Allegedly, two islands remained of Atlantis after it sank. These island did not sink until thousands of years later. On one of these islands, called Avalon, a member of its royalty was named Igraine. Igraine had a daughter named Morgan, who went to Britain with Myrddin - later Merlin - when Avalon sank.
Protesting the conversion of Great Britain to Pauline Christianity, Morgan opposed her half-brother, King Arthur Pendragon. Morgan attempted to used the Darkhold and was possessed by Chthon.
Later, when Merlin and the Black Knight went off to battle Morgan, a mutant Nordheimr Vanir impersonated Merlin, and Sir Percival was slain by Mordred. Morgan herself was imprisoned within her castle. However, she was visited by Dr. Doom, who went back in time hoping she would aid him in modern times.
Powers and Abilities
Morgana possesses a gifted intellect, and as a former pupil of Merlin, she possesses a great deal of magical lore, considered one of the greatest sorceresses in Earth's history. To prove this the Eye of Agamotto appeared to Morgan as it considered her a possible replacement for Doctor Strange as Sorcerer Supreme. She is also a high priestess of the Earth goddess (Gaea) by invoking her Celtic name, Danu.
- Spell Casting: Morgana is a very powerful sorceress capable of casting incredible spells. Morgana could cast location spells. Morgana could cast spells to control her enemies.
- Reality Warping: Morgana could cast a very powerful spell to warp all of reality in her image.
- Time Travel: Morgana was very skilled in magical time travel. It was one of her most frequently used magics.
- Necromancy: Morgana was very powerful in Necromancy. Morgana also cast a spell to re-animate every person killed by the sword Excalibur by using a shard of the sword itself, in an effort to create a dead army.
- True Immortal: Morgana is somewhat of a 'real God'. Where as actual Gods like the Asgardians and the Olympians can indeed be truly killed in one way or another, Morgana it seems, cannot. She does not age either due to her half faerie heritage.
- Power Granting: Morgana has demonstrated the ability to grant powers to others.
- Teleportation: Morgana was capable of teleporting across dimensions, locations and through time.
- Omnipresence: Morgana has demonstrated an ability to be everywhere at once.
- Shape Shifting: Morgana has demonstrated an ability to change her shape and form. She has on occasion used magic to grow in size to assume a giant version of herself.
- Transmutation: Morgana has demonstrated the power to transform one thing into another.
- Energy Projection: Morgana is incredibly powerful. Her projection of magical energy in the form of bolts, beams and various others when battling, has on several occasions proved devastating.
- Illusions: Morgana has demonstrated the power to create illusions.
- Astral Projection: Morgan has frequently displayed the ability to project herself in astral form. While in Astral Form she has also been able to utilize her entire array of magical powers. She has also been able to bring others into an Astral plane of existence too and battle them there. She can also affect physical beings and objects while in astral form.
Morgan Le Fay is weak to iron, or anything irons of metallic objects.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: Flight via her dark magic.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- Morgana Le Fay is documented and consistently displayed as one of Marvels most powerful sorceresses.
- Appearances of Morgan le Fay (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Morgan le Fay (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Morgan le Fay (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References