Little is known about Bishop's life before the Civil War. It can be assumed to be similar to his mainstream counterpart.
Before the passing of the Superhuman Registration Act, Bishop contacted fellow future X-Man Cable and failed to change his mind about registering - using the alternate futures they came from as an argument. Bishop was of course among the heroes to support the SRA with S.H.I.E.L.D. During the Ultimate Alliance's final fight against the Fold: Black Panther voiced over the radio from Wakanda that the collective have assimilated Bishop.
Powers and Abilities
- Energy Absorption
- Concussive Blasts
- Accelerated Healing
- Enhanced Strength
- Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Stamina
- Enhanced Endurance
- Energy Resistance
Bishop recently has shown the ability to instinctively determine his exact location and the time he is in at all times, even if asleep. This may have to do with the chronal energies he absorbed. Bishop is a trained police officer, skilled in the homicide branch. Bishop has also had many years of armed and unarmed combat training has made him a devastating unarmed combatant, and a superb marksman with firearms, both from his own time, some of which he brought with him from the future when he originally arrived in our present, and also both heavy duty military and conventional guns and weapons of the present time.
- Bishop was unable to absorb energy from inertial impacts such as hitting walls. This does not mean he was incapable of absorbing kinetic energy. Kinetic effects such as an exploding card from Gambit were able to be absorbed. It would seem that as of late he is learning to absorb inertial impact energy, however he still cannot do so with anywhere near a high efficiency. Whether it is possible to increase this ability in time with practice is unknown.
- Some energy types are more difficult to absorb than others. Bishop can be overloaded by trying to absorb too much energy, though his upper limits are unknown, even to himself.
- Although he can absorb psionic energy from blasts or telekinetic attacks, Bishop is not immune to telepathic attacks, but his power sustains him and helps him to slow them down.
- He is partially vulnerable to non-energy weapon attacks, so if he were to be shot by a projectile weapon or hit with a crowbar, it could harm him.
Equipment: Sunglasses that display information and allow communication with the rest of the X-Men.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Guns that fire laser beams and plasma charges. He is able to recharge them with his own stored energy.
- No special notes.
- Emerson Brooks will reprise his role as Bishop.
- Appearances of Lucas Bishop (Earth-6109.2)
- Character Gallery: Lucas Bishop (Earth-6109.2)
- Quotations by Lucas Bishop (Earth-6109.2)
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References