Powers and Abilities
- Electokinesis: can generate and manipulate electricity. Feats include: ball lightning, lightning bolts, manipulating/absorbing Electromagnetic fields (can tap into electromagnetic energy to enhance her powers), manipulating electrolysis fields, manipulate the electrical energy within computer systems, see the brains electrical signals, scramble the telepathic powers of others, and separate hydrogen molecules from oxygen molecules. Surge's lightning attacks can vary from a bio-electric sting of 100,000 volts, which is strong enough to stun a person, to a fully charged lightning bolt, which can reach temperatures close to 2 or 3 times the surface of the sun and contain over 1,000,000 volts of electricity. Surge is also able to generate lightning which acts like a rejuvenation. She is also able to summon electricity from her body because of her mutant physiology. Another important thing to mention is on more than one occasion Surge has traveled via lightning. However this isn't a option she uses often.
- Electrical Sight: This ability grants Surge an edge in any combat situation as she is able to see the electrical impulse generated my the human nervous system and thus able to predict her opponent's movements a split second before they happen.
- Electrolysis: Surge using electrolysis to breathe under water works well within her power. Electricity can do that to water. It speaks well of her power as well to control the electrical current to where nobody in the water was electrocuted when she pulled this stunt.
- Electrical Absorption: absorbs electricity at all times: from static in the air, electrical appliances, outlets, etc (often causing lights to flicker, etc). Out first, she could not control the absorption, and thus had to wear specifically-designed gauntlets at all times to regulate it.
- Lightning Blasts: She can discharge the energy through lightning blasts from her hands or body. The upper limits of this power have yet to be determined, though these attacks remain considerably powerful when used effectively.
- Superhuman Speed: ability to channel the energy into bursts of super-speed. Her top speed has not been officially calculated, but she once ran from upper New York to the mountains of Colorado in one afternoon. Apparently, she can run at several hundred miles per hour, and retain that speed for several hours.
- Telepathic Resistance: It is believed that due to the nature of Surge's powers that there is always static electricity going through her brain, which makes it harder to reach her telepathically. If she is using her powers it is even more difficult, sometimes even causing pain.
- Surge is a native Japanese speaker who speaks English fluently, with little trace of an accent.
- Possesses the strength of a normal girl her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise
- If Noriko doesn't discharge the electricity that builds in her body causes her mind to race.
- Power Gauntlets: which allow her to regulate intake and release, which minimizes her problems with her ability
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- Noriko Harada is the Earth-515 counterpart to Earth-616's Noriko Ashida.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Noriko Harada (Earth-515)
- Character Gallery: Noriko Harada (Earth-515)
- Quotations by Noriko Harada (Earth-515)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.