becca's life. Unfortunately, S.H.I.E.L.D. broke in to lab, arrested him, and took Becca into custody. Mecca was stabilized in the hospital. Sadly, Becca was one of the sixteen super-powered teenagers Arcade kidnapped to be part of his death match. S.H.I.E.L.D. briefly investigated her disappearance from their facility, but the incident was attributed to more future rebels completing the mission.
When Arcade killed Mettle, Becca felt sorry for Hazmat and went to console her. However, Hazmat's sadness quickly turned to rage. When Hazmat tried to attack Becca, her Deathlok self-defense programming responded by blasting Hazmat. Still in shock from the events, Becca ran and began wandering in Murderworld. Becca was briefly ambushed by Cammi, before later being caught by Kid Briton when she wandered to close to the Braddock Academy students' fire. Apex immediately befriend her and introduced her to the other students. Misunderstanding Cammi's reference to her as a "Deathlok-ette", Becca chose the codename Death Locket to suit her new identity and new life.
Unbeknownst to everyone, Apex possessed technopathic abilities, and was using Becca's Deathlok cybernetics as a weapon to attack others while Becca slept. Under Apex's control she crippled Juston and destroyed his Sentinel, and nearly killed Reptil with a flamethrower. Apex also used Death Locket to seemingly eliminate Nara.
When Anachronism killed Kid Britton and disrupted Apex's plans, she was extremely rattled and lost control of their shared body to Tim Bashir, her twin brother. After briefly being attacked by Juston, Tim was able to explain to Death Locket and the others about Apex's true powers and nature. Death Locket was among those voting not to kill Tim to stop Apex, and later while Tim was teaching her how to control her powerful cybernetics, the two shared a romantic kiss.
Unfortunately, Katy soon regained control over Tim and armed with Death Locket and the remains of Juston's Sentinel she began to lay waste to Murderworld. Using the Staff of One, a recently resurrected and power-amped Nico confronted Apex and her pawns and buried Apex and Death Locket alive. This unwittingly allowed Death Locket and Tim/Katy to gain access to Arcade's base beneath Murderworld.
Working together, Death Locket, Tim, and Apex took over the control of Murderworld. When Apex tried to betray them and kill everyone on Murderworld, Death Locket able to struggle free of Apex's control and attack her allowing Tim to briefly gain control of their body long enough to began Death Locket to kill him. Reluctantly, she shot him in the head and rejoined the others on the surface. Along with the other survivors, Death Locket agreed to their pact of silence.
Death Locket was again returned to the custody of S.H.I.E.L.D., where she was studied extensively by their science division. Death Locket joined the other Murderworld survivors to discuss the disappearance of Cullen, and agreed to infiltrated Bagalia in search of him. While searching for Cullen, Death Locket met Excavator and the pair began to flirt. After locating Cullen, she transported the group to Arcade's Massacrer's Casino were they group beat Arcade near to death followed. The group was then arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D., quickly freed by Dell Rusk, and given the offered to join his Young Masters.
Powers and Abilities
As a Deathlok, Death Locket possesses several superhuman traits due to the synthetic and cybernetic augmentation of her body. Additionally, Harlan Ryker utilised cutting-edge technology that even S.H.I.E.L.D.'s expert describes as "next level". Death Locket has demonstrated powers including:
- Weaponized Prosthetic Left Arm: Death Locket's left arm was replaced with an adaptable weaponized prosthetic. The arm is capable of performing multiple transformations.
- Pyrokinesis: Death Locket's are can dispense large flames with intense heat. The fuel source is unknown.
- Concussive Blasts: Death Locket's arm can transform into a cannon that emits concussive blasts of an unknown energy.
- Nanite Technology
- Self-Repair and Adaptability: The nanite technology inherent in Death Locket's cybernetics can create robotic antibodies and attack internal intruding factors. It can also repair, replace, and/or rebuild missing or dismantled parts.
- Automated Defenses: The nanite technology appears capable of responding to perceived threats or increases in stress. When Hazmat made an aggressive stance against Death Locket, her robotic arm automatically transformed and shot at Hazmat. When Death Locket became extremely agitate with a S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist, her arm weaponize and blasted an energy discharge, though she was able to move her aim.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Cammi identifies Becca as a "Deathlok-ette" likely referring to Becca being a smaller, female Deathlok. However, Becca misunderstood the term for its homophone "Death-Locket". Death Locket is the codename Becca chooses to adopt.
- Death Locket shared a mutual romantic interest with Timothy Bashir, Apex's twin-brother.
- Tim was the first boy Becca had ever kissed.
- Tim was also the first person Becca had ever killed.
- Death Locket shares a mutual romantic interest with Excavator.
- Appearances of Rebecca Ryker (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Rebecca Ryker (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Rebecca Ryker (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References