Peter was born in 1996 to Scientists Richard and Mary Parker, when Peter was 6 his parents left him in the care of Richards brother Ben and his wife May because of a business trip that they never returned from.
Birth of Spider-Man
Peter now 16 is being beaten up along with his friend Harry Osborn by Flash Thompson and his gang when the science teacher Andrew Forson saves them. Harry walks off but Peter is asked to stay Andrew tells him that he has been nominated as Assistant Science Teacher and will help on the trip to Oscorp. The next day Peter is given his lunch by Aunt May and leaves for the bus, he gets on and walks towards Harry but MJ asks him to sit next to her as they've known each other since they were 6 and haven't really talked. Peter tells her about his nomination of Assistant Science Teacher to which she congratulates him.
They arrive at Oscorp where they are greeted by Otto Octavius, Peter is looking around when he sees Norman Osborn and a Shady Man go upstairs. Peter follows them but hides when he heres Norman say the name Richard Parker, Peter gets closer but is found by a Guard who chases him Peter runs into a room when he turns around and sees his class on the other side of a sheet of glass.
Peter bangs on the glass when his teacher tells him to stay calm as he is in the Poisonous Spider Exhibit. Peter is then bitten and collapses. Peter woke up 2 days later and looked in the mirror seeing that his muscles had built. Peter went to wash his face and rip of the tank discovering Super strength. Peter was at School when he saw Flash bullying Harry walking towards Flash Peter tripped launched a students lunch at Flash, Flash then told him he would have revenge.
One day Peter is walking home from school when Uncle Ben picked him and the two drove home, Peter asked Uncle Ben to buy him some sweets. Peter waited as Uncle Ben bought them when he heard a gunshot. Peter ran towards the shop and found his Uncle dead. Peter saw a man running away, Peter begins to chase after the man while the shopkeeper calls the police.
Powers and Abilities
Spider Physiology: After being bitten by a radioactive spider, Peter Parker became an inhuman himself, gaining the proportionate powers of a spider; superhuman strength, speed, agility, stamina, senses, durability, regeneration, balance, and sense of equilibrium. He can stick to any surface, no matter how rough or slippery and a "spider-sense" that alerts of danger.
- Spider-Sense: He also possesses a "spider-sense" which alerts him to danger. This takes the form of a tingling sensation at the base of his skull. Through experience, Spider-Man has learned how to sense differences in the various tingles he feels, determining whether a danger is potential or immediate, how intense a threat it is, what direction it is coming from, etc.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to press lift approximately 5 tons. Spider-Man's physical strength is sufficient to lift and throw objects as heavy as most standard automobiles with ease. He must also pull his punches and kicks unless fighting someone of similar or greater physical durability. Otherwise, his blows would prove fatal to a normal human being. He has demonstrated that he strong enough enable him to knock out people with normal durability with as little as a tap to the head. Spider-Man's physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to be able to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound. In the second issue he seems to throw a car with little effort. He also broke Flash Thompson's hand by blocking with his palm.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows him to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair him. At his peak, Spider-Man can physically exert himself for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Man's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by a super-humanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort, Spider-Man's durability is sufficient that he survived with no serious injury other than a sore body being electrocuted by Electro and then thrown out of Kingpin's skyscraper.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, trampolines.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Spider-Man possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow. He has developed a unique fighting style that made full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 15 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack, even direct gunfire, if he is far enough away.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of his engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Spider-Man's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. Limits to this ability seem to be psychosomatic, and the full nature of this ability has yet to be established.
- Genius Intellect: Academically gifted, Peter displays an uncanny affinity for science that is nothing short of genius. According to Parker his IQ is north of 250. Some of the Earth's most brilliant minds such as Reed Richards and Hank Pym have acknowledged Peter's intellect.
- Science Major: He is a brilliant individual, with exceptional skill in practically every field of science, and is an excellent inventor. He is an accomplished chemist and physicist.
- Skilled Photographer: Peter is a very skilled photographer.
- Master Acrobat: Thanks to his great strength and phenomenal equilibrium, Parker is an excellent athlete, excelling in all gymnastic fields and being able to perform every acrobatic stunt ever performed, including others that can never be performed by even an Olympic acrobat.
- Skilled Combatant: Due to his life being bullied and pranked as a young teenager to acquiring amazing superhuman capabilities and combining them with his scientifically adept and creative mind, Parker has through time become an excellent hand-to-hand combatant utilizing a fighting style that directly complements his superhuman abilities. His methods are volatile, enabling him to rival practically all types of combatants. As a means to compensate for the temporary loss of his spider-sense, Parker also received formal combat training from Shang-Chi through the recommendation of the new Madame Web (Julia Carpenter). Together, they created a new martial art style, the 'Way of the Spider', and Peter's skill with it has substantially increased following the return and amplification of his Spider-Sense.
Equipment: Web-Shooters: Using his Genius Intellect Peter created a strong adhesive webbing to replica a spiders web. Peter then inserted them into two gauntlet type machines that shot out his web. These would later become Spider-Mans primary weapon.
Transportation: Spider-Man's main form of transportation is "web slinging" with the aid of his spider-webs. Spider-Man was able to keep pace with Captain Marvel at his best speed, surprising the Kree warrior, although Spidey mentioned it was mostly due to his practice with web slinging over his career.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-2226)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-2226)
- Quotations by Peter Parker (Earth-2226)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References