Peter Benjamin Parker was born in Queens to Richard and Mary Parker. While Peter was still an infant, his parents were assigned by the CIA to infiltrate the Algerian based spy ring controlled by the communist agent, the Red Skull. The moment the Red Skull learned that Richard and Mary were double agents, he had them killed by one of his agents, the Finisher, in an airplane crash overseas and then framed them for treason.
Living in Queens with his uncle Ben and aunt May, Peter attended the 2010 Stark Expo when he was a kid. After Ivan Vanko hijacked the drones being presented by Hammer Advanced Weapons Systems and sent them on a rampage, one of them mistakenly targeted Peter due to him wearing an Iron Man mask. Peter tried to take a stand against the robot, and was saved by the real Iron Man, who blasted the drone.
Several years later, Peter developed superhuman abilities after being bitten by a radioactive spider, which granted him the proportionate strength and speed of a spider, as well as an uncanny ability to adhere to walls. With his aunt May died in front of him Resolving to use his abilities to help those in need, he developed he had an organic produced web-fluid that shot out of his wrists, and took on the costumed identity of Arachnid and fight crime in the streets.
Powers and Abilities
Spider Physiology: Arachnid possesses the proportionate powers of a spider. The bite triggered numerous body-wide mutagenic changes within Parker, granting him superhuman strength, speed, toughened flesh, and numerous arachnid-like abilities. However, due to his inexperience, he doesn't have full control of his powers and is still discovering them, including his spider-sense. His powers are also still developing.
- Superhuman Strength: Peter possesses the proportionate strength of a spider, enabling him to lift more than the weight of a car. There is footage of him stopping a car moving at 40 mph before hefting it aloft. He was also able to catch and support a collapsing jet bridge.
- Superhuman Speed: Arachnid can move at greater speeds than that of an ordinary human, making him adept at dodging attacks.
- Superhuman Stamina: Arachnid is able to exert himself much longer than normal humans, without tiring.
- Superhuman Agility: Arachnid is exceptionally agile and fast, capable of swinging around on thin spider-webbing and jumping very high distances without difficulty.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Arachnid's reaction time and coordination is significantly enhanced. He is able to catch objects moving at
high speeds even without looking.
- Superhuman Durability: Arachnid possesses denser bones and muscle tissue, that allows him to survive great impacts. He was
unaffected when he fell from the height of several stories. Spider-Man has endured punches from super soldiers without sustaining any lasting damage.
- Superhuman Senses: Arachnid's senses are greatly enhanced as he describes them being "dialed up to eleven."
- Superhuman Balance: Arachnid's sense of balance is similar to most arachnid species, allowing him to perform acrobatic feats and gymnastics.
- Superhuman Sight: Arachnid's sense of sight is superhuman, as he was forced to restrict his eyesight with dark goggles to avoid it from handicapping him in a battle.
- Spider-Sense: Arachnid has a pronounced survival instinct which warns him of impending danger in no time before the time of danger.
- Wall-Crawling: Arachnid is able to adhere to surfaces like a spider, enabling him to crawl along walls or ceilings with ease. When asked about it by Iron Man, he stated that he doesn't use a mechanical device to achieve this.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Arachnid's enhanced metabolism allows him a much faster and extensive recuperation rate than normal humans. After his fight with Vulture, the large scars and burns on his body healed up in a matter of hours.
Gifted Intellect: Peter Parker is an exceptionally smart science enthusiast, capable of inventing and constructing his own web-shooters (the sophistication of which impressed Tony Stark and using the laws of physics to his advantage in a battle as Arachnid.
Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Arachnid is a relatively skilled fighter at both close and long distances. However, he does not seem to be skilled in martial arts, and instead fights instinctively. He emphasizes the use of his speed, agility and his spider webs, which he uses as a non-lethal weapon.
Arachnid's strength has been significantly enhanced, allowing him to engage opponents as strong as the Winter Soldier in battle.
Unlike many superheroes, Arachnid does not have a weakness he is automatically vulnerable to, but in recent years methods have been created to render him vulnerable.
Spider-Sense Disruption: Arachnid's Spider Sense can lose its effectiveness if it is blocked or temporarily weakened by specialized equipment or certain drugs. It also would not trigger if it detects something that is not registered as a threat like the Venom symbiote and its offspring and Anti-Venom. When deprived of his spider-sense, Arachnid becomes vulnerable to surveillance and attack, and web-slinging requires most of his concentration.
Ethyl Chloride: Perhaps as a side effect of gaining his powers, Arachnid is susceptible to the pesticide ethyl chloride. This chemical is frequently used as a weapon by the Spider-Slayers.
Bad Luck: Not exactly a flaw or a disadvantage in his crime-fighting, Peter Parker's life is generally a complicated one. Peter has been forced in numerous occasions to lie to people close to him, be late in his commitments, get away from people and so on for the sake of his secret identity. This inherent difficulty to get his superhero life a secrecy, matched with the number of superhuman events and beings in New York and simply coincidence has in turn, lead Peter to aggravate people around himself, even ones close to himself, and to, more often than not, run into trouble and embarrassment. As Peter often remarks whenever he misses an opportunity to better his social life, improve his finances, or even get to work on time, (due to his super-heroics), "Typical Parker Luck."
Equipment: Arachnid's Suit, and Spider-Signal.
Transportation: Flash's Father's Audi: Arachnid was forced to steal Flash's father's 2018 Audi A8 to pursue Adrian Toomes.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-2210)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-2210)
- Quotations by Peter Parker (Earth-2210)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References