In a dystopian future, after Galactus wiped out the Earth's superheroes in 2014, he decided the Earth had potential and instead of devouring it, he made it his permanent base of operations while he ruled it with an iron fist.
Nathan was born to mutants and survivors of the Superhero Massacre, Cyclops and Marvel Girl. As a child, Cyclops and Marvel Girl were killed by the Silver Surfer, Galactus' herald. Nathan was then discovered by another mutant survivor, the man who used to be known as Daredevil and also the leader of the Knights; a resistance group compromised of ex-superheroes. Matt would go on to raise and train Nathan in combat and using weapons.
Joining the Knights
When Nathan was twenty-one, he joined the Knights. Nathan and the Knights would go on to bring hope to the oppressed citizens of Earth until one day, Galactus sent the Silver Surfer to "take care" of the Knights. Daredevil sacrificed himself to save the Knights and was killed by the Silver Surfer, before dying he appointed Spider-Man as the Knights new leader.
Going back in time
A few years later, Spider-Man would devise a plan to build a device and use Quicksilver's time travel abilities to power the device to go back in time and warn the heroes of Galactus' impending attack. The Knights built the device and Quicksilver powered it until the Silver Surfer attacked them at their base,with no time left, Spider-Man ordered Wolverine and Iceman to hold him off while he ordered Nathan to go back in time and warn the others.
Nathan jumped through the portal and arrive in the present. Nathan would immediately head to Westchester and find the X-Men and warn them of Galactus' incoming arrival.
When arriving to Westchester, he is immediately attacked by the X-Men who thinks he's an intruder. Cable would quickly defeat the X-Men and informs them he's not a threat and is here to help, the X-Men take him to Professor Xavier. Professor Xavier reads Cable's mind and discovers he's from the future and is the son of Scott and Jean, now trusting Cable. Cable then informs Xavier and the X-Men that in the future, Galactus arrives and defeats Earth's superheroes and creates a hellish future. The X-Men then ask how are they supposed to defeat him to which Cable explains that this time the world's superheroes will be prepared for him and that they all had to unite against Galactus.
Arrival of Galactus
After the X-Men finished contacting Nick Fury he asked them to bring Cable in for questioning as well.
Upon arriving to the Triskelion Cable sees and attacks Silver Surfer for all the horrendous things he'd do in the future, the two engage in a fight that almost destroys the Triskelion, the Silver Surfer ends the fight with his foot on Cable's throat and explains to him that he apologizes for the horrible things he's done and regrets them, but he did it for his planet. Cable reluctantly forgives Silver Surfer and the two come to an understanding.
With their fight over, Nick Fury questions Silver Surfer and Cable and asks if they know any weaknesses that Galactus has. The Surfer tells Fury that Galactus cosmic hunger is his greatest weakness and without sustaining himself he'll die, Surfer continues and explains that the reason he wants Earth so much is that it is rich with energy.
Silver Surfer realizes that he hasn't reported back to Galactus in over 24 hours and if he doesn't report back in 24 hours, Galactus would launch his assault. Suddenly, the Surfer's word proved true, Galactus had arrived. The Silver Surfer tells them not to completely panic as Galactus always begins a path of destruction shortly before consuming it, Nick Fury orders the Avengers except Hank Pym and Tony Stark, the Fantastic Four except Reed Richards and the X-Men to distract Galactus while Stark, Pym and Richards continue working on a way to stop Galactus with Cable and Silver Surfer following behind.
The two arrive to see Galactus has almost destroyed the three teams. Cable and Silver Surfer begin battling Galactus only for Cable to be knocked out easily which leads to Surfer battling him alone. Silver Surfer realises he can't battle him alone and retreats and uses an untapped power the allows him to teleport himself, the other superheroes (including Spider-Man and Daredevil) back to the Triskelion.
Silver Surfer warns Nick Fury that he sees them as a threat and will be coming for them. Stark, Pym and Richards notify the heroes that they have discovered a dimension called the Negative Zone that has no life in it and if they could create a wormhole and find a way to push him inside of it, they can defeat him. Quicksilver then notifies them that if they know how to build it and tell him how to build it, he'll use his superspeed to get it built fast, Stark, Pym, Richards and Banner then begin brain storming on how to create a device that can create wormholes.
Suddenly, Galactus arrives and attacks the Triskelion. Cable and the heroes begin battling Galactus to hold him off while the brains attempt to blueprint a wormhole device. After a long battle the heroes are defeated by Galactus but luckily the brains have come up with a way of creating a portal device, they wake up Quicksilver to build the mission, although Quicksilver will need a distraction, Bruce transforms into the Hulk in a berserker rage and begins pounding Galactus. From looking at the blueprints, Quicksilver builds the device and activates it creating a wormhole. Hulk with a limited understanding keeps on punching Galactus in the direction of the wormhole and attempts to push him into it, as Galactus falls into the wormhole he grabs the Hulk and with no way to escape his fate seems to be sealed.
Until Silver Surfer zooms in and tackles Galactus into the wormhole going inside with him. Quicksilver quickly shuts down the device closing the wormhole forever, after successfully averting the dystopian future Cable hails from, he begins fading from existence. As he is fading, Cable thanks Daredevil, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iceman and Quicksilver for being a family to him when no one else would in the future and he tells his parents that he loves them and hopes to see them again soon.
Powers and Abilities
- Telepathy: Ability read minds and project the thoughts of others.
- Telepathic Illusion: Ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Cloak: Can mask his presence from being detected by others. Can extend these defenses to others around him as well. Cable's abilities can, at times, go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths, depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities.
- Mind Link: Ability to develop a mental link with any person, which remains as a connection to that individual.
- Telepathic Camouflage: Ability to mask himself and other people's presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around his quite different (changing the appearance of clothing, as well as more involved disguising).
- Mind Control: Ability to control the minds and even voluntary and involuntary bodily functions of sentient beings (such as other humans).
- Mind Trap: Ability to take another person's mind from their body and effectively trapping that mind within his own.
- Mind Possession: Ability to possess the mind of another, and use that beings body as your own.
Mind Alteration: Ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.
- Mental Amnesia: Ability to cause loss of particular memories and amnesia in another person or even in a group of people.
Precognition: The ability to foresee events before they have even come to pass.
- Psionic Shield: Ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of others minds. Cable has proven very difficulty to psychically assail, as he is very well skilled in shielding his own mind from mental-attacks (such as attempts to read, control or harm his own mind).
- Psionic Blasts: Can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind, so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
- Mental Detection: Can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a large, but as yet undefined radius of himself, by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being. At his peak, Nathan is strong enough to sense a stray thought a continent away.
- Telekinesis: Cable possesses high-level telekinesis enabling him to manipulate matter with the energy of his thoughts. Capable of very fine control over objects, including himself. On larger levels, Cable can levitate great weights, but his upper limit has remained undisclosed. At his peak, Nathan could displace hundreds of tons of matter as he did when lifting and repositioning the sunken space station Greymalkin.
- Intuitive Aptitude: Can disassemble complex devices explosively (separating every last component, such as screws, nuts, circuit boards, etc.) and, just as quickly, easily assemble complex devices. This also has enabled him to even attain awareness and control over objects as small as individual electrons in an atom. For instance, Cable could detect if a seal was hermetic, or not, by checking for the presence of penetrating oxygen molecules. Can even detect and discern individual oxygen molecules, and determine the atomic weight of molecules, by the amount of atoms present.
- Matter Alteration: Ability to alter molecular and subatomic structures, both in his own techno-organic components (though this may be a function of telekinesis, as opposed to a discreet superhuman power), and the very chemical valences in objects i.e. changing food into poison, moving oxygen molecules to cause asphyxiation, transforming a man into a hideous man-bat or even changing the dermal layer of another's hands into glowing algae.
- Inorganic Disintegration: Several times Cable has show cased the ability to disintegrate objects by dissolving their atomic and molecular bonds.
- Psionic Spikes: Ability to create destructive psionic spikes that destroy the physical objects that the spikes come into contact with.
- Telekinetic Healing: At the peak of his power as Soldier X, Nathan has showcased vast biological capabilities. Such as regenerating himself and/or healing others of malignancies or bodily damage at an accelerated rate. Like after getting shot in the head twice as well as healing his body after getting cut through by semi-automatic gunfire.
- Force Fields: Ability to create protective force shields that could deflect even the most powerful of attacks (even filter bacteria from the air). The upper limits of this ability remain unknown, but it is believed that he could probably protect himself from harm at the ground zero detonation of a 1 kiloton nuclear warhead (4.18 terajoules of energy from the heat, concussion and radiation effects). Cable has also displayed such control over the fields as to shape them precisely, even to conform very closely to his body’s form. There does not appear to be any correlation between field strength and the thickness of the telekinetic fields.
- Concussive Blasts: Can project telekinetic energies as powerful blast beams directed from his brain that could apparently affect matter with concussive force.
- Tactile Telekinesis: Cable can use his telekinesis to enhance his already impressive physical practices to superhuman levels.
- Telekinetic Flight: By levitating himself, he can "fly" for very long distances and at varying speeds.
- Master Combatant: Cable was trained by Daredevil and so, is a highly accomplished warrior and battle strategist, highly adept in many forms of hand-to-hand combat and in the use of a variety of weaponry from both the modern era and the late 37th-early 39th century.
- Gifted Intelligence: Cable has a diploma in law and is also in possession of an education provided by the Clan Askani, which is far in advance of modern era conventional education, especially in the sciences.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Cable was born in 2024.
- Appearances of Nathan Summers (Earth-1111)
- Character Gallery: Nathan Summers (Earth-1111)
- Quotations by Nathan Summers (Earth-1111)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References