Mary Jane Watson and her sister Gayle were taken in by their Aunt Anna after their's mother's death and their father abandoned them. She became close friends with Yuri Watanabe and her next door neighbor, Johnny Storm.
In ninth grade, Mary Jane and Johnny attended a school field trip to a laboratory. They snuck off as Johnny insisted that the real experiments were behind closed doors, saying "it's how my parents do it." They ran into fellow student Victor von Doom, who urged them to follow him to his father's lab. Victor had them watch from the doorway as his father opened a dimensional breach. A stream of cosmic rays streamed out of the portal.
Days later, the two realized they had gained superpowers; Johnny could fly and had superhuman agility, durability, reflexes, speed, stamina, and strength. Yuri, who witnessed the two's first flight, convinced the two to help her create the superhero team known as Slingers, with Watson choosing the name Jackpot. Despite initially failing, the team eventually recruited the Masked Marvel, transforming him into Spider-Man.
Powers and Abilities
After being hit with cosmic radiation, Mary Jane gained the following abilities:
- Super Agility
- Super Durability
- Super Leaping
- Super Reflexes
- Super Speed
- Super Stamina
- Super Strength
- Martial Arts: Jackpot was tutored in martial arts by the Wraith.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Heroic Spider-Man and is an adaptation of Mary Jane Watson. The original character was created by Stan Lee and John Romita Sr. and first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #25.
- On Earth-616:
- Mary Jane was simply a suspect in Jackpot's identity.
- Jackpot used Mutant Growth Hormones to achieve powers.
- She couldn't fly nor and the cape was just used on covers.
- She was originally going to have heat vision.
- Appearances of Mary Jane Watson (Earth-774237)
- Character Gallery: Mary Jane Watson (Earth-774237)
- Quotations by Mary Jane Watson (Earth-774237)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References