Marvel's The Incredible Hulk 3 is a 2014 live-action superhero movie produced by 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios centered around the popular superhero, the Hulk. It is overall fourteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe released worldwide November 7th 2014.
The idea of a third Hulk film had been discussed by Marvel Studios and 20th Century Fox since The Incredible Hulk 2's release in late 2010. However, due to the film's underperformance from Fox's expectations the Neill Blomkamp's lack of interest in directing another film, the movie had a much more sluggish development compared to the other MCU sequels, nonetheless Kevin Feige and Mark Ruffalo showed optimism and a consistent desire to finish the trilogy. At Comic Con 2012 the official slate for Phase 2 was released putting The Incredible Hulk 3 in November 2014, four years after its predecessor's release. In October 2012, Marvel Studios tapped Guillermo Del Toro to direct the third Hulk film, as he was one of the runner ups to direct The Incredible Hulk but wasn't able commit due to scheduling conflicts.
Del Toro expressed an interest in simplifying the franchise back to its monstrous roots by having characters like the Red Hulk and She-Hulk join the franchise. Showing less interest in the gritty psychological analysis the other films often explored and generally desired to "shake up" the Hulk and his supporting characters. Marvel Studios did confirm that the movie would take place after The Avengers and would also deal with the growth Bruce experienced during that film.
In early 2013 Jason Statham and Mickey Rourke joined the cast of The Incredible Hulk 3, reprising their roles as Taskmaster and Crimson Dynamo respectively in addition to Tim Roth as Abomination. This sparked rumors online that the film would feature the notorious Thunderbolts team of super villains from the comics. These rumors became cemented further when Tim Roth confirmed in an interview that was the direction he was looking forward for his character go in.
The movie entered production in mid 2013. Being released officially on November 7th 2014.
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Hulk
- William Hurt as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross/Red Hulk
- Kerry Washington as Lucy Ryker/Harpy
- Angie Harmon as Jennifer "Jen" Walters/She-Hulk
- Liv Tyler as Betty Ross
- Aaron Eckhart as Agent Clay Quartermain
- Terrence Howard as General John Ryker
- Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky/A-Bomb
- Jason Statham as Thomas "Tommy" Masters/Taskmaster
- Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko/Crimson Dynamo
- Salma Hayek as Katherine Waynesboro
- Adrian Pasdar as General Glenn Talbot
- Freddie Prinze Jr. as Himself (Cameo)
- William Sadler as President Matthew Ellis (Cameo)