- Your father believed if that there are things, good things you can offer to the world, things you can do to help people, change people for the good of their hearts, he thinks you could do those things Peter and you have the power to do just that, and with great power, comes with great responsibility. You're becoming a man now, just...be careful what kind of man you'll change into. Because what you will become, will follow you forever.
- -- Ben Parker
- -- Ben Parker
Peter's Parents, Richard and Mary Parker were geneticists at Oscorp Industries and were part of a team of other fellow geneticists like Curt Connors, Miles Warren, Alister Symthe Sr. Norman Osborn, Mendel Stromm and Edward Brock Sr. After Norman's wife died of cancer, The team started a groundbreaking cure for cancer and other types of diseases and figure out ways to improve the human body, which led towards the creation of "Oz". A prototype recreation of the super soldier serum that created Captain America back in WWII.
Peter was essentially raised by science along with his best friend Edward "Eddie" Brock Jr. During a young Peter's Birthday party, Peter was later left in care of his Aunt May and Uncle Ben while his parents (along with Eddie's parents) were going on a trip to a science conference Via their private jet. Peter's parents and Eddie's parents later died in a plane crash (though conspiracy theorists claimed it was sabotaged). So he was continued to be in care of his Aunt and Uncle.Peter grew up with the mystery of his parents disappearance, becoming an outcast outside of home. While Aunt May and Uncle Ben raised Peter as if he were their own child.
For the next twelve years he became more studious with the goal to continue his father's legacy in science along with his "bro" Eddie. During middle school he would also develop a frenemy rivalry with jock Flash Thompson. Then finally before entering high school, he became very close to fellow science prodigy Gwen Stacy, to a point they became romantically close very quickly. And later on during his Junior years in high school he will also become good friends with the son of his father's fellow scientist Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn.
During his junior year of high school at Midtown High, Peter's academic record and grades allowed him to be one of the students to visit the Oscorp Tower, Manhatten, with biologist Dr. Curt Connors as lead scientist. Peter bumped into an Oscorp Director Dr.Van Adder and notices his father's name with symbols in Adder's documents. Peter follows Dr. Adder and soon sneaks into a lab where genetically modified spiders exposed to the Oz serum are being contained. As he was taking pictures of them, Peter was then bitten by one of the escaped modified spiders. Peter didn't know it, but the spider bite mutated his DNA and his body began reacting to new changes. Peter experienced nausea, exhaustion and spastic reactions from the mutation process. The spider's venom inter-mixed with Oz, imbued Peter with the sensory perception of immediate danger which he later dubbed "Spider-Sense", Increased speed, increased agility, increased stamina, a healing factor, and the ability to stick/crawl on surfaces. He had more energy then normal and has his senses enhanced greatly. Peter became the next generation super-soldier with additional attributes of a spider. Peter arrives home early and passes out with the bite wound swollen. The next morning, Peter wakes up to find himself sticking to the ceiling, realizing he can climb on walls.
During School, Flash attempted to kick Peter to humiliate him in front of everybody. Peter then suddenly anticipated Flash and threw him to the ground, breaking his nose as he landed face first onto the floor. Peter already began showing signs of developing his spider sense as his reflexes were acting automatically so he ended up mistakenly taking out a group of Flash's enraged buddies single-handed. In fear, Peter runs outside of the school, trying to get away from himself. Away from what is happening to him, not realizing how fast he is going. He then runs right in front of a speeding delivery truck. Peter's spider powers saved him as he unconsciously jumped over the speeding truck. As he runs away from the scene, out of sight of people, he begins too tests his arms and legs, feeling the strange energy pulsing through his muscles. He begins hyperventilating in fear and due to his spider-powers developing he nearly passes out. Back at home, after researching about spiders and Peter's own blood under a microscope, Peter developed a fair understanding what was happening to him. It was genetic mutation. Because he kept his mutation a secret, his aunt and uncle had a fight with him as he unsuccessfully defended his reasons for skipping half a day of school and raising his hand against Flash the same day. It resulted in Flash's parents demanding the Parkers to pay restitution for medical fees and damages done to their son. Uncle Ben and Aunt May weren't happy for what Peter had done. To Peter's dismay, he felt he was wrongly accused of an incident he didn't start and only rightfully acted in self-defense. It was while in the middle of that heated argument that he discovered his fingers had stuck to the wall so tight that he ripped the paint out of the wall. After being sent to his room, Peter is experiencing more random spastic reactions as his body is trying to adjust to Peter's new powers. The next morning, Peter patched things with his uncle and Peter meets up with Gwen and walks her to school.
On the following day, Peter is assigned to work with Liz Allen for lab project in Biology class. Peter wants to do the lab project on spiders. To know more about them. Because he wants to know more about himself. But he can't exactly tell Liz that. Later that night as Peter writes the term paper by himself, Peter was curious about his powers and abilities. He climbs onto the roof and leaps to the house next door. The heights don't scare him in his surprise. He leaps from roof to roof, running along the peaks until finally leaping to a streetlight and doing a full flip around it and lands. On the very next day after school, Peter tested out his new spider abilities in a junk yard to see what he can do with his new powers. He than goes to an abandoned shed and uses his new-found powers to swing from chains hanging from the ceiling and is amazed at the results of the spider bite. A couple weeks later, after showing some caliber against Thompson, Peter's physical ed coach had him join the football team as their new star player. Peter quickly rose to acclaim as he effortlessly out-scored the visiting team. He then used his powers to become a masked wrestler to earn money and to test his powers further after coming to a conclusion that "football was just too easy". He easily won the money and left the scene in a matter of minutes. He then faked a letter to his uncle and aunt, as an "anonymous" donation from the school, to pay back their expenses due to the Thompsons. Aunt May and Uncle Ben completely bought the ruse and accepted the money.
Three weeks later, Peter and Gwen met Harry at Oscorp for a quick tour and ignoring a call from Ben. During this tour, he was re-introduced to renown scientists Dr.Connors, one of the scientist that Peter looked up to, and Nobel Prize winning biochemist Michael Morbius. He returned home, only to find his family waiting for him. Uncle Ben and Aunt May confronted Peter over his dismal drop in grades, not arriving back at curfew and not answering Ben's calls. Ben and May presumed that his new-found jock life has affected his sense of responsibility over his academics and suggested ending his budding sports career. Ben wanted to understand the source of Peter's recent rash of behavior, but Peter couldn't explain himself. Ben then talked about Peter's dad, "Your father believed if that there are things, good things you can offer to the world, things you can do to help people, change people for the good of their hearts, he thinks you could do those things Peter and you have the power to do just that, and with great power, comes with great responsibility. You're becoming a man now, just...be careful what kind of man you'll change into. Because what you will become, will follow you forever.".Peter could only react in sadness and anger. Peter ran off to be alone. Later while Peter is leaving a local convenient store, There was a robbery in progress. Peter came across a gang of thieves running from the cops. Being too self-centered on his own problems to care about a robber, he allowed one of the thieves to escape.
When the same thief later encountered Uncle Ben in an ally way who was out looking for Peter, He asked for money from Ben, Ben joked that he looked like he may had more money than he had. Angered, the burglar quickly pulled out his gun then shot and killed Ben. Peter later arrived at the same ally way, shocked to have learned his Uncle Ben have been gunned down by a robber. Peter learned from the police reports of the same robber hiding himself inside an abandoned ACME warehouse. Peter runs off to confront his Uncle's killer and finds him in the warehouse. After disarming him and getting a good look at his face, Peter realized it's the same burglar from the robbery that night who had murdered Uncle Ben in his absence. Peter accidentally killed the burglar out of anger and escaped the scene, Overcome with guilt Peter remembered His Uncle Ben's words of wisdom, "With great power comes great responsibility", which inspired Peter to serve and protect others. he develops a web-like fluid and the "web-shooters" to fire it, and overtime, He then created a full suit for himself, which would become his Spider-Man costume.
Learning to crawl
Peter took a freelance job at the Daily Bugle working as a photographer and a webmaster while Peter and Gwen struggled to admit their true feelings for each other. Since gaining his new powers and a new aim in life, Spidey took down street level crooks and began disrupting gang operations throughout the city during his first days as Spider-Man. He learned of Wilson Fisk AKA the Kingpin of crime and made it a goal to bring him down. Eventually, Peter tries to ask out Jonah's assistant, Betty Brant but she rejected him by telling Peter that she is simply too old to date him and is sorry. Along the way, Spider-Man encountered a mob boss named Maximus Gargan, who plotted to become the city's new Kingpin of Crime, however, to his bad luck, his plans were dismantled by the web-head. Spider-Man also came face-to-face with yet another gang leader trying to rise up named Herman Schultz, who had recently managed to secure a shipment of high tech military grade assault weaponry to escalate his turf war with a rival gang. Spider-Man descended on his deal-in-progress, capturing his guns and taking out his men, before swiftly overpowering Schultz himself and leaving him for the police.
Meanwhile, Norman Osborn and Oscorp are investigating the appearance of this new hero. Anxious to develop his Oz Serum, Osborn orders the capture of Spider-Man, Peter, on the other hand, was struggling to help Aunt May pay off the accumulating bills and due to his new-found sense of responsibility, he quit the football team and wrestling to extend his time as a crime-fighter. His actions caught the attention of the public and Police Captain George Stacy, who was also Gwen's father. Gwen and Peter are offered an internship at Oscorp where college freshman Eddie was interning to continue his father's Project: V.e.n.o.m. with his mentor, Dr.Curtis Connors. While Peter was heading to school, he came across some regular level thieves that were robbing the bank, There names were Flint Marco and Alex O Hirn. Spider-Man disabled the two and tied them up for police to arrest them but it cost him to be late for class. Spidey's actions then caught the attention of Kingpin again (who is is still able to run his criminal organization behind bars through his lawyer Gustav Fiers AKA The Gentleman) and wanted him executed for foiling his operations.
The Claws of The Lizard
Peter then meets Dr.Connors again back at Oscorp, by helping him complete his regeneration serum to regrow his missing arm using Reptilian based genetics. on the next day, Peter, Gwen, Harry, Brock and other oscorp interns celebrates Connors's regrown arm at the tower. Hours later Peter heads back to the tower to return Connor's laptop but the lab was empty. Peter then witnessed Connors being mugged by a dangerous criminal. Peter then suits up in his spider suit and saved Connors's life and stopped the criminal. Peter then switched out of his spider-suit and meets up with Connors and other police officers to return his laptop and to make sure he's alright, But Connors's acted strange then normal. He then came into conflict with Officer Jean DeWolf, who had an odd feeling that Peter was somewhat involved with the crime. She labeled Peter a suspect in this situation and was scheduled to meet at the NYPD precinct in Hell's Kitchen for questioning. While there, Peter learned that DeWolf has a grudge against vigilantes like Spider-Man. Peter dodged most of their questions about his relations with Spider-Man but before they could try get anymore out of him, the building was being attacked. Jean and her Officers went to go investigate while Peter switched into his spider suit to stop the threat. Doing so, he encountered a nine foot reptilian creature known as the Lizard. He manages to intercept him but was unable to fight him. The next day at the daily bugle, Peter was assigned to take pictures of the wakandan embassy, but as Peter swings torwards the embassy, Pete receives a police report of a Giant Lizard spotted on the Manhattan bridge attacking other police officers. Peter ditches his assignment and quickly rushes to the bridge to stop the creature.While there, Peter suits up in his spider suit and spots the lizard once again but this time, being attacked by S.W.A.T. teams and police officers. Spidey manages to intercept with Lizard but was still unable to fight him. As the lizard was too fast for his reflexes. Several canisters dropped to the ground from above and exploded. Spidey was able to peer through the smoke as he watches the lizard crashing into cars and swiping his claws against the surrounding S.W.A.T. team. The Lizard escaped just before spidey can get a hold of him. After the fight, Peter returned to the bugle and sold his pictures of the Lizard and spidey's standoff to the daily bugle, where Peter discovers that Jameson is running a smear campaign against Spider-Man. Jameson thought spidey and the lizard where in on the attacks in which Peter tried to convince Jameson that Spider-Man is one of the good guys but Jameson doesn't buy it. Peter goes to meet with Dr. Connors at Oscorp, and very quickly realizes that Connors had mutated himself into the Lizard. Peter later decides to track the Lizard into the sewers, but was instead met by his bro Eddie. Eddie also discovered Connor's mutation and wanted to help Spider-Man to cure Connors from the Lizard. They find a lab only to find video files. Spider-Man then hears a police report of the Lizard being spotted attacking Oscorp. Eddie and Spidey head to the OsCorp tower and stopped the lizard from killing the Oscorp Employees and Norman Osborn. The lizard then climbed to the Oscorp to escape from Spider-Man while Eddie creates an Antidote to cure Connors from the Lizard. Spider-Man followed then faced The lizard. Spidey had a long vicious fight against the Lizard until Peter and managed retrieve the antidote that Eddie made to Cure Connors. Unfortunately, the lizard was quickly scared off by an NYPD attack chopper. And due to the chopper firing at Spider-Man, he couldn't give chase.
A week later, Spider-Man had it. An antidote created by Eddie Brock to hopefully reverse the effects of the genetically altered lizard DNA that had turned Curt Connors into the monster. However, The lizard was no where to be found. Spider-Man checked everywhere from the sewers, to neighborhoods, and occasionally his lab at Oscorp, nothing. Like he vanished from the face of the earth and his family is worried sick for Connors. But Peter wasn't gonna stop, he's going to keep looking until he can find his friend back and cure him from the lizard for good. However they're were other problems in lower Manhattan that needed Spider-Man's attention. Three nano tech thieves armed with advanced technology were trying to rob priceless vibranium metal from the Roxxon Building. Peter then arrives on the scene cracking jokes while beating the 2 thugs. Their leader Adrian Toomes AKA The Vulture (who constructed his own battle suit consisting of 2 mechanical wings) chucked out a woman trying to get Spider-man to save her, in which he did which gave the thieves some time to escape.
Back at school, Kenny and Randy Robertson (one of Peter's close friends) commented about his concern of Spider-Man. He compared him to other superheroes and theorized he is the prelude for more terrible things to come like "the Lizard" for example and theorized he is also a mutated monstrosity under the costume. Flash, Peter, Gwen and Harry went against the idea. Out of nowhere, a new redhead student started arguing Kenny's point of view. She rationalized that everyone has the wrong idea of Spider-Man and is trying to help make this world a better place. Confused of her identity, the girl introduced herself as Mary Jane Watson, It's her first day. After school, Peter then took his photographs of The Roxxon incident to the Daily Bugle while on the phone with Gwen, talking about Connor's disappearance. Their he met Mary Jane again, He finds out from Robbie Robertson that she is the new investigative reporter for the Bugle. Peter gotten to know her a little. Peter then sold his photos to J.Jonah Jameson to help get MJ on the Daily Bugle evening news. The next day, Peter went back to the Bugle to congratulate her from making it into the news. At that moment Adrian Toomes and his thieves took the Bugle hostage and they wanted Spider-man there and even broadcasted themselves live everywhere in New York to get Spider-Man's attention. Peter was also taken hostage. After two hours later, he got the chance to switch into the Spider suit. He then went into The Daily Bugle and realized it was a set up and they had left.
The timer for the bombs had started and Spider-man defused them quickly and saved the hostages. Jameson even thanked him but the feud between him and Jameson won't change, as he still holds a grudge against Spider-Man. Peter then went after Toomes back at Roxxon only to find out their whole bombing plan was their distraction for Spider-Man and the authorities for they can get a chance of stealing the vibranium metal. Spidey them jumps in and manages to take out the thieves. As Toomes tries to escape with the vibranium, Spider-Man catches him with his webline, beginning a aerial chase throughout the city. Vulture then used his wings to fire a volley of razor blades at Spider-Man. Spider-Man used his webbing to help him run faster on the side of the building to avoid getting cut. While Vulture's attention was on Spider-Man, police snipers shot Vulture in the back, damaging his energy pack. Vulture's suit become unstable and Spider-Man used his webbing to control his descent into the Rockfeller ice rink. Peter webbed him down and escaped before the authorities could arrive on scene. Peter switched back to his casual civilian clothes and left The Daily Bugle building. Both Aunt May and MJ ran up to Peter out of excitement and relief. He received a big hug from MJ as she was happy to see him still alive. Gwen had just arrived and saw the hug.
The thrill of the Hunt
The following day, while having breakfast, Peter saw Sergei Kravinoff AKA Kraven's announcement to hunt and kill the lizard on TV. Kraven is a European hunter who hunts the worlds dangerous animals for his reality survival series. This urges Peter to find the lizard quickly before Kraven does. The next day in class, Peter's history teacher Mr. Wallace calls him over to his desk. He reveals to him that his grades are slipping in his class recently which surprises him because he used to make all A's in his class but Peter secretly being Spider-Man every night and fighting crime usually leaves him exhausted in school, causing his grades to slip. Wallace Suggested he be tutored by Gwen Stacy in-exchange for him tutoring her in biology. During lunch, Gwen sat down with Peter, Mj and Harry. Peter on the other hand still tried to talk to her by her surprise. Peter asked her if she could him bring his grade up in his History class, which she accepts in exchange to help her out with Biology. On the next day as Peter is getting ready to meet Gwen at the library, He then got a text from his boss J. Jonah Jameson to meet the high school reporter Mary Jane Watson to get a story on Kraven the Hunter who was just brought into New York last year. Right after seeing the text, Peter had to blow off the study date with Gwen, seeing this as an opportunity to learn more about Kraven and what he needs to do too stop him from getting to Connors.
After arriving at Kraven's townhouse, Mary Jane quizzes Kraven about his morals, goals and skills, while Peter snoops around takes pictures in his loft, he came across photos of Peter himself as Spider-Man fighting crime posted on his wall including a news paper articles the lizard and a map of Manhattan, showing the lizard's last locations. Peter's spider sense goes off as he was caught by Kraven's lover Calypso Ezili. Peter makes up an excuse by saying he couldn't find the bathroom. Peter walks out as Calypso guides him towards it. As she walks off, Peter quickly met back with MJ. In his school life, Gwen fails her biology quiz no thanks to Peter. He apologizes for leaving Gwen at the library at the last minute and makes amends with Gwen, she accepts his apologies but he could tell that Gwen was still pretty upset at Peter. After school, Peter is swinging around the neighborhood as Spider-Man to clear his head while looking for any signs of Connors with the antidote ready in his utility belt. His spider sense went off as there were several loud screams and Spider-Man swung forward, right into the subway entrance. The loud growling and snarling let him know he was correct. Some afternoon subway goers were being terrorized. Spider-Man flung himself down, right on top of the head of the Lizard. The Lizard grabbed Spider-Man before he flung the wall crawler down to the ground as he was trying to get the creature to drink the antidote. the Lizard jumped forward, jaws bared. Spider-Man dodged.
The two fought for a little bit until the monster was suddenly wrapped up in a net and Spider-Man rose up to his feet, and saw Sergei Kravinoff jump right in front of him. Kraven didn't expect to see Spider-Man with the lizard that day but it was a bonus for him as he'll be known as the man that took down the lizard and Spider-Man. Spider-Man raised his arm and he shot a line of webbing at Kraven but Kraven caught the strand and gave it a pull. The ripple launched Spider-Man up into the air. Kraven sprang right at Spider-Man but the wall crawler dodged the attack. Kraven's fist swung and caught Spider-Man right in the chest. The wall crawler slumped with the wind knocked out of him, before Kraven shoved Spider-Man to the ground. He pulled out a spear and tried to impale Spider-Man but it was only a split second too slow. The hero bounced to his feet, as Kraven was momentarily preoccupied in pulling the spear out of a gap in the concrete and Spider-Man jumped at him with both feet extended. Spidey gave him double kick right to the face but Kraven caught the legs and swung Spider-Man. The wall crawler landed right to the ground and Kraven stepped on his chest, like he was nothing. Kraven was alot stronger then Peter thought. But Kraven's boasting allowed Spider-Man enough time to give him a face full of webbing. The mighty hunter was temporarily incapacitated and Spider-Man rushed forward and aimed a punch but it bounced off of the chest of Kraven. Kraven ripped the webbing off of his eyes, but with a primal look on his face, he grabbed Spider-Man by the throat and pushed Spider-Man against the wall. But the Lizard leapt at Kraven and grabbed the hunter from behind. Spider-Man dropped to the ground trying to catch his breath. Kraven was pulled backwards, before the mighty hunter wrestled the creature to the ground.
The Lizard would not go down and reversed the position where it was on top of Kraven, snapping its jaws as Kraven grunted and struggled, before he reached for a dagger inside his belt. Spider-Man found himself against the wall, unable to do much more than watch the spectacle as it unfolded. The Lizard gave a pained growl as Kraven stabbed him right in the arm with the dagger. Blood dripped right to the ground, but Spider-Man shot a line of webbing, to wrap around the dagger and managed to jerk it out of Kraven's hand. The hunter turned around, but the Lizard grabbed Kraven and was thrown into the air, right off of the platform and right onto the subway tracks. The hunter was stunned momentarily, giving Lizard time to escape and rushed down the subway track. Spider-Man soon follows. Within the twisted mind of the Lizard, some small fragment of Curt Connors still existed, trapped beneath layers of savage brutality and mindless aggression. Subconsciously, instinct lead the creature to the home of Dr. Connors. The Lizard lashed out at Martha Connors and was about to bite Billy his son. Thankfully, a line of webbing shot out. It wrapped around the hand the Lizard, pulling the creature towards spidey, saving both Martha and Billy. A line of webbing shot the Lizard right in the eyes, to blind the beast. Spider-Man leapt up, as the Lizard was preoccupied with removing the webbing from his eyes.
Spider-Man began to pry the jaws of the Lizard open and uncork the vial. The liquid was inches away from the Lizard's mouth but the beast gave a primal roar, before it threw Spider-Man off. Spider-Man rolled over, miraculously not spilling the vial and the Lizard swung its tail at Spider-Man and was knocked against a tree. knocking him unconscious. The Lizard stood right over Spider-Man. The creature stepped to finish off the wall crawler, but before then, a series of darts connected right to the back of the Lizard. The Lizard turned with a loud roar as Kraven stepped back in surprise, none of the darts penetrating the skin but the hunter was undeterred. With a jump, he wrestled the Lizard down to the ground. Kraven rolled the Lizard over, before he forced the beast's head into the ground. In seconds, his great strength had rendered the creature unconscious, but not dead. It would fetch a much larger price when alive. The head of Spider-Man rose up, in time to see Kraven tie the Lizard up, Spider-Man tells Kraven That Lizard isn't a creature, it's a human who made a mistake and can be cured, but Kraven just responded with a cruel laugh and said he'll will just get higher price on the black market for this Lizard creature. Spider-Man rose to his feet and attempted to stop Kraven. They fought for a little while until a siren was heard nearby. He had no desire to fight the police, so he leapt up, before he knocked Spider-Man to the ground.
A line of webbing wrapped around Kraven's feet and crashed to the ground face first. Spider-Man leapt up and caught Kraven with a series of punches to the face. Kraven forced himself up, but Spider-Man slid underneath his attack, before he managed to take Kraven's tranquilizer gun from him. Spider-Man shot two darts into Kraven's neck then punched out Kraven, leaving him unconscious and webbed up to a tree. Suddenly, The Lizard hoisted Spider-Man up into the air and tossed him to the ground. The wall crawler leapt into the air but the tail swung into Spidey's rib cage, leaving Spider-Man stunned for a moment. The Lizard leapt from car to car, before he scaled up the building with the greatest of ease. Spider-Man shakily got to his feet and chases The lizard, leaving Kravinoff to the authorities. Spider-Man then finds him at the zoo. Not long after, Spider-Man wrapped a thick cocoon of webbing around the Lizard from the neck down and finally manages to restore Connors back to his normal self. Grateful, Connors told Spidey that he'll help him with any problem he could help with and returned Connors back to his family. The next morning while Peter and Gwen are helping Connors and his family moving his equipment to his new lab at the Empire State University. He then planned to reveal his secret identity as Spider-Man to her to fix the broken relationship, thinking that she'll maybe understand. However, Peter then instead decides to ask her out on a date to make up for the study date, albeit very awkwardly, and to his surprise, she says yes.
Survival of the Fittest
Desperate for the capture of Spider-Man for his company's sakes, Norman Osborn started a partnership with the Kingpin to help capture the web head by creating super villains. Peter had to contend with Flint Marko and Alex O'Hirn, two more crooks that he constantly arrested except now they became supervillains. Spider-Man encountered Flint (who now goes by the name Sandman) after robbing military hardware for the mob with the help of O'Hirn, disguised as a soldier. Marko is overconfident and takes on Spidey with his powers. He proves to be an opponent to be reckoned with. Spider-Man battled the Sandman but was forced to flee when his mask ripped open. Back at the Parker residence, Peter's years of learning how to knit finally paid off as he's repairing his spider mask in the living room after his encounter with sandman. But just as he hears the front door unlocking from outside the house, it was Aunt May! Peter quickly runs back into his bedroom and changes into his robe that was laying on his chair just before Aunt May opens the door to his bedroom to see if he was home and too remind him of a miss call from Gwen. Gwen made plans with Peter to go on a movie date tomorrow night with MJ and her date, (which was Harry at the time) Peter happily accepts.
After Flint successfully brings in the weapons for the Kingpin, He goes on a crime spree across town, robbing ATM machines and banks with relative ease. As Peter gets ready for ready for the date, Peter over hears a news report on Sandman going rogue, seeing that he can't ditch his responsibilities as Spider-Man, he texts Gwen telling her that he's going to be a little late and quickly suits up as Spider-Man. When Flint hijacks an armored car, Spider-Man got his photo camera ready takes him on again. During the fight, Marko seemed to get the upperhand. However, his overconfidence eventually gets the best of him, and Spidey manages to defeat him. Thanks to some new improvements he made to the webshooters. He shot out webs that transfers a jolts of electricity onto Sandman, thus turning him into glass. Sandman is instantaneously solidified. After the battle, Peter became exhausted and the only on his mind at the moment was sleep, he finally goes home and got some rest. Later next morning, Peter woke up to missed calls and angry texts from Gwen, he'd forgot all about the date they had last night. After turning in some photos from last night's battle, and receiving his first paycheck, Peter later meets up with Gwen at a local coffee shop to apologize and made up for it. But Gwen becomes a little annoyed by Peter's recent behavior and flakiness.
A few days later O'Hirn was approached by Mr. Fiers, subsequently being broken out of prison and given a rhino-like mech suit that Flint stole during his sandman days and wreak havoc in the city trying to catch Spider-Man's attention. Ditching his history test, Spidey intervenes and fight ensues. After knocking Spider-Man clear across the street into an office building, the Rhino was confronted by the the police, but he takes them all out. Spider-Man lures him away before anyone gets hurt. Rhino chases after the webslinger to a construction site, destroying his robotic suit in the process. Spider-Man ripped his armor open but Alex leapt out of the machine and tried to flee but was quickly incarcerated by Spider-Man. Having not only been caught by Spider-Man, but also humiliated by having his pants pulled down and left to be put under arrest in a lamp post. Alex swore vengeance the next time they meet. This cost Spider-Man to miss his history test and now has to make up for it. Eventually, Peter came across with an old foe Maximus Gargan again who was also subjected Norman's experiments and was endowed with the powers of a scorpion and is equipped with an experimental mechanical power-suit and a cybernetic tail.
Spider-Man fought Gargan at the public mall right after attacking it to get Spider-Man's attention and saved a child from an explosion. Scorpion proved to be one of the most dangerous opponents that Peter ever fought as his powers rivals that of Spider-Man's. Gargan outmatched and defeated Spider-Man in battle but before he can unmask the wall-crawler, Gargan is overcome with sudden pain in his head, the experiment started to cause secondary effects on Max's mind, causing him to start going insane. Gargan was then drove off by the police and Spider-Man escapes to find Gargan but didn't have any luck. Little did he know that both Peter and Maximus Gargan were both being targeted by Norman Osborn now as Gargan was later seen at the docks, attacking anyone near him, Spider-Man arrives once again and managed to save a few civilians caught in the attack. After declaring to get revenge on Oscorp for putting him in the suit, Gargan tries escape from Spider-Man through the subway tunnels with Spider-Man chasing him. They fought once more inside a subway train until Spider-Man came out on top and thrown Gargan into an armored truck, hoping that this would be the last time he ever confronted Gargan. Spider-Man than thinks back at what Gargan said about Oscorp and wonders if Oscorp is hiding some dirty secrets that he should know about.
Later back at Oscorp, and unknown to Peter, Norman had his eyes on Spider-Man, seeing that his hitmen wasn't able to capture Spider-Man for his Oz expirement, Norman had no other choice but to test the unfinished version of the Oz serum on himself as his contract to create a new super soldier serum was almost up. Norman calls off the deal with the Kingpin and tell him that Spider-Man will suspect who is behind the creation of Sandman, Rhino and Scorpion and hence Osborn must stop creating more supervillains to throw Spider-Man off the track. Norman went back to his studies and have one of his scientist Dr. Otto Octavius inter mixed Norman's own DNA with Oz Serum, hoping for an successful outcome and become a heightened version of himself to prove his formula could succeed. But the process was a failure, Norman's mutation turned him into something else and the incident gave birth to Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus upon that incident. Causing an explosion at the Oscorp Tower. The next morning, Norman wakes up back at his town loft, barley remembering what happen, then his personal assistant and Oscorp director Dr. Donald Menken stormed in to inform him of the incident back at the tower, letting him know about the dead scientists, his son Harry at the hospital and their glider that happened to be stolen. After picking up Harry from the hospital, Norman Osborn himself started experiencing the said side affects of the Oz serum. A week later at OsCorp, Norman Osborn was forced to step down as CEO of OsCorp and promoted a fellow employee Mendel Stromm to take Norman's place as CEO.
Out of Reach
While in class, the social studies teacher tasked the students to choose their hero and explain their reasons behind choosing that hero. Peter smirked at the idea as Peter himself is Spider-Man. However, Peter ultimately chose his Uncle Ben as someone he looks up to. In between this time, Dr. Octavius awakened from his coma. The same incident that turned Osborn into Green Goblin also turned Dr. Octavius into Dr. Octopus. Awakened, he discovered the very scientific tools he used to help him with the experiment fused to his flesh and spine and can completely control them only with his mind. Becoming (possibly) insane due to brain damage from the accident as he sees himself as "superior" than anyone he knows. He then escapes the hospital, and decided his first order of business was to take revenge on all those he has deemed his enemies and embraced the name Doctor Octopus and began a murderous rampage. Few days later, Mendel Stromm, the new CEO of Oscorp was making his public announcment over his Apply Energy Station to the media when Octavius attacked his power plant. Peter saw the attack as well and tailed a helicopter as a shortcut to intercept Dr.Octopus.
Spider-Man fought him but didn't manage well. When Octavius caught Spider-Man with his mechanical arms, he assumed the hero had indeed traced him back from Sandman, Scorpion and Rhino and orchestrated the accident, even though Spider-Man had nothing to do with it. Spidey was beaten, caught and thrown out of the facility, knocking him unconscious with one of his webshooters crushed in battle. Spider-Man was then met by Capt. George Stacy and his SWAT team. Stacy unmasks him, but Peter is woken by his spider-sense, and knocks Stacy down before he could know who he is. After webbing the eyes of the officers and easily defeating them, Spider-Man quickly grabbed his mask and barely escaped as he was shot in the leg by a rubber bullet. Aunt May returned home but couldn't let her see his injuries. He quickly escaped out of sight of Aunt May and quickly hid above his bedroom ceiling while Aunt May re-organized his messy closet while completely demoralized from the failure of stopping Octavius.
Later in social studies class, they continued the discussion about super-humans and politics. Liz Allen voiced her displeasure over the subject as she herself fears mutants, so did Kong as he feels that Super-heroes are too destructive and can't be trusted, this however started a class arguement. Back at home, Aunt May notices Peter's bruised face and is limping because of the fight. He covers the fight up by saying he accidentally fell off of flight of stairs. Peter went to his basement before preparing for dinner and tries to fix his damaged webshooter before facing Octavius again, only to discover that he doesn't have enough resources and the components to fix it unfortunately. The next day, at school, Peter was invited by Gwen to dinner at her house to meet her family. After Aunt May dropped him off, he was soon greeted by Gwen's mom at the door and they soon begin dinner. Dinner was going pretty well until after one of Geroge Stacy's sons ask him if they caught that "spider-guy" yet, Peter and Stacy get into a debate about who is doing a better job at protecting the city. After dinner, Peter and Gwen go to her apartment building's roof where the young couple could spend some time together alone.
Ten minutes later, Peter hears police sirens and spots a line of Police cars below him responding towards an incident. He then spots Capt. George Stacy entering a police car outside of the apartment. After having suspicion that it could be Octavius again, Peter leaves dinner and suits up as Spider-Man. Peter finds out that there was an attack at Oscorp Archives and Otto Octavius kidnapped all the Oscorp scientist who made fun of him and his father Tobert Octavius, who abused him during his childhood and has taken them to an abandoned acme warehouse and he intended to get Stromm next. He then plans to kill of them to show the world he can truly defeat his enemies. Later that night, Spider-Man paid a visit to Mendel Stromm. Spidey disabled his guards and explained to Stromm that he'shear to help and is not his enemy. Stromm offered Spider-Man money to take care of Octavius but but Peter felt insulted to be bribed and swung off; only to pretend that he was leaving. He trailed on top of Stromm's limo to Oscorp's lab in Harlem to stop Octavius with one working webshooter. Dock Ock waited for Stromm at his very own lab. Stromm decided to escape the situation by driving off, but Octavius turned over his limo and grabbed Stromm. However, Spider-Man lifts the limo off of him and was met by Capt. Stacy yet again, who orders Spider-Man to surrender. However, Spider-Man was able to convince George Stacy of his trustworthiness and they both team up to go after Ock. They chase Ock to an abandon warehouse and came to the hostages rescue. He faced Doctor Octopus to an even fight while Capt. Stacy and his officers managed to rescue the hostages. While the fight continues, Spider-Man is trying to convince Ock that he can help him. Realizing he can't continue his original plan, Octavius took his father and warned Spider-Man if he comes to Tobert's rescue, he'll kill him. Octopus then takes his father to the top of the empire state building and dangles him with one of his tentacles, stating he's better than his father in every way.
Spider-Man then comes to Tobert's rescue, begging Octavius to stop. Otto, unfazed by the hero's pleads, simply tells Spider-Man that he warns him and knocks his father of the thirty story building after wishing Tobert "Happy father's day". Spider-Man tries to stop him, but Octavius stops him before Tobert hits the sidewalk below, killing him instantly. The enraged Spider-Man and Doc Ock then battle again, Spider-Man preformed better but still got caught by Ock's tentacles. Fortunately, Spider-Man whipped up a chemical at ESU before encountering Octavius again and uses it to fuse two of his mechanical arms together. He distracted Ock long enough for him to counterattck; he successfully beaten Ock unconscious and was successfully taken in by the authorites. But even though he successfully beaten Dock Ock and saved his captors, Peter couldn't let go of the fact that he failed to save Ock's father, the death affected him so much so that Peter even considered giving up on costumed heroics, thinking that he failed Uncle Ben for not trying hard enough. The next day during social studies, the student's had shown their presentations to the class about the heroes they admired, Peter presented his Uncle Ben to the class through a form of an essay and how is Uncle taught him so much before he died and mentions that we all don't have to have super-powers to make a difference and how his powerful quote "With Great power, comes with great Responsibility" applies to all of us. After finishing, the room fell silent as the depressed Peter walked back to his seat while his classmates stare at him with empathy. Fortunately at that moment, his own essay alone was what motivated Peter to keep on going and live up to Uncle Ben's word's and memories as Spider-Man. Later at night, Spider-Man speaks with Captain George Stacy who admitted that he was wrong about the young hero, with the latter saying that while he doesn't approve of his vigilantism, he'll set it aside.
When Sparks Fly
During the morning, while Peter was heading to school, a gang strike hit the Oscorp tower, orchestrated by Herman Schultz and his men, Arriving on the scene of the crime as Spider-Man. Spider-Man made his way to the lab-room where the Schultz's men were keeping hostages, including his friend Harry Osborn, who he saved. Harry directed Spider-Man to the reactor room and guided him through the process of reactivating the cooling and venting, allowing him to stabilize the tower and prevent it from detonating. Finally, Spider-Man confronted Herman himself, now wielding a new weapon- The Seismic Harness Construction Resource gauntlets, declaring himself as The Shocker. Realizing that Herman had broken into Oscorp to recover a sonic generator to power himself up, Shocker then blasts Spider-Man away with the gauntlets and quickly made his escape via Helicopter. Spider-Man quickly chases the chopper and subdues Shocker and his gang by confining their escape chopper to a giant spider web that Spider-Man quickly constructed up with his webshooters. He saved the day, but it caused him to be late for Gwen's study date.
Peter had to web-sling over his high school's hot rooftop, quickly switch back into his regular clothes, and gotten to the library. Peter was in such a hurry that he crashed into the library room causing a scene, he shushed by almost everyone in the library funny enough. Peter then meets up with Gwen at a table where they both tutor Flash Thompson for his biology class. Even though Peter and Flash felt irritated towards each other, Gwen convinced Peter to help her tutor and befriend Flash. After class, Peter and Gwen were heading to the football field, Peter and Gwen made plans to go out to the carnival friday night to make up for the movie date. After school, Peter meets up with Harry at the local cafe to see if he was okay after the robbery at Oscorp tower, he also notices a band aid patch on Harry's head. Harry then assured him that aside from all that, him and his dad's co-workers are fine. But Harry was still a little let down that Norman was fired as CEO of Oscorp.
During the night of Peter and Gwen's date at the carnival, the pair met up with Mary Jane, Harry, Eddie Brock, Randy Robertson, Flash Thompson and his friends. As the night progressed happily it was cut short however when the power at the carnival shut out, prompting Peter to leave his friends and go investigate as Spider-Man. Upon arriving at the scene, he ran into Max Dillon, a electrician who has gained the ability to generate and control electrostatic energy after being struck by lightning. As Max was surrounded by the police, Spider-Man attacks and immobilizes Max in his webbing. Max, confused and angry, repeatedly tells him to leave him alone, before being forced to fight back. Spidey then made a few attempts to avoid his attacks though he was soon struck by Max. Max then try to escape but was being shot at by the NYPD police. This prompted Max to attack the officers and Captain Stacy, and actually killing people, putting everyone at the carnival at great risk! As all this was going on, Spider-Man jumped right back in to the fight and managed to save few civilians from getting killed, including MJ and Harry while Gwen on the other hand managed to save a little girl from falling debris.
Before anyone else could get killed, Spider-Man grabs a fire hose and tries to spray Dillon down but Dillon manages to fire an electric discharge at Spider-Man, frying him alive while at the same time draining Max Dillon from his powers as Spider-Man and hosing him down with water. Both Spider-Man and Max suddenly collapsed to the ground. Spider-Man then regains consciousness moments only to see a black van pulling up filled with what looks like a squad team. The stunned Spider-Man watches as they grab and put Dillon in the van. One of the agents then began walking towards Spider-Man while he was still stunned but Spider-Man quickly gets back on his feet and escaped. Peter then switches back into his civilian clothes and met back to his friends with Gwen infuriated and fed up with Peter's flakiness. Meanwhile, Max Dillon was brought to Norman Osborn who convinces Max to hunt down and deliver Spider-Man too him, dead or alive so that he could find a cure for his powers through studying his corpse. When Max asked him how can he find the hero, Norman instructed him to use Peter Parker. Later on the next day, Eddie confronts Peter about him running off from them like he did last night and was pretty mad at Peter. He explains he was trying to help with the situation but Eddie doesn't buy it.
While Peter is coping over the break up between him and Gwen, and everyone basically being mad at him, Peter arrives at the Daily Bugle and turns in some photos of last night's fight with Max Dillon and receives some break up advice from MJ and a fellow co-worker Betty Brant, just as Max Dillon appears who would now go by the name "Electro" and questions everyone for Peter Parker. He then demands that J. Jonah Jameson to tell him where Peter is, as he knows Peter photographs Spider-Man. Jameson spots Peter hiding and lies to Electro about not knowing where he is, giving Peter signals to leave. Peter then showed up as Spider-Man and the two fought it out while the others quickly evacuated the building. They then bring the fight outside as it was starting to pour down rain, Electro then blasts Spidey through an apartment window and crashes into a college student's room, Spidey cracks a witty joke to the student then heads back out into the fight only to discover that he had disappeared. There was then a citywide blackout and Spider-Man realized Max had taken out the Oscorp's Apply Energy power station to recharge himself. Spider-Man swung to the power station where he confronted Electro. While Spider-Man dodges Electro's attacks, Electro begins to solidify himself from all of the electricity that he's absorbing, making him more powerful and appear bigger in the process. Spidey then gets hit by Electro and skids across the ground violently as he's landing. As Electro is absorbing more and more electricity, Spider-Man then formulated a plan to overcharge Electro like a battery. After getting a Electro's attention, he hides behind a wall while the fully charged Electro is looking for him. Electro then suddenly appears in front of him, grabs him and flew up in the air while holding Spider-Man by the throat. Spidey manages to break free and punches Electro repeatedly until they both land back on solid ground, causing a small explosion.
Spider-Man then immediately jumps up and lands a spinning kick to electro's face, causing another explosion and Spider-Man was flown back like a ragdoll and fly through a metal power grid. Spider-Man slowly gets up and head for the control room to turn on the generator. Spider-Man was then shot out through the window by Electro and begins to grow in size. Spider-Man then tries to get Electro near the generator, while a Daily Bugle news helicopter appeared above them with Mary Jane inside recording the whole thing with the camera. After getting Electro close enough to generator, Spider-Man webs at the generator with the electricity running through his webline, Spider-Man then quickly sticks the webline onto Electro. Electro was overcharged as planned, and promptly exploded but the explosion created a chain reaction, causing the generators and the power grid towers to explode. The news helicopter that Mary Jane was then hit by the shockwave of electricity and begins to spin out of control, Spider-Man sees this then quickly climbs up unto a roof and catches the helicopter with his webline and pulls it before the helicopter could hit the ground.
As the helicopter skids across the ground, the weaken and exhausted Spider-Man walks towards MJ and Ned Leeds(the one who piloted the helicopter) MJ thanked Spider-Man for stopping Electro and asked for an interview and Peter obliged. Mary Jane then asked, "Who are you?" and "Why the mask?" and before the tired Spider-Man can say anything, the tall building above them begins to tumble down after the generator exploded, Spider-Man quickly grabs both MJ and Ned on his back and runs away from the collapsing building. After MJ notices she left the footage back at the helicopter, Ned Leeds takes out the footage he caught on his phone to show MJ but immediately flies out of his hand, "NED!!" MJ shouts out in fury. Spider-Man then jumps out of the way of the collapsing building as it lands on the helicopter. Spider-Man then put MJ and Ned Leeds down and watches as the city's power began to turn back on and Spider-Man ensures that the police would come and pick them up and webswings away. Later on the next day, Peter tells Aunt May about the breakup between him and Gwen and tells her that he's just no good for her but Aunt May goes out of the way to note how inherently good he is. Peter then decided to finally confess his secret identity to Gwen to fix the broken relationship.
As Peter (in his spider-man suit) watches Gwen walk out of ESU, Peter is still debating if it was a good idea to tell Gwen his secret or not. As she strolls onto the sidewalk, Pete finally comes to a decision. Peter clings onto a building in the same area as Gwen and approaches her as Spider-Man at first. Gwen was shocked but at the same time, filled with excitement. She thanks him for saving her friends from Electro back at the carnival. They both exchange a verbal friendly chat for a brief time. He then offers Gwen a swing around the city which Gwen accepts. They then swing around the skyscrapers of Manhattan as Gwen is having a great time, they then land on top of the empire state building where Peter finally shows her he is the masked vigilante Spider-Man. Gwen reacted with complete shock and amazement that Peter is a actually Spider-Man. Peter then explained the origins of his powers: the spider bite back at OsCorp. Gwen realized and joked that she herself could've been Spider-Man. Gwen then figures out why Peter lied to her about his identity was so that he could keep her safe from his enemies. This bring their relationship even closer and the two shared a kiss for the first time. Peter drops Gwen off at her house exchanging one last kiss before Peter swings away at night.
During a VistaCorp product reveal conference, A robbery was taking place. A loud bang echoed throughout the hallway and a cloud of green smoke appeared, followed by a loud laughter. The smoke began to clear as a figure wearing a green suit with a glass helmet being worn over his head announced his identity as Mysterio who steals technology from corporations like Tricorp and Oscorp, whilst pretending to be a sorcerer "saving" mankind from the evils of technology. As the authorities arrives to arrest this mysterious character, Mysterio disappears with the technology he had stolen. Leaving behind a puff of green smoke that was shaped like a question mark.
Later back at the Bugle, Peter overhears the staff talking about the recent robbery and this mysterious Mysterio character. At one point, they compared him to Doctor Strange due to him using magic to aid in his robberies. Meanwhile, Mysterio committed another robbery at Oscorp overnight. Peter, MJ, Gwen and Harry are investigating over the recent robberies he committed so far in Peter's basement. Peter looked over some Daily Bugle clippings that he has posted on the wall of his basement, detailing many recent robberies within the last week and a map of the city. Peter had a hunch and if that hunch was correct, he could trap Mysterio at the next scene of his crime. As Harry and MJ head off to go to school, Peter and Gwen stayed behind while Peter marked the tech companies hit in the order they were hit. Peter then figures out that Omnitech is the next and only major company in the city that hasn't been hit yet, like he's leaving a trail for Spider-Man. Before he heads to school, Spider-Man swings over to the Omnitech building just as Mysterio was about to commit yet another robbery.
Spider-Man took out his goons but was outclassed by Mysterio and escaped with the tech. After being blamed for letting Mysterio get away, Spider-Man rushed out as the sirens blared in the distance. He couldn't help but too feel responsible and the guilt ate him up as Mysterio was still out large, having no clue what the man's plans was. Peter calls Gwen and tells her that he's going to look into the Oscorp security cameras, thinking they've might have caught something. Once their, Mendell Stromm gave him some clues that could help him give Spider-Man the advantage on taking down Mysterio, as his hallucinogen gas tricked their heads into thinking he disappeared but in reality, he was actually still there the entire time. Back in school, at a gathering, Peter, Gwen and Harry hears Flash and his new girlfriend, Liz Allen arguing again, and how Flash throws a fit every time Liz said's something bad about Spider-Man. Harry then sticks up for Peter after Flash negatively compared Peter to Spider-Man. After Flash caught his girlfriend's obvious intrests and amusement towards Harry after making a snarky comment about Flash, Flash sparked a fire by making fun of Harry's dead mother. Harry then swung at Flash but Flash held him back and pins him into the wall and gave him a black eye. After Peter and Gwen stopped the fight and checked on Harry to see if he was alright, Liz dumped Flash and went to go check on Harry as well. Flash then realizes that he might've have taken it too far.
Later after school, Spider-Man swung around the city, looking for any signs of Mysterio. His Spider-Sense went off right as an alarm from an electronics store does. Spider-Man swings down as he catches Mysterio in the act. Spider-Man swung forward with a staggering kick. Spider-Man was going to bring him in until a blast of green smoke was shot towards Spider-Man. He tries to web him up until suddenly, he felt rather hot and sweaty. He turned around and saw the last person he would ever want to see walking on earth again. Dennis Carradine, Uncle Ben's murder stood right in front of him with a smirk on his face. As he deliriously listened to all the taunts of his Uncle's murderer. Spider-Man then swung his fist back but the image of the murderer flickered in his vision as he sees the surprised and fearful face of a police officer for a split second until the image flashed back to the taunting murderer. Peter's brain is literally pounding as it felt like it was about to be ripped apart. The officer shouted at Spider-Man to stop. While Spider-Man was able to pull back most of his punch, he was unable to block it completely as he caught the officer right in the chest, knocking the wind right out of him as he flew back. His vision was focused enough to see a slightly pained expression of the officer's face and Peter started to panic.
Spider-Man escapes and swings home but barely able to steady himself while he's crashing from building to building, trying to block the face of the man that murdered his uncle as he is seeing him everywhere he goes. Peter wonders if he could ever face Gwen or Aunt May again. Peter's head felt like it was about to explode, not only that but he felt dazed and confused. Mysterio effectively crippled his effectiveness to do anything without lashing out irrationally towards innocent people. He gets in contact with Gwen and tells her what happen as he's wincing in pain. She then offered to help him by creating an antidote that could counteract the drug that Mysterio used on him by using Peter's blood sample, regardless if Peter would hurt her in his current state. They swung over towards the ESU where Gwen managed to create the antidote, feeling confident at first but then second guessing her work before injecting the antidote into him. The antidote soon worked and Peter thanked her and swings her back home.
As Peter was swinging her home, they see Manhattan covered with misty green fog from a distance. Peter drops her off and quickly heads towards Manhattan. Once their, he noticed an area filled with hysterical civilians. Spider-Man then spots Mysterio who was piloting an enormous floating orb and infecting the people of New York with the same chemical agent that Peter was affected with as he sees. Spider-Man crashes through it as Mysterio backed off in absolute horror and confusion. Spidey was then able to subdue Mysterio but it turns out it was just an android. Peter then figures out that his whole string of robberies was just so he could build this machine to attack the city with the gas. During this time, a string of bank robberies were taking place in parts of New York oddly enough, but before he could go investigate them, Spider-Man needs to stop mysterio. Spider-Man shuts down the Orb. Spider-Man then discovers his hideout and quickly took out his goons and finds three delivery trucks loaded with stolen cash.
Spider-Man and Mysterio fought, but Mysterio was still caught off guard and had trouble regaining control of the situation. Mysterio tried to choke Spider-Man, but Spidey escaped his hold and pulls himself up in the time for Mysterio to throw a bomb right towards where Spider-Man stood. Spidey pulled himself up with his webbing at the last second with the floor exploding underneath him. He then propelled himself at Mysterio. Mysterio unleashes several more illusions but Spidey easily avoids them as his illusions couldn't fool Spider-Man anymore thanks to his spider-sense slowly coming back. Mysterio then disappeared out of thin air it seemed but Spider-Man shot his webbing, wrapping up an invisible Mysterio. Spidey walked up to him and found the source of his invisibility powers from that amulet he was wearing around his neck and ripped it off him and Mysterio became visible. Spider-Man took the fishbowl off him to reveal a dark haired man named Quentin Beck, a former special effects artist and an up and coming film director. Spider-Man then finds out that the reason why he released the gas onto the city was only so that Beck and his goons could rob various banks to pay off Quentin's debts for the Kingpin while the authorities are distracted with the chaos and not Mysterio. This was also how Spider-Man discovers that the Kingpin can still run his operations behind bars which infuriated him.
Spider-Man left him for the authorities and despite casualties from Mysterio's rampage, the city returned back to normal. At home, Aunt May confronted Peter, suspecting him up to no good after he missed her recent calls and not being being home after curfew, especially when the city was in chaos not long ago. When Peter explained he was at Gwen's, Aunt May caught onto his lie as she called Gwen first and Gwen claimed he was at the library. With his alibi completely destroyed, Peter couldn't explain himself and Aunt May decided to ground Peter for two weeks for lying to her.
While trying to prevent the Vulture from stealing a mysterious piece of tech from Alchemax that could help aid him in his robberies, Spider-Man was suddenly approached by two Spider-Men from other dimensions who requested Peter's assistance to aid the reassembled Spider-Army to defeat the returned Inheritors. Before accepting the heroes' request, Peter asked for their help in capturing Vulture as he's still on the loose. The Spider-Men agreed to help and the three of them chased Vulture and his goons throughout the neighborhood after tracking down Vulture's delivery truck. After delivering Vulture and his goons to the police, Spider-Man and his counterparts prepared to depart this universe to stop the Inheritors.
The Green Goblin arc
A week later, while in school, Peter, Gwen, and Harry stood watching as Liz and Flash concluded their argument after what happen with Flash and Harry. Peter and Gwen then tries to convince Harry to go ask out Liz for the up and coming school dance since she clearly likes him. While shy at first, Harry agreed to ask her out, fortunate for him, she said yes. When he returned home, to his shock, Osborn's personal assistant came to retrieve him for a visitation as Norman Osborn extended an invitation to him. May allowed Peter to go hang out with Harry after showing good behavior. Upon arriving, Harry and Gwen intercepted him at the front door and gives the pair a tour around of the Osborn home. The three talked about eachother's goals and wishes. Peter is confident his interning with Dr. Connors will solve the Parker money problem, as Harry's dad, Norman, made it rich as a scientist. As the three continued to roam around, Gwen peered inside a office room and saw several press clippings on the wall, all detailing Spider-Man.
Harry tells them that his father seemed more interested in things about Spider-Man than being with him, and also that he's been more secretive lately than when he wasn't around. Relating to the topic of Spider-Man, Harry then went on to discuss on how Spider-Man became a positive role model in Harry's life every since the Herman Shultz robbery at Oscorp. When Norman himself overhears and calls the kids out, Peter attempts to apologize. But, Norman stops him, telling him never to apologize--that being his own policy and introduces himself. He then proceeds to question Peter and Gwen on the internship, asking Harry if he also had received the position yet; he ashamedly admits not. Even though Norman enjoys the company of Peter and Gwen, Harry was asked to dismiss them from their home as Harry had to get ready for his tutoring session, which Harry forgot about. Harry motioned for Gwen and Peter to walk out with him out the door and said their goodbyes before going their separate ways. A day after, there was a priceless ruby in the Manhattan museum when a thief who goes by the name "Rocket Racer" came out of nowhere and sped off with the Ruby. Peter was present taking photo's for The Daily Bugle at the time and when he witnessed this, he quickly donned his Spider-Man suit and chased after him. The amateur villain gives the wall-crawler good chase, but the suspect had gotten away after Spider-Man stopped to save nearby civilians from being crushed by a delivery truck.
Spider-Man fought Rocket Racer again where he attacked and injured a guard. Rocket Racer sped away pulling Spider-Man behind him. The hero tried to stop him by sticking him to the street but Turbo Jet got away. Spider-Man then leapt up and began swinging after him. Rocket Racer then knocked a car around as he flew into a a factory. Spider-Man followed into the top level of the factory. Rocket Racer hid behind a line of mannequins. As the hero entered the room, Rocket Racer pushed the dummies into him knocking him down. As the thief fled, Spider-Man threw a mannequin at him knocking him down. Spider-Man once again asked for the book. After Spider-Man demanded him for the book, Rocket Racer leapt up and sped off. What Rocket Racer didn't know is that Spider-Man was able to pin a prototype tracker (dubbed "Spider-Tracers") on him while he fled. From there, Spider-Man began following Rocket Racer's movements and learned that he's working for Kingpin as he would secretly meet with a man who bought the items he stole. Spider-Man also found out the identity of the mysterious Rocket Racer is Robert Johnson. Spider-Man followed Robert to find him meeting a buyer. He confronted Robert but when the police interrupted, the thief escaped.
"More to be added!"
This version of Peter Parker is generally a mature, geeky, and very intelligent 16 year old kid. As Spidey, He is brave and righteous hero with an indomitable sense of justice and responsibility. To those in authority and the public, he is seen as an outlaw and vigilante, someone just as dangerous as those he has brought in. Before the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter was content with using his newly gained powers as a vehicle for fame and fortune, joining his school's football team and using his powers to help win several games, and even using them to win a wrestling match. During this time, Peter was arrogant and vain, caring about himself and his image more than doing the right thing, such as when he didn't stopped an armed Burglar because he simply just didn't care.
After the death of Uncle Ben, Peter learned what truly mattered in life and decided to use his powers not for fame or fortune, which led him to a path of heroism. Selfless and brave, Peter took the lessons from his late uncle to heart and used his powers with responsibility and protected civilians from the criminals and villains that would risk their safety. Peter is also almost incapable of doing anything evil or unjust, and will struggle against doing such things. A major part of his character is his pessimistic attitude and clear unhappiness of life, it worsens after the death of his Uncle and the guilt behind it all. He has a strong sense of responsibility and if a person dies around him, he'll become depressed for having failed in his responsibility.
He tends to place himself as "The Jokester" in a situation where he'll crack a joke, to the annoyance of his foes. Even at times where he's scared out of his mind or is in tense situations, he'll crack a one liner too light heart the mood as Spider-Man. But whenever a life is in danger, he will stop telling jokes and take the current situation seriously. Similar his 616 counterpart. He is a very intelligent specifically in science, mathematics, mechanics, biology, and physics. He is smart enough to perfect his father's webbing formula and is capable of constructing his own mechanical web-shooters. He gathers science books and novels such as The Hunger Games and The Hobbit in his room, along with his Spider-Man costume. Peter is capable to come up with clever strategies to beat his opponents due to his scientific expertise.
Peter is also a loner. His individualistic style is due to having been a social outcast in his youth. He is also socially awkward and sometimes gets nervous and stutters alot. However, this has gradually lessen with time upon getting his powers. As much as he hates crime and superhumans who use their powers for evil purposes, killing and torturing his enemies is the line he'll never cross, even though he did kill Dennis Carradine by punching him through a glass window and Electro by overcharging him with energy until he explodes, they were both unintentional.
His killing of Electro was due to his strong belief he would harm others and overcharging him seemed like it was his option at the time. And the killing of Dennis Carradine was an accident on it's own as Peter went out of his way to try to save him before Dennis fell to his death and Peter felt guilt, and remorse right after, aside from the fact that Dennis Carradine was the one that killed his Uncle. Peter is deeply loyal to his friends and families. Unfortunately his double life often prevents him from being near those he loves, and he can only use his photography position so many times. This causes many to feel that he is actually disloyal and flaky.
As much as he hates the thought that they think less of him he knows he must maintain the double life for their safety. Spider-Man's plight was to be misunderstood and persecuted by the very public that he swore to protect. J. Jonah Jameson, publisher of The Daily Bugle, launches an editorial campaign against Spider-Man. Despite the negative publicity and public reception, Peter continued on with his superheroics knowing that the job needed to be done whether people appreciated him or not.
Powers and Abilities
Spider-Man possesses the powers of a Spider, granted to him from an genetically modified spider. His DNA has been rewritten from that spider giving superhuman strength, speed, toughened flesh and numerous arachnid- like abilities. His powers include:
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sense which warns him of potential immediate danger by the manifestation of a tingling sensation at the base of his skull, and links with his superhuman kinetics, enabling him to evade most any injuries, unless he cognitively overrides his automatic reflexes. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant response to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second warning, which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also can create a general response on the order of several minutes: he cannot discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He can, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. Spider-Man's spider-sense is directional and can guide him to or away from hidden weapons and enemies. His spider-sense is so powerful that he can even sense danger from literally miles away. Sudden and extreme threats can cause his spider-sense to react with painful intensity with a sound of a high pitched bell. Spider-Man can also sense and dodge attacks directed randomly or by a computer. Using his spider-sense to time his enhanced reflexes, Spider-Man can casually dodge attacks up to and including automatic-weapons fire, provided there is sufficient distance. His spider-sense is sufficiently well-linked to his reflexes to the point that a threat can trigger them even when Spider-Man is asleep or stunned. His spider-sense does help him preserve his secret identity,so it alerts him to observers or cameras when changing into or out of his costume. The spider-sense does not react to those who Peter does not consider to be a threat, such as Aunt May. Spider-Man can choose to ignore his spider-sense, and distraction or exhaustion can lose its effectiveness. Spider-Man's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spider-sense" provides him. His body begins to produce more adrenaline after the sense is triggered, an extension of the 'fight or flight syndrome. This ability is limitlessly passive and limitlessly uncontrollable and the sense also gives him other sensory abilities such as:
- Echolocation: When deprived of his eyesight, Spider-Man can use his spider-sense as a radar similar to the radar sense of Daredevil.
- Accelerated Perception: Spider-Man can see and hear anyone and anything at an accelerated rate. Spider-Man can see and hear things that travel at the speed of light or faster and react to it before it could even touch him.
- Vibration Sensation via Webbing: Spider-Man's senses evolved to the point that he is able to sense vibrations transmitted on his webbing. Spider-Man can utilize this to find beings or objects within buildings or other places by the vibrations they emit when moving.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift approximately 5 tons. Spider-Man's physical strength is sufficient to lift and throw objects as heavy as most standard automobiles with ease. He's so strong, that he can send people flying several feet away with just a single punch or kick and is capable of breaking a door open with just a single kick. He must also pull his punches and kicks unless fighting someone of similar or greater physical durability. Otherwise, his blows would prove fatal to a normal human being. As this Peter is not fully grown into adulthood it can be assumed that he will be able to lift 10 tons like his mainstream counterpart. Spider-Man's muscles are stronger and more efficient as a result of the spider's bite. He is able to easily overpower normal humans, destroy everyday items with one strike, pull apart guns, swing at high velocities on a rope or web, and halt a large bus from crushing civilians. Spider-Man's physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to be able to jump higher and farther than a normal human, easily capable of jumping from one building over a street to the next. Spider-Man demonstrated this when he leaped over thirty feet vertically into the air when he first leaped out of the way of an oncoming car.
- Superhuman Jumping and Leaping: Spider-Man's physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him the ability to jump and leap to a height of several stories in a single bound. As a result of the spider's bite, Spider-Man can jump and leap much higher than a normal human, easily capable of jumping and leaping from one building over a street to the next.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man possesses the proportionate speed of a spider, due to this, Spider-Man's reflexes are faster than an average human by about the factor of 40 (he is often able to dodge bullets at an accelerated rate that is so fast that they appear in slow motion) and is capable of running and moving at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. With his quick reflexes, it can help him in both hand-to-hand combat and shooting web. He could easily catch up with accelerating cars while on foot. Spider-Man is capable of actually dodging bullets and lightning at point blank range. He is also slightly faster than The Lizard. Spider-Man moves faster than the eye can follow. And thanks to his spider- sense, Spider-Man can literally see things that travels at the speed of light before it could even touch him. He is so fast, he could appear, disappear and reappear as fast as a blur.
- Superhuman Senses: His senses appear to be heightened, especially when used in conjunction with his spider-sense. His eyesight however, appears to be unchanged as he still uses his glasses and contacts whenever he's Spider-Man. He is able to see people or things a distance away and see anyone and anything at an accelerated rate however. While using his spider-sense, he can sense vibrations to detect potential enemies much like most real spiders. His senses are so sharp, that he can detect a hollow area under a solid steel floor by walking over it.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 35 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack, or even gunfire, in close range. his reflexes is so advanced, he could even dodge some multiple attacks from The Lizard and Vulture's wing Blades. In some cases, Spider-Man was shown to even doge gunfire using just his reflexes without his spider-sense.
- Superhuman Stamina: He has a greater stamina than a normal human meaning he can perform physical activities for an extended period.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Peter is able to perfectly balance on any object no matter how small or narrow with little effort even with two fingers.
- Enhanced Hearing: Peter is able to hear any danger, via spider sense while he hear that it also may warn him of any danger. hearing is superhumanly acute and enables him to detect sound at virtually any frequency, and he possesses the potential to detect, sort out, and correctly identify sounds through thick steel doors, and across considerable distances.
- Superhuman Durability: As a result of his mutation, Spider-Man's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by a incredibly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort. He was capable of sustaining a fall onto a car, withstand a lightning bolt, and has even been hit through steel and brick walls and survived both with no injury other than a sore body.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man's equilibrium, dexterity, and flexibility are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, trampolines.
- Wall-Crawling: After being bitten, Peter's skin grows a sharp, "barbed" like material and this allows Peter to cling to surfaces (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) with an upper limit of several tons per finger. This ability appears to be consciously used. Although can be be activated by stress or altered states of consciousness. He is capable of using this combined with his strength to uproot objects from their place without having to fully use his hands.
- Healing Factor: Peter's healing factor is slightly more inferior compared to his other counterparts and it takes him a day or two to recover from some of the more serious beatings. This incarnation of Spider-Man hasn't aged into an adult yet, where his powers evolve as he ages, so if he ever does reaches to adulthood, Spider-Man's metabolism would be greater thus allowing him to regenerate from serious injuries much faster. It is unknown if his healing is fast enough to effect his aging.
- Night Vision: Spider-Man received enhanced night vision, allowing him to see in pitch-black conditions.
- Psychic Alignment with Arthropods: Peter's spider-sense improved, creating a psychic alignment with his environment, specifically a more emphatic and sympathetic relationship with spiders and insects. While connected to the varying populations of spiders, he is unable to communicate with them directly or command them like how Ant-Man does.
- Genius Intellect: Peter is very smart, specifically in science, mathematics, mechanics, biology, and physics. He is smart enough to perfect his father's webbing formula and to construct working mechanical web-shooters at age 16. Upon starting his crime-fighting career, he created a device out of a cell phone to listen to police recordings about the crimes that are currently happening. Peter is also capable to come up with clever strategies to beat his opponents due to his scientific expertise. He also solves a formula that is key to creating the formula that mutates Curt Connors into the Lizard. According to Parker, his IQ is north of 250.
- Indomitable Will: Peter has a strong Force of Will, and is almost incapable of doing anything evil or unjust, and will struggle against doing such things.
- Science Major: He is a brilliant individual, with exceptional skill in practically every field of science, with expertise in applied science, chemistry, physics, biology, engineering, and mechanics. He is an accomplished chemist and physicist.
- Skilled Photographer: Peter is a very skilled photographer and works for the Daily Bugle as a photographer.
- Web-Slinging: Peter uses his web-shooters to travel by swinging on web-lines. He uses his superhuman speed and agility to swing high and rapidly from place to place. He seems to be able to cover much of the city in a considerable amount of time.
- Skilled Inventor: Peter has been able to use his amazing intellect and resources in his basement workshop to create many inventions such as his famous webshooters and Spider-Tracers.
- Skilled Acrobat: Parker is an excellent athlete, excelling in all gymnastic fields and being able to perform every acrobatic stunt ever performed, including others that can never be performed by even an Olympic acrobat thanks to his great strength and phenomenal equilibrium.
- Skilled Combatant: Using a mixture of his superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, speed, equilibrium, Spider-sense, and web-shooters, Peter is able to utilize an devastating acrobatic fighting style that makes him a formidable opponent and allows him to easily take down thugs, cops and even the more physically powerful beings just by combining his superhuman capabilities with his scientifically adept and creative mind.
- Knitting: After starting his crime-fighting career, Peter was able to create his own costume.
As Spider-Man has not fully grown into adulthood, he is not as strong as his Earth-616 counterpart yet, however he is portrayed as being sufficiently strong enough to lift conventional vehicles and cars. Peter is currently capable of lifting approximately 5 tons.
- Spider-Sense Disruption: Spider-Man's Spider Sense can lose its effectiveness if it is blocked or temporarily weakened by specialized equipment, toxins or drugs. It also would not trigger if it detects something that is not registered as a threat like his freinds or his aunt. When deprived of his spider-sense, Spider-Man becomes vulnerable to threats and attacks and web-slinging requires most of his concentration.
- Bad Luck: Not exactly a flaw or a disadvantage in his crime-fighting, Peter Parker's life is generally a complicated one. Peter has been forced in numerous occasions to lie to people close to him, be late in his commitments, get away from people and so on for the sake of his secret identity. This inherent difficulty to get his superhero life a secrecy, matched with the number of superhuman events and beings in New York and simply coincidence has in turn, lead Peter to aggravate people around himself, even ones close to himself, and to, more often than not, run into trouble and embarrassment. As Peter often remarks whenever he misses an opportunity to better his social life, or even get to School on time, (due to his super-heroics), which Peter himself call this "Typical Parker Luck."
- Mechanical Web-Shooters: Peter created twin devices that he could strap to his wrists that were capable of shooting a special web fluid at high pressure and speed. This mechanism ejects an advanced adhesive, releasing web-fluid in a variety of configurations, including a single rope-like strand to swing from, a net to bind enemies, and a simple glob to foul machinery or blind an opponent. The device has an LED light that lights up whenever Peter shoots his webs. Peter later made some modifications to his web shooters where it could now be encased in electricity to stun his enemies thanks to some tech he got from OsCorp Industries.
- Web Fluid: A unique fluid developed by Peter that he uses to fuel his web-shooters, allowing him to shoot webs. According to Peter himself, web line’s tensile strength is estimated to be 120 pounds per square millimeter of cross section. On contact with air, the long-chain polymer knits and forms an extremely tough, flexible fiber with extraordinary adhesive properties. the webbing's tensile strength is stronger then both Steel and Kevlar combined. The webbing is so strong, that it can even hold an entire person up by a single string, stick someone onto a wall, stick something together and so on. The webbing is also more elastic than rubber. After approximately 2 hours, the fluid will lose it's adhesiveness and melt into liquid. Because the fluid almost instantly melts from solid to liquid when under shear pressure, and is not adhesive in its anaerobic liquid/solid phase transition point, there is no clogging of the web-shooter’s parts.
- Modified Camera: Peter Parker/Spider-Man possesses a camera that can take pictures automatically at high-speeds and Peter himself uses the camera to take pictures for the Daily Bugle.
- Wrestler Suit: Peter wore an outfit during his first few appearances as a small-time wrestler and eventually crime fighter after pledging his life to becoming the heroic Spider-Man. This outfit is made out of some clothes of his and the design of it resembles Ben Reilly's costume as the Scarlet Spider. It sported a blue cut out hoodie with a giant spider logo sprayed on at the center and a red long sleeve shirt under it with two white lines going down his sleeves. His mask is just a red ski mask with only his eyes showing, fingerless gloves, a pair of red and white running shoes and a pair of red sweatpants. Later on Peter would equip himself with his initial prototype webshooters for traveling around the city and aiding him in crime fighting. The webshooters can be visibly shown on both of his wrists.
- Spider-Man suit: Using his knitting skills, Peter eventually crafts a costume that would become his 1st official Spider-Man suit. This make him more mobile when fighting crime or swinging around the city and to hide his identity but does not offer much in terms of protection however as it can tear easily by impact with objects and more, but it is a major upgrade from the vigilante suit however. His costume more of a modernized version of the original classic suit with more of the color blue then red. The red section has a black pattern that resembles that of a spider web, with the center of the web being on the mask between the eyes and on top of the nose. His webshooters are on the outside of his suit and the gloves have a mix of red and blue on them. The the eye pieces on the mask are bigger and has plastic lenses with a chrome covering that allow Peter to see out, without letting others see in. The lenses also change shape and size due to him changing his facial features and expressions. They also protect Peter's eyes from dust particles and the glare of the sun while he is swinging through the city. And the webbing on the suit is coded with reflective silver and its laced in instead of being raised. The spider on the chest has been enlarged and a large white spider can be seen on the back. This suit itself can be seen as a unique variation of The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) movie suit with the combine looks of the classic suit and Advanced Suit from the recent video game titled Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) due to the large white spider logo on the back of the suit.
- Web-Cartridges: A utility belt that Spider-Man don't usually wear often, this belt is completely visible on the outside, it holds his web fluids in a way so he can easily make a quick reloading.
- Gene Cleanser: An antidote Peter used to cure a scientist named Doctor Curtis Connors from his Lizard form.
- Web-Shooters: Spider-Man uses his web-shooters to travel by swinging on web-lines. Combined with his spider abilities, he can move at amazing speeds throughout the urban chasms of Manhattan.
- Web-Shooters: Spider-Man's webs can be used to ensnare and immobilize his opponents in combat. Peter later made some modifications to his web shooters where it could now be encased in electricity thanks to some tech he got from OsCorp Industries.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of Marvel Ultiverse and is an adaptation of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. The original character was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko and first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15.
- Peter obtained his Spider Powers a year later after the Skrull Invasion.
- The year Peter was bitten was in 2012.
- Spider-Man's costume in this series looks slightly similar to The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) movie suit.
- Peter will star in Ultiverse: Spider-Man #1 which is set in 2012, a year after the Invasion.
- Peter used to listen to EDM and Rap music.
- Peter Parker is 16 years old in this universe.
- According to Peter's Facebook, his favorite song is "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco.
- Some people believe that Spider-Man is a mutant.
- Peter mentions that he wants to become a scientist when he grows up and planned to work at Oscorp someday.
- Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-981)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-981)
- Quotations by Peter Parker (Earth-981)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References