- I might have telepathy, but I don't need to be able to read your mind to know that you're upset. After what we just saw? Who wouldn't be? I get it. But you need to get your head in the game, or we're all going to die.
- -- Sabre
- -- Sabre
Rachel Grey is the daughter of Wolverine and Jean Grey. Her father was killed by Magneto shortly after she was born. The X-Men were blamed for Magneto's attack, resulting in her mother being imprisoned. Having a change of heart after witnessing his enemy's death, Sabretooth absconded with the child and raised her to defend herself. When she was older and the X-Men's names were cleared, Sabretooth reluctantly let her return to her mother. Already having survival instincts, Jean taught Rachel what it meant to love. She would eventually grow into her powers, using psionic energy to manifest claws like her father's and even went on to become the leader of the New X-Men.
Despite being the leader of the X-Men, Sabre was still very insecure and unsure of herself. She was recruited into the Outsiders under the promise that if she returned to her home reality her insecurity would result in the death of a teammate. Horrified by this possibility, Sabre agreed to become an Outsider. She quickly formed a complicated friendship with her teammate and half-brother from another reality, Cable.
Powers and Abilities
- Low Level Telepathy
- Psionic Energy Manipulation
- Hand to Hand Combat
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: The Tallus
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- At the time of being recruited into the Outsiders, Rachel was 23-years-old.
- Rachel did not inherit a healing factor from her father, which makes her slightly hesitant to rush into battle.
- Rachel is in a relationship with Jennifer Walters.
- Sabre appears in the animated film Age of the Outsiders voiced by Tara Strong.
- Appearances of Rachel Grey (Earth-94)
- Character Gallery: Rachel Grey (Earth-94)
- Quotations by Rachel Grey (Earth-94)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References