Peter was your normal high school student, with excellent scores; in school exams, and the ladies. Unfortunately, his parents got murdered, and he had to stay in his uncle's house. Peter's uncle was a former scientist who had interest in the nature of spiders. One day, Peter snuck inside his uncle's lab, and with no warning, accidentally toppled over a jar of spiders. The spiders escaped. Some of the spiders fell to the ground, and some ran over a weird radioactive mixture. One of those spiders crawled on Peter, and bit him.
Peter was unaware of his new abilities. He has to attend after-class boxing lessons, which he wasn't really in to, but was forced to by uncle Ben so that he could learn self-defense. His rival, Flash Thompson, was also there. He was beaten multiple times, but today was different. He was able to make a few punches, and actually beated up Flash. Peter felt weird after boxing lessons. He eventually fainted in on their front porch.
Peter noticed that after every day, he kept being stronger and stronger. He decided to find out what was going on, and went to his uncle's lab once more. He remembered that spider that bit him, and then took his blood pressure. It was severely high, but he didn't tell Uncle Ben or Aunt May. Instead, he tried to slice his wrist and took a blood sample. His blood was unidentified, and had multiple traces of radioactive juice. He found out that he was radioactive, and that he had enhanced strength and durability.
With these new found powers, Peter became Spider-Man. After fighting some muggers down the street, he went back home, still wearing the Spider costume, hoping that uncle Ben woudn't notice. He came back, and some criminals were ranging their guns at uncle Ben. Peter tried to save him, but failed, feeling guilty about his uncle's death. Peter needed some extra cash to take care of aunt May's health, so he signed up as a photographer at the Daily Bugle, with their cranky boss, J. Jonah Jameson. Peter met Gwen Stacy, who also worked at the bugle, who was approximately Peter's age, and developed a crush on her.
S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra
Peter encountered Jessica Drew, who was a Hydra agent at that time. Jessica eventually wounded Peter, but he survived by the aid of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Peter was fighting Mysterio in the streets of New York, before being spotted by the Future Four, and helped him. He was given a spot in the group after Victor von Doom left. He became best friends with Johnny Storm, and the two eventually became lovers.
Powers and Abilities
Spider-Man's powers include:
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to press lift many tons. Spider-Man's physical strength is sufficient enough to enable him to lift and throw objects as heavy as a big rig semi truck with ease. He must also pull his punches and kicks unless fighting someone of similar or greater physical durability. Otherwise, his blows would prove fatal to a normal human being.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man is capable of running and moving at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Man has shown to be fast enough to catch up to an accelerating car while on foot, but prefers to travel by webs.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows him to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair him. At his peak, Spider-Man can physically exert himself at his peak capacity for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. Several accounts depict Spider-Man as able to hold his breath for eight minutes or more.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, and trampolines.
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about forty times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack, or even gunfire, given sufficient distance.
Skilled Acrobat: Peter has been trained acrobatics by Nick Fury.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Peter is bi-curious.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-1342)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-1342)
- Quotations by Peter Parker (Earth-1342)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References