Peter Quill was raised by his very religious mother in Missouri. However, he was never particularly enamored with religion. Rather, he had his sights set on the stars. After graduating High School, Peter began working for NASA to train to be an astronaut. However, he dropped out to take care of his mother when she developed a brain tumor, and subsequently became an alcoholic.
He would later be approached by Potts International after his mother's death, with an offer to put his dream into action. Peter accepted, and was put through Terrigenesis, emerging with incredible energy abilities, and even the ability to fly out into space.
Peter was branded as Nova, and quickly became one of the most popular Potts heroes who wasn't in the Squadron Supreme. He is believed to be an alien police officer by the general public, come to Earth to work alongside its heroes, which results in Potts making him take several forced vacations to keep up the image that he is in space.
Peter eventually became fed up with his treatment by Potts, constantly being overlooked for the Squadron, at first in favor of Spider-Monkey and Blur, but now in the fashionista Gigantica. Peter couldn't take it, and began selling secrets to the Avengers before publicly kidnapping Juniper Potts. The Squadron was then deployed to take him out, and his battle with them led to him and Captain Marvel traveling into the upper atmosphere to truly unleash their power on each other. However, Captain Marvel eventually gained the upper hand and overloaded Peter with energy, causing him to explode.
Powers and Abilities
- Space Survival
- Energy Absorption
- Energy Blasts
- Super Strength
- Quantum Armor
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Peter would often use his status as a superhero to hook up with women across the world.
- After being rejected for the Squadron Supreme for the first time, Peter became determined to prove himself, which is eventually what led to his insanity.
- Before his death, Nova did leak to the public the truth that he wasn't an alien, which began to stir public opinion on Potts International.
- Before turning on Potts, Nova was one of their top fixers, always willing to do their dirty work out of hopes they would reconsider him for the Squadron.
- Appearances of Peter Quill (Earth-1515)
- Character Gallery: Peter Quill (Earth-1515)
- Quotations by Peter Quill (Earth-1515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References