Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1 is the first season of a 2014 series by the same name, created by Marvel Television and 20th Century Fox Television on FOX. It takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is a prequel that focuses on the early adventures of Captain America supporting character, Peggy Carter, in particular her involvement in the founding of S.H.I.E.L.D. It premiered June 9th 2014.
In 2012, a mere couple months after the announcement of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Jeph Loeb had confirmed in an interview that he and Kevin Feige were in the process of developing a female-lead FOX series to air alongside Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that would connect "more heavily to the films". In early 2013, Haley Atwell announced her starring in an upcoming mini-series that would be centered around her character Agent Peggy Carter from Captain America airing sometime in the 2013-2014 winter season. Kevin Feige had made it clear afterwards that the series would indeed be a prequel and would work to answer a lot of questions viewers may have about S.H.I.E.L.D. and the early days of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, and Chris Dingess were announced to be Showrunners.
Soon after in summer of that year, a dozen casting announcements were made confirming Enver Gjokaj and Chad Michael Murray would be joining the cast along with Dominic Cooper, reprising his role as well from Captain America as Howard Stark. It was also confirmed that iconic comic book characters such as Edwin Jarvis and Doctor Faustus, played by James D'Arcy and Ralph Brown respectively, would be joining the series. With announcements coming at Comic Con 2013 that the Red Room and Winter Soldier programs would be explored in the series.
Agent Carter was announced later in the year to given a specific release date on January 7th 2014. Airing directly after Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 9:00 on Tuesdays. The reasoning for this schedule being the idea that viewers could would tune in for S.H.I.E.L.D. and stick around to watch Agent Carter after.
- Haley Atwell as Agent Margaret "Peggy" Carter
- Enver Gjokaj as Agent Fred Jones
- Chad Michael Murray as Agent George Stonewall
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Rebecca "Rikki" Barnes
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis
- Shea Whigham as Chief Jerry Larkin
- Ralph Brown as Johann Fennhoff/Doctor Faustus
- Bridget Regan as Yelena Belova
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark
- Kyle Bornheimer as Agent Isadore "Izzy" Cohen
- Lotte Verbeek as Ana Jarvis
- Max Brown as Harrison Carter
- Neil Flynn as Joseph Rogers
- Gillian Anderson as Sarah Rogers