Paul Pierre Duval went from a young chemist to an entity of stone after an unknown organic compound transformed him. He also developed the ability to turn whatever he touched to stone, leading to a profitable life of crime.
Powers and Abilities
- Transmutation: The Grey Gargoyle is endowed with all the physical properties of stone with his sentience and mobility intact. The Grey Gargoyle has superhuman strength and resistance to impact and temperature extremes in stone form. He also retains his normal speed and reflexes in granite form. The Grey Gargoyle has the ability to transform any organic or inorganic object into stone by touching it with his right hand. The process is instantaneous. The Grey Gargoyle has mastered his stone touch and could even revert energy into stone when exposed to his right palm. Those turned to stone revert back to their normal state after one hour and do not suffer any ill-effects other disorientation upon returning to normal. A person is susceptible to severe trauma and even death when damaged in stone form. If a person in granite form is shattered into pieces and not properly reformed after one hour, then they will revert back to normal form as a bloody mess. The same issue occurs when an arm or leg is broken off in statue form because that person will be missing that limb upon reversion to normal.
- Superhuman Strength: While in his transformed state, the Grey Gargoyle's strength is increased to superhuman levels. At his peak, he is capable of lifting about 11 tons.
- Superhuman Durability: Also while transformed, the Grey Gargoyle's stone body is highly resistant to physical injury. He can withstand high caliber bullets, falls from great heights, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.
- Limited flight: Despite being in stone form, the Grey Gargoyle possesses the ability of limited flight and can perform a standing jump of about twenty feet with his powerful legs.
- Duval has also shown the ability to scale stone and brick walls by touch.
Duval is an accomplished chemist, and is fluent in both French and English.
The weight of the Grey Gargoyle's stone body makes him susceptible to sinking and drowning when he reverts to his human form. His physical attributes, other than his strength and resistance to injury, are only at levels comparable to those of a typical human being. Hence, he can become fatigued fairly quickly and he has little knowledge of armed or unarmed combat.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Paul Pierre Duval (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Paul Pierre Duval (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Paul Pierre Duval (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References