- Long before the birth of light, there was darkness...and from that darkness came the Dark Elves. Millennia ago, the most ruthless of their kind, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night. Such evil was possible through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction. The noble armies of Asgard, led by my father King Bor, waged a mighty war against these creatures. As the Nine Worlds converged above him, Malekith could at last unleash the Aether...but Asgard ripped the weapon from his grasp; without it, the Dark Elves fell. With the battle all but lost, Malekith sacrificed his own people in a desperate attempt to lay waste to Asgard's army. Malekith was vanquished and the Aether was no more. Or so we were led to believe.
- The Aether awakens us. The convergence returns.
- Look upon my legacy, Algrim. I can barely remember a time before the light."
"Our survival will be your legacy."
"The Asgardians will suffer as we have suffered. I will reclaim the Aether. I will restore our world. And I will put an end to this poisoned universe.
- You needn't have come so far Asgardian, death would have come to you soon enough."
"Not by your hand!"
"Your universe was never meant to be. Your world and your family will be extinguished!
- Darkness returns, Asgardian. Have you come to witness the end of your universe?"
"I've come to accept your surrender."
"You think you can stop this? The Aether can not be destroyed!"
"But YOU can!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.