- I understand how it is to lose those you love. I also understand the importance of not letting that loss consume you... for you will lose yourself as well.
- -- Colossus
- -- Colossus
Piotr Rasputin grew up on his family's farm in Russia, essentially raising his little sister, Illyana. He would eventually be recruited by Charles Xavier to join his team of mutant superheroes the X-Men. Piotr worked with the X-Men for years. He eventually discovered that Illyana had developed mutant powers as well after accidentally traveling to Limbo and claiming the Soulsword. Piotr was against her joining the X-Men and putting herself in harms way, but she joined anyway. His fears were realized when one day she perished on a mission against Doctor Doom. Consumed with guilt, Colossus donned the Soulsword for himself and deciding to learn sorcery in order to honor his sister.
He would eventually be recruited into the Outsiders under the threat that if he returned to his reality, Magik's soul would manifest within the Soulsword and haunt Piotr for eternity. Colossus quickly becomes a seasoned member of the Outsiders and even forms a brotherly relationship with Firestar and Polaris.
Powers and Abilities
- Metal Skin
- Super Strength
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: The Tallus
- The Soulsword
- No special notes.
- At the time of being recruited to the Outsiders, Piotr was 39-years-old.
- He was recruited as a replacement for Archangel after he became the King of Hell.
- Piotr would temporarily become trapped in an alternate version of Limbo ruled by that reality's Illyana. He would temporarily be replaced by Thor, who later stepped down when Colossus returned.
- Colossus appears in the animated film Age of the Outsiders voiced by Chris Cox. Cox had previously voiced Colossus in Marvel Heroes and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3: the Black Order. Cox also voices Piotr's Earth-9999 counterpart.
- Appearances of Piotr Rasputin (Earth-7081)
- Character Gallery: Piotr Rasputin (Earth-7081)
- Quotations by Piotr Rasputin (Earth-7081)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References