Michael was not interested in learning his grandfather's arts, instead choosing to become a surgeon. When his wife Katheryn became sick, he vowed that he would find a cure for her. However, she soon died. His daughter Elizabeth became angry at him, and was taken in by the MacNeils. Michael spent his time in the wild as a recluse. He was visited by his grandfather's spirit and learned the magical arts.
He also encountered a goddess and helped her deliver her child, Snowbird. James and Heather McNeil met Michael and Snowbird and invited them to join Alpha Flight. Shaman didn't join the team officially, but was a loyal ally. He took the name of Shaman, using both his mystic and medical talents.
Powers and Abilities
Sarcee Sorcery: Shaman was a powerful magician trained in the use of the Sarcee people's nature-based magics. His mystical pouch contained a number of items for use in spells.
- Alter Appearance
- Astral Projection
- Mystical Bolts
- Illusion Casting
- Cause sleep
- Elemental/Weather Control: Shaman could affect weather, such as causing a blizzard. He could also use small elements within his pouch, such as creating a stone golem or a fire barrier.
- Plant Control-Shaman could cause vines to appear and entangle foes
- Natural Dimensional Nullification: Through the power of nature, he could nullify extra dimensional magics or return an extra dimensional being to its home dimension.
- Restoration: Using his pouch, Shaman could revert altered beings to their natural state. A special ritual could cure people possessed by the Wendigo.
- Time Travel
- Flight: He could levitate and fly riding wind. He seemed to be mostly adept at flying vertically.
- Totems: Shaman could use various totems.
- Commune with Animals
- Commune with Spirits: He could request any spirits present in an area to assist him with the Spirit Staff.
- Telepathy/Empathy: Shaman has mentally linked to his daughter. He could also detect the presence of evil.
He was a skilled surgeon, one of the best in Canada. He was fluent in a number of languages, including Inuit.
Shaman refused to affect the minds of others against their will. He couldn't force a spirit to help him unless he is using the talisman.
- Shaman's Medicine Pouch: This pouch was actually a void-like dimension containing various staves, powders and objects. Shaman placed his hand and retrieved an item when needed. As long as an item could 'fit' in the bag, he could use it. Items could be drawn into the bag. Shaman and Elizabeth could safely look into the pouch, but it was apparently a maddening sight to anyone who didn't have the magical skill to withstand its power.
- Eagle's Crest: The eagle crest on Shaman's hat was a familiar called Eaglet.
- Grandfather's Skull: Shaman kept his grandfather's skull as a focus.
- Caribou Robe: Given to him by Elizabeth as a sign of passing his rites.
- Sarcee Wristbands: Shaman formerly wore two Sarcee wristbands. By slapping the wristbands together, he could instantly change from his civilian attire into his Shaman costume.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: The Great Key, a long golden staff (usually kept in his mystical pouch). It served as a gateway to the Realm of Beasts when it was used at the Eye of the World.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Michael Twoyoungmen (Earth-1010)
- Character Gallery: Michael Twoyoungmen (Earth-1010)
- Quotations by Michael Twoyoungmen (Earth-1010)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References