- Becoming Spider-Man was the last thing I ever wanted to do. But after Peter... I did what I had to.
- -- Spider-Man
- -- Spider-Man
Ben Reilly is a perfect copy of Spider-Man, created by his arch-enemy, Norman Osborn. Ben was the final clone, following the experiments of Kaine, Scorpion, and Spider-Slayer. Horrified by his own existence, he went on the run and renamed himself Ben Reilly, trying to distance himself from Peter Parker, not wanting to harm him. However, he was eventually dragged back into his life when the other clones tried to kill him. Ben and Peter actually ended up forming a brotherly relationship, and Ben even became a hero himself, called the Scarlet Spider.
After Peter's death while fighting against the rule of Apocalypse, Ben was devastated. To honor his fallen brother, Ben took up the mantle of Spider-Man and joined the resistance team of heroes, the Avengers.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength
- Spider Sense
- Super Reflexes
- Super Agility
- Super Durability
- Super Stamina
- Genius Level Intellect
- Web Shooters
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Ben is in a relationship with his fellow Avenger, Atara, who is also a clone. They bonded over this, and formed a deep connection.
- After becoming Spider-Man, Ben stopped dying his hair blonde. He felt he had more important things to focus on than to try to not be Peter Parker.
- Ben refuses to use the Iron Spider suit, out of fear that Ultron or Iron Man will be able to hack into it.
- In the animated film Age of the Outsiders, Ben Reilly is voiced by Josh Keaton. Keaton has previously voiced Spider-Man in The Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel Super Hero Squad, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel vs CapCom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, and Spider-Man: Edge of Time.
- Appearances of Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-9999)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-9999)
- Quotations by Peter Parker (Ben Reilly) (Earth-9999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
[[Category: In a relationship with Atara Characters]]