The following contains mature content. Reader discretion is advised.
Marvel's Jessica Drew Season 1 is first season of the 2015 digital series based on an amalgamation between the Marvel Comics characters Spider-Woman and Jessica Jones. It takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is the second series to be part of the Defenders line up. All episodes were released on Netflix November 20th 2015.
Marvel Studios during their original inception had at some point had briefly considered Spider-Woman to helm her own solo film, but eventually abandoned the idea in favor of Black Widow. Not much happened with the character until 2013, when Jeph Loeb pitched to Marvel Studios Spider-Woman as one of four different exclusive Marvel Television series to air on Netflix, and eventually team up as the Defenders (akin to the Avengers in the movies). The idea was approved and development began on a Jessica Drew solo series.
Meanwhile, Melissa Rosenberg had been working alongside Marvel Television the past couple of years to create a television adaptation of the Alias graphic novel starring Jessica Jones for the FOX Network. Loeb eventually was able to merge both "Jessica" projects into one production by encouraging Rosenberg to instead produce a Spider-Woman television series for Netflix. Promising her an R-Rating, a generous budget, and the ability to adapt the Alias story arc due to Spider-Woman originally being considered to have the main role in the comics. Rosenberg agreed to the proposition and was officially promoted to Showrunner of the new series. Filming occurred in late 2014 and the series released all of the first season's episodes to Netflix November 20th 2015.
- Krysten Ritter as Jessica Drew
- David Tennant as Zebediah Kilgrave/The Purple Man
- Rachael Taylor as Patricia "Trish" Walker
- Eka Darville as Malcolm Powder
- Carrie Ann Moss as Jeryn "Jeri" Hogarth
- Seann William Scott as Denny Haynes
- Michelle Trachtenberg as Jessica Jones
- Rebecca De Mornay as Dorothy Walker
- Juri Henley-Cohn as David Lawson
- Colby Minifie as Roxanne Gaines
- Kieran Mulcare as Roland Gaines
- Zeljko Ivanek as Paul Hall
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett
- Jessica Hecht as Miranda Pritchett
- James McCaffrey as Steven Keaton
- Mike Colter as Carl Lucas/Luke Cage
- Wil Traval as Will Simpson/Nuke