May and her twin brother; Ben were born to photographer Peter Parker and his super model wife Mary Jane Watson-Parker. At this point in Peter's life, he had retired as Spider-Man since New York had entered a "Golden Age" where the streets were clean and there was rarely any superpowered activity. Due to this, May and Ben lived a relatively normal life and grew up unaware their father was Spider-Man.
In her sophomore year of high school, May was very much like her mother as she was popular and hung out with the cheerleaders and jocks, she loved her brother very much and so through her popularity she kept all the bullies off her brother. Also, she was very intelligent like her father. During a seemingly normal day during high school, at cheer leading practice her spider-like abilities manifested. While her friends simply thought May was really athletic, May knew that wasn't it.
May believes she's a mutant and keeps it a secret from her family, until a week later when suddenly her brother's abilities had manifested too when he confided in her.
May and Ben decided to go to Stark Industries to learn more about their powers, at this point in time Stark Industries had a division that would help individuals who had recently manifested superpowers and would help them understand and to control them whether they were mutants, mutates or Inhumans.
May and Ben eventually discovered they were mutants and had abilities similar to the superhero Spider-Man. After a few weeks of training, the two had managed to come to grips with their powers. They eventually suspected their father was Spider-Man and decided to confront him about it, Peter initially denied this but admitted to it when he saw his children display spider-like abilities. Peter would then go on to explain to his children about how he became Spider-Man and all of his history up until the point he retired.
Due to the sudden spike in superpowered criminal activity and Ben becoming a new Spider-Man, May decided to follow in her father's footsteps as well and donned a costume in the fashion of the first Spider-Woman, took her name and began fighting crime.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: Spider-Woman's hands and feet have the ability to manipulate the inter-atomic binding forces of matter, allowing her to form temporary molecular bonds between her body and another object. This enables her to cling to solid surfaces and scale walls simply by placing his hands on them. She also possesses a "spider-sense" which alerts her to danger. This takes the form of a tingling sensation at the base of her skull. Through experience, Spider-Woman has learned how to sense differences in the various tingles she feels, determining whether a danger is potential or immediate, how intense a threat it is, what direction it is coming from, etc.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Woman possesses superhuman strength enabling her to press lift approximately 6 tons. Spider-Woman’s physical strength is sufficient to lift and throw objects as heavy as most standard auto mobiles with ease. She must also pull her punches and kicks unless fighting someone of similar or greater physical durability. Otherwise, her blows would prove fatal to a normal human being. She has demonstrated that she strong enough enable her to knock out people with normal durability with as little as a tap to the head. Spider-Woman’s physical strength also extends into her legs, enabling her to be able to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Woman can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Woman's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows her to exert herself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair her. At her peak, Spider-Woman can physically exert herself for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Woman's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. Her body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. She can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by a super-humanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Woman’s agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Woman is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being, despite their enhanced strength. She has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. She can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. She can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, and trampolines.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Spider-Woman possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. She seems able to adjust her position by instinct, which enables her to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow. She has developed a unique fighting style that made full use of her agility, strength, and equilibrium.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Woman's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 15 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with her spider-sense, the speed of her reflexes allows her to dodge almost any attack, even direct gunfire, if she is far enough away.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Woman has the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to her body (especially concentrated in her hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. Limits to this ability seem to be psychosomatic, and the full nature of this ability has yet to be established
- Venom Blasts: Her body possesses an inordinate amount of bio-electricity that she has learned to channel and discharge through her hands, in controlled bursts of what she calls "Venom Blasts". These energy projections vary in power; they mostly affect the nervous system in humans. Spider-Woman can regulate them from simply a stun to potent enough to kill an average-sized man in the same way that a lightning bolt could kill him
- Pheromone Secretion: Her metabolism generates certain types of pheromones that can create fear, elicit attraction and/or repulsion on others, depending on unknown factors which might include gender and mood. This ability appears to be dormant at the moment.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Mayday Parker (Earth-983)
- Character Gallery: Mayday Parker (Earth-983)
- Quotations by Mayday Parker (Earth-983)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References